Photo

I Need Help Picking My Store Regimen .. Would Proactive Repairing Treatment B Good?

2 replies to this topic

#1 ihasacnelol

ihasacnelol

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

hey for my regimen i think im going to go with
Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser
then probably proactive repairing treatment it has 2.5% benzol but idk i need your opinions about it
then i need to find a good moisturizer.. any ideas?

i have moderate acne... blackheads on nose forehead and lower chin... probably some under my nose... alittle scaring on my right cheek.. i need help lol

im also thinking of useing lubriderm daily moistureizer... idk your opinions?

#2 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

good choice on the cleanser. i'm not sure about the proactiv repairing lotion. i've used proactiv in the past and it made things horrible, but I've never used the repairing lotion while on Dan's regimen. I suppose you could give it a shot and see how it works for you. If possible, I highly recommend ordering Dan's BP. It is a hell of a lot cheaper and it works so good. For a moisturizer, I'm not sure about the lubriderm. Make sure it's oil free and noncomedogenic. Also make sure it's specifically meant for the face. I had been using a moisturizer for the body for years, not knowing it was the root of my problem. I currently use CeraVe PM lotion. Even though it's a Pm lotion, I use it day & night. Hope this helps!

http://www.acne.org/...genic-list.html

i just added this link for you. it's a list of all the bad ingredients to avoid. surprisingly, a lot of stuff out there claims it's noncomedogenic, but then it will have some of the highest pore clogging ingredients in them.

#3 Vanessa Chris Nielson

Vanessa Chris Nielson

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

If you are really set on buying a BP product I would try a brand with a better reputation than Proactiv. If you go to the link you can see how people have rated a lot of store bought BP products. There are several on here that have much better ratings than the Proactiv product you are considering (which is also on this list): http://www.acne.org/...&min_reviews=15

For a moisturizer, definitely don't use anything that isn't specifically formulated for acne-prone skin. I am personally a person who prefers brand loyalty, meaning if I buy a facewash from one brand I am generally buying my moisturizer and other products from that brand too. So in your case I would probably consider the Clean & Clear lotion that is from the same line as the face wash first.

That said, I would also recommend making use of the Acne.org reviews available at the above link. You can also look up moisturizers and scar treatments there.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users