makeup acne-prone skin makeup

72 replies to this topic

#61 alexiam90

alexiam90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

I went through all the make up threads the other day since I was looking for a good concealer and foundation to replace my Urban Decay. I narrowed my list down by looking at all the ingredients and finally went and bought Almay Smart Shade concealer and Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30. I've been using both for a week now without any new breakouts! YAY! I was a little nervous to go with a powder foundation only because I never liked them in the past since they tend to look cakey, but this one doesnt! Thank you to the person who recommended these products! 

#62 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

I went through all the make up threads the other day since I was looking for a good concealer and foundation to replace my Urban Decay. I narrowed my list down by looking at all the ingredients and finally went and bought Almay Smart Shade concealer and Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30. I've been using both for a week now without any new breakouts! YAY! I was a little nervous to go with a powder foundation only because I never liked them in the past since they tend to look cakey, but this one doesnt! Thank you to the person who recommended these products! 

I have Urban Decay's Naked foundation, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Did you notice more breakouts from it?

I used Smart Shade a few years ago, but couldn't find the right shade. 

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#63 alexiam90

alexiam90

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:38 AM

I have Urban Decay's Naked foundation, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Did you notice more breakouts from it?

At first I loved Urban Decay's Naked foundation, but after maybe a month of use I noticed I had lots of clogged pores. You couldn't really see them unless you looked at my skin in harsh daylight super closely, but it bothered me a lot. I didn't realize that the foundation was causing my clogged pores because I didn't notice any blemishes from it right away. I stopped using it about 10 days ago and my skin does seem to look less congested. 

I'm using light/medium for Smart Shade and I noticed it doesn't break me out, but the shade is a little weird. It matches my skin tone but seems a little gray once it dries. It would look odd if I didn't put foundation over it, but so far the Physicians Formula is great for me and masks the gray from the concealer.  

#64 WishClean

WishClean

Healthy Lifestyle Advocate

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:*Professional Editor & Writer * [Contact me for inquiries]
    movies, traveling, media studies, teaching, writing, research, integrative medicine, acupuncture, exercise, healthy lifestyle

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:14 PM

At first I loved Urban Decay's Naked foundation, but after maybe a month of use I noticed I had lots of clogged pores. You couldn't really see them unless you looked at my skin in harsh daylight super closely, but it bothered me a lot. I didn't realize that the foundation was causing my clogged pores because I didn't notice any blemishes from it right away. I stopped using it about 10 days ago and my skin does seem to look less congested. 

I'm using light/medium for Smart Shade and I noticed it doesn't break me out, but the shade is a little weird. It matches my skin tone but seems a little gray once it dries. It would look odd if I didn't put foundation over it, but so far the Physicians Formula is great for me and masks the gray from the concealer.  

Yeah, I thought so too. I read some reviews for Urban Decay and quite a few people said it broke them out. Too bad because it's free of most harsh chemicals. I'm not sure what could be irritating in the ingredients....the sephora salesgirl said it might be dimethicone, but I use another foundation with it and it doesn't break me out.

Smart Shade turned a bit gray on me too, and I think it may have clogged my pores a little. I might check out physicians formula. I tried their foundation but I couldn't find the right shade again.

Supplements: inositol, DIM, digestive enzymes [don't need them every day anymore, only on cheat days], herpanacine & vitamin C with rose hips [not every day], regular sun exposure for vitamin D3.

Lifestyle & Skin Care: Low histamine diet, avoiding unnecessary stress, balancing skin's PH (using Image Ormedics), using distilled/ filtered water to wash face, occasional high frequency facials... (although I have been slacking lately)

** Find the cause, find the cure **

#65 rlsid21

rlsid21

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Sephora Tarte BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer with Amazonian Clay is FANTASTIC and beneficial for severely acne prone skin like mine. It has a bit of a sparkle in it when you put it on as well making your skin noticeably glowy. I use Sheer Cover Mineral loose powder and concealer with the Tarte. All of these combined give great coverage that lasts all day even when I workout. I don't ever breakout with these products. Amazon clay is suppose to be healing to acne prone skin and it indeed does. It feels great in addition to looking like I came out of a facial when I wear it. Highly recommend Tarte and Sheer Cover......

Skin Regimen

AM

Clean and Clear Advantage Control Facial Wash 

Obagi-C Clarifying Serum

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer

Acanya (Benzoyl Peroxide/Clindamycin)

Skin Medica Daily Defense Sunscreen SPF 30+

PM

Clean and Clear Advantage Control Facial Wash 

Clean and Clear Toner 

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer

Tazorac 0.1% Topical Gel 

Spironolactone 150mg. once daily for hormonal breakouts

Doxycycline 100mg. every other day  

Facials every 3-4 months or as needed for maintenance 

Make-Up of choice:

Sheer Cover Loose Powder or Sephora Tarte Loose Powder

Sephora Tarte Tinted Moisturizer BB Cream with Amazonian Clay 

(Updated 2014) 

#66 skinnie

skinnie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:07 PM

I can't find makeup that covers up depressed scarring  :-\  Any reccs?

Current Regimen: 
AM: 

Olay Foaming Cleanser for Sensitive Skin 

DHC Water Base Moisture  (A LIFE SAVER for Chicago winters!!!) 

1 pumps CeraVe PM

Aczone or Tazorac (alternate days) 
Olay Age Defying Daily Lotion for Sensitive Skin, SPF15

MAC Studio Sculpt in NC42

Night 
Swipe with Neutrogena Rapid Clear Treatment Pad or Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid

Wait 30 minutes to a couple hours 

Olay foaming cleanser for sensitive skin 

DHC Water Base Moisture

1 pumps CeraVe PM

Dan's BP (every other day) - pea size

#67 vivids

vivids

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

My skin is extremely sensitive and acne prone. I used mac foundation and that was a huge mistake. Don't ever use that...it's way too thick and heavy. Right now I'm using Lancome Teint Miracle and it's perfect for me! It's 37% water and it's non-comedogenic and oil free. 

#68 klmyr04

klmyr04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

GLO Minerals light but amazing coverage buy it on Amazon.com gettthe pressed powder foundation and cream concealer if needed

#69 AmberTaylor

AmberTaylor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I would suggest you go for a mineral makeup.  This will be better for your skin.  there are many high end and low ends that you can try, you just have to find the one that works best for you.  I personally love ELF.

#70 kylenea

kylenea

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:spying, photography, voyeurism, beauty

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 AM

I've been using Lorac Natural Performance (Oil-free) for about 5 years without any problems, even without a primer. It's on the matte side, which I don't necessarily like as I'm on the drier side, but it absolutely does not break me out. I'm in the market still for a dewey foundation, and will let you know if I locate one that I don't believe is causing clogged pores.

#71 Jlee123

Jlee123

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:04 AM

If you are using bare minerals and have cystic acne stop!!!! I have had clear skin my entire life, a year and a half ago I started getting huge cystic pimples on my chin.. Why I continued to use this make up I have no idea. I figured because I used the loose powder in high school and never broke out that couldn't be the reason. I got allergy tested, stopped eating dairy gluten etc, went to 3 derms, did everything. Then finally I realized the only thing that I started doing differently when I started breaking out was using the bare minerals (not the loose powder the full coverage compact although I don't think it matters) since I stopped using it I have gotten zero cystic pimples!!! Nothing!!! Skin is clear for the first time in almost two years and healing luckily with no scars just red marks that are quickly fading, I also stopped using cerave!!! I use nuetrogena ultra gentle cleanser and cetaphil foam for oily skin if I have more make up on then normal. I'm using cover girl oil free compact (it's a light/sheer formula and doesn't make me break out) seriously.. If you were suffering from cystic acne the first thing you need to do is stop using bare minerals.....

#72 ravishkar95

ravishkar95

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 AM

Enrich Salon April offer for Bride & Groom

mbswEDcZo.jpg

#73 cherice95405

cherice95405

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

A couple of "safe" ones I have found are Priia mineral (they have a cream foundation), and Make Up Forever Face & Liquid Makeup (the other ones by Make Up Forever have pore clogging ingredients.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users