72 replies to this topic

#21 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

I like Pur Minerals, it actually makes my skin look way nicer.

#22 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Everyday minerals.
But if you MUST have a liquid, covergirl CLEAN makeup is really nice. It doesn't look super heavy on the skin.

I agreePosted Image I've been using EM powder about a year and never had any problem.

Also I tried covergirl CLEAN today, and I love it! It's light, and I don't look caky. Plus my skin stayed matt all day!

Have you tried the Clean Powder also? I LOVE IT! It sets undereye concealer so well!

#23 natalieaj03

natalieaj03

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

I think mineral powder does it, it doesnt clog up as much and it provides quite some coverage. Ppl say no makeup is best but i went makeup free for a long time, my acne didnt get better but my self. Infidence went down the drain, plus i noticed i sweat more wen i dont have makeup on. Use makeup that doesnt irritate u! We need to look as good as possible!

#24 miritextiles

miritextiles

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

I've had bad problems with closed comedone acne for 20 years. It's a catch 22 because you want to cover up the bumps, but don't want to make them worse! I started doing some research and using mineral foundations. I've had bad and good luck with them, but have definitely found a way to make good choices. Read my post:

http://practicalbohe...ral-makeup.html

I'm NOT selling anything, promise!Posted Image

#25 Rikke

Rikke

On tetracykline (antibiotics) - doin' pretty good!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Martial arts, strength training, horses, dogs, music, Japan/Japanese, random things.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

I'm still hooked on Meow Cosmetics. Minerals. Been using them for years.

#26 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

Everyday minerals.
But if you MUST have a liquid, covergirl CLEAN makeup is really nice. It doesn't look super heavy on the skin.

I agreePosted Image I've been using EM powder about a year and never had any problem.

Also I tried covergirl CLEAN today, and I love it! It's light, and I don't look caky. Plus my skin stayed matt all day!

Have you tried the Clean Powder also? I LOVE IT! It sets undereye concealer so well!

I've been thinking of buying these covergirl clean products but was wondering what sort of coverage they give. Would someone be able to let me know?

#27 fihe

fihe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I like both mineral makeup, BB creams, and light liquid foundations. I like The All Natural Face's mineral foundation, Physicians Formula airbrushing powder, Skin79 Hot Pink Label, Missha Perfect Cover, Holika Holika Petit Clearing, Cover Girl Natureluxe (though there's no /exact/ shade for my skin tone), and Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer. I've used a ton of mineral makeup brands like Everyday Minerals, Alima, Meow Cosmetics, Monavé, and Lucy Minerals, but was never able to find a perfect match. there are too many different shades! The All Natural Face also has a ton of colors but they have extensive sample kits for cheap, so I was able to find a match Posted Image just make sure with any makeup you use to clean your brushes often!

Edited by fihe, 14 July 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#28 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

Everyday minerals.

I've been thinking of buying these covergirl clean products but was wondering what sort of coverage they give. Would someone be able to let me know?

Well it's a light to medium coverage, but I have used a wet sponge and built it up to a heavier coverage if ever needed.
Hope this helps!

#29 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Well it's a light to medium coverage, but I have used a wet sponge and built it up to a heavier coverage if ever needed.
Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! :) Sounds good to me

#30 CherrySoda08

CherrySoda08

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I agree with the above poster. Make Up For Ever is an amazing brand and their concealers/foundation are well worth the money. I use their Full Cover Concealer every day and don't know what I'd do without it. It covers very well, blends great, and stays on for a long time. Not to mention it's also non-comedogenic and waterproof!

It's a bit pricey (my concealer was $30) but for how much I use it and how long it's lasted, it's definitely worth the money!

I've heard good things about Make Up Forever. Does your concealer contain any oil at all?

I like Maybelline Super Stay 24 Concealer in Ivory to cover my dark spots and blemishes (when I get them). It's oil-free, and has not caused me any problems yet! Posted Image

Also, I love to use the oil-free Physician's Formula blushes. The packaging is adorable, and the blushes themselves are super-flattering to my skin tone.

I try to stay away from powders of any kind and liquid foundations. I have not come across a single type of full-coverage makeup yet that hasn't caused my skin to get little puddles of oil on the cheeks, chin, and forehead within 45 minutes. Not attractive.

#31 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

My Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer is oil-free, waterproof and matte finish. It was basically the only way I could go out in public and feel good about myself when I had my bad breakout. Now I still use it for underneath my eyes (if I don't, everyone always tells me I look tired!) and blemishes when I get them. It's really the best concealer I've ever had.

#32 recell

recell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

GLO Minerals is a fantastic Mineral make up range which is triple milled, paraben free, chirally correct make up which helps to camouflage acne as well as not irritating Acne.

If you are unable to find it then please let me know as I am more than happy to help!

#33 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Would anyone recommend Revlon Colourstay foundation?

A lot of people seem to love this foundation for it's great coverage but I've never tried it myself.
Was wondering what anyone here thought of it for people with acne?

#34 snsdgirl14

snsdgirl14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

A lot of people seem to love this foundation for it's great coverage but I've never tried it myself.

I bought Revlon Colorstay about a month ago. I think it works very well for the price. I don't really have acne anymore, just PIH that I need to cover up, and Colorstay does the trick on my more faded marks. On the newer, fresher marks, I usually have to put a little concealer on top of the foundation. The finish is very matte and almost a bit powder-y looking, but not cakey...just a nice finish. It lasts a good while too. Also, it comes in many shades, which is great.

#35 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:beauty junkie

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I don't love it. It smells and feels like paint on my face. It does have quite decent coverage and excellent color selection. It dries super fast so blending can be difficult if you're not careful. It tends to look and feel like a mask on my skin.

For a drugstore foundation, I'd rather use Maybelline Super Stay, Neutrogena Shine Control foundation, or Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation.

#36 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I don't love it. It smells and feels like paint on my face. It does have quite decent coverage and excellent color selection. It dries super fast so blending can be difficult if you're not careful. It tends to look and feel like a mask on my skin.

For a drugstore foundation, I'd rather use Maybelline Super Stay, Neutrogena Shine Control foundation, or Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation.

Thanks for that info :) I have heard that it is quite thick so I was worried about how it would feel on the skin...
Thanks for the other product suggestions too :)

#37 ChloeHastings

ChloeHastings

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

hey!:)
I started using a new concealer and a foundation and my skin literally looks FLAWLESS with makeup even though it's far from flawless.

For concealer I use
Smooth Operator™ Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

it is $22 at sephora, and it covers acne so well, and doesn't break me out.

Over my concealer I use a Clinique Stay Matte oil free Makeup so it's longlasting and looks great on my skin :) another one o my favorites s the Makeup Forever HD foundation. However the colors are kind of weird for me.

Good Luck!

I tried it before but it broke me out and it smelled funny haha I don't like it

#38 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

^ I had been wondering about that concealer, good to know it works.
What do you ladies think of Mineral Fusion? I just bought the
pressed powder base and I'm liking it so far.

#39 ForQuestions

ForQuestions

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

I don't have blemishes anymore, but when I did I used Dermablend by Vichy. C: Hell, I still use it now if I have a little spot I want to cover. Super SUPER light, easy to take off, doesn't clog my pores, matches my skin tone perfectly. Don't even need setting powder.

#40 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:beauty junkie

Achievements

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for that info Posted Image I have heard that it is quite thick so I was worried about how it would feel on the skin...
Thanks for the other product suggestions too Posted Image

You might consider trying it though; I know lots of people who swear by it and love it dearly. I'm definitely in the minority here. I prefer a foundation that looks very natural, and I find that Revlon Colorstay doesn't give the most natural results. Flawless, yes; natural-looking, not so much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users