What Happens When You Get Stressed Out?

stress coldsores

5 replies to this topic

#1 awesomesaucee

awesomesaucee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, Business, Personal Development, Helping others, nature, natural things, laughing

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:27 AM

I get a lot of acne when I get stressed out, but this last particularly terrible bout of stress, I also got a coldsore! :( I find this terribly unfair that I'm already embarrassed about my skin, but now I'm even more self-conscious until it goes away. My sister gets coldsores usually, and I get the acne, so I jokingly said "I got a coldsore as well as acne because I'm a greedy bitch"

so what happens when you get stressed out? And how do you deal with stress?

#2 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

when you get stressed your inmmune system becomes weaker, which means more inflammation, acne an an inflammatory disease. When you get a cold, it could be because the virus/bacteria is strong or because your inmmune system is not working at 100%, it becomes less effective to deal with bacteria, including P.acnes

#3 Lola Burns

Lola Burns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I get stress related breakouts too. And then the breakout causes more stress and the more stress makes the breakout worse. It's a vicious cycle. The only solution is to find something to quiet one's noisy mind (other than clear skin, because I believe peace must come first). I drink oodles of matcha green tea in the morning (or as I like to call it: "liquid Prozac") and oodles of rooibos tea at night (or as I like to call it: "liquid Xanax"). The tea helps A LOT, but not enough. I'm looking into yoga and meditation now.

Edited by Lola Burns, 24 January 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#4 guillotineSavvy

guillotineSavvy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Painting, running, photography, brainless TV shows

Achievements

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:39 PM

I drink oodles of matcha green tea in the morning (or as I like to call it: "liquid Prozac") and oodles of rooibos tea at night (or as I like to call it: "liquid Xanax").

Ooh, I guzzle down tea when I'm stressed! Make sure it's caffeine free though, since caffeine has been linked to breakouts!

#5 Lola Burns

Lola Burns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:52 AM

I drink oodles of matcha green tea in the morning (or as I like to call it: "liquid Prozac") and oodles of rooibos tea at night (or as I like to call it: "liquid Xanax").

Ooh, I guzzle down tea when I'm stressed! Make sure it's caffeine free though, since caffeine has been linked to breakouts!

The rooibos is caffeine free. Matcha isn't though. But I think I read that the type of caffeine that naturally occurs in tea isn't the same kind of caffeine that you find in coffee, sodas and chocolate. Even if it's not, it's still a considerably lower dose than I was getting from coffee. And decaffeinating is processing, and ideally, you want your tea as unprocessed as possible (which is why white tea is another excellent choice). But yes, some people are more sensitive to caffeine than others. So if that's a concern I would go with a good loose leaf rooibos. (which has shown some promise in reducing inflammation when consumed and applied topically.)

#6 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Staying home all day and going on acne.org researching about what will cure acne. && LIMP!

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:57 AM

Well today I was really stressed. I just broke down and cried. I ended up breaking my mirror, throwing all my clothes on the floor. One time I even dealt with it by cutting off the underneath layers of my hair. But mostly I just cry and starve myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users