Preface: Many companies like Avita (spray on stem cells) are still under FDA approval so I was shocked to find this company doing something even more invasive.
Today I called into MetroMD. You can find them by doing a video search for "stem cell acne scar". I expected them to offer what most places around the world were doing, spray on stem cell with CO2 Dot Therapy. They have only been doing business for one year now which makes me wary of this company and would like to know if anyone has any additional information on them.
This is what I found out in the phone call:
- 1 Year doing stem cells
- Location: Hollywood
- "Only 1 CO2 Dot Therapy session needed". They said that even if you had to do another one, they would comp the cost but haven't had to yet.
- Bone marrow extraction of stem cells are from 1 to 2 billion as oppose to 300 million from fat cells. (most other companies doing fat cells)
- 3 ways to penetrate the stem cells: Spray-on, injected, and intravenous.
- They said they are one of the rare US companies out there now because they got their protocols from a university (never asked which) but it somewhat follows the newest protocols of burn victims.
- Cost: It's a lot... If you thought Fraxel repair was expensive then look elsewhere.
I've researched spray on stem cells like Avita (spray-on) with Fraxel Repair and looking for a Doc within a few hours flying from Northern California. I found this practice and it has me confused as to the efficacy of bone marrow vs fat stem cells.
Stem cell for acne scarring is finally here in the US. But is it really worth it?
Edited by Progression, 23 January 2012 - 08:38 PM.