Photo

Limpbizkitfan's Diet Log And Acne Progress <3

ice pick red mark rosacea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 06:21 PM

So I have been dieting for a while and my acne is just getting worse. I have been eating only non-starchy, non-midnight shade, non-root vegetables and fruit. I cut out milk, dairy, grains, wheat, soy, citris fruit, tangerines, oranges, super sweet fruit, starchy vegetables, beans, legumes, root vegetables, midnight shade vegetables, salt, sea salt, spices, vinegar, fermented vegetables, corn, eggs, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, junk, fruit juice, and i only drink water.

If I don't see any improvement by Febuary, I'm just going to starve myself for a week and only drink water, cuzz idk what is causing my breakouts.

I'm also not letting my skin touch water bc of how extremely dry it is, and i don't put anything on it.

So today I ate raw vegetables for breakfast but, felt like I was gonna puke it tastes soooo bitter, so I steamed them. I steamed brocolli, asparugus, and ate raw dark leafy green vegetables. It still tasted nasty so I just forced myself to eat it. Then I felt so sick from the vegetables that I ate a banana, and that made me feel a lot better. Then I ate some grapes, and baked a banana squash with coconut oil. Then, I read online squash is starchy so I only ate a few bites of it and threw it away.

I drink about 3 liters of water a day also.

I have pimples all over my face, my upper back, middle of my back, arms, shoulders, butt, legs, and chest. I also have really tiny bumps all over my face, and small blackheads all over my nose, tiny holes in my nose, ice picks, rolling scars, red marks, you name it, and cellulite on my thighs (this makes me want to avoid fruit more) amongst other skin issues like keratosis pilaris, rosacea, moles, freckles, scars, dark circles, and visible blue veins.

Maybe I should just not eat anything at all?

Well anyways, I'm using this to keep track of what I'm eating, and how my skin is doing every single day. I will do whatever it takes to get clear, even give up food.

I have really bad skin u guys :/// Let me know any comments you have if you know anything that will help me, im trying really hard to help my skin but i am going no where.

#2 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

It sounds to me that you are going to the extreme which is not good for you or your skin. Remember, diet may or may not the root cause of your acne so if you choose to be restrictive, don't feel that you have to abandon everything at once. Dairy and gluten seem to be where a lot of people start so why not start there. Also, while you're waiting for your body to play catch up, why not look into natural or prescription topicals. It may not solve the acne but it may control it while you fix the internal cause

Good Luck!

#3 DesiAngel

DesiAngel

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Your acne may be hormonal, and diet changes probably won't make a huge impact on your acne.

But try to be healthy overall, instead of just eating food for your skin.
If you cut out dairy, how will you get sufficient calcium for your bones?
You are cutting out a lot of vegetables filled with minerals and vitamins.

Would you rather have bad skin or brittle bones and loose hair?

Healthy body>healthy skin

#4 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Your acne may be hormonal, and diet changes probably won't make a huge impact on your acne.

Easy for you to say..I'm very scared to eat dairy, and certain vegetables and meat that has been injected w hormones for fear of getting new breakouts.

All im trying to do is clear my skin...and it seems like the most difficult thing in the universe to do

It sounds to me that you are going to the extreme which is not good for you or your skin. Remember, diet may or may not the root cause of your acne so if you choose to be restrictive, don't feel that you have to abandon everything at once. Dairy and gluten seem to be where a lot of people start so why not start there. Also, while you're waiting for your body to play catch up, why not look into natural or prescription topicals. It may not solve the acne but it may control it while you fix the internal cause

Good Luck!

All i have to do is cut out dairy and gluten and be clear? I don't think so....There is a long list of food that is known to cause acne.
I can't put anything on my skin because of how severely dry it is, any drop of water will make my skin peel and form small cracks all over my face. I could not imagine what topicals would do, my whole face would probably turn bright red and irritated.

#5 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

I am probablygoing to do a water fast tommorrow but am researching a lot because I don't want to lose weight since im already really skinny. I was thinking about trying it and seeing after 3 days how much i weigh etc. and make sure i dont lose too much weight...7 days would be fine i think. And maybe 2 weeks would be fine too. Fasting seems so relaxing since eating food is just a chore.

Edited by limpbizkitfan, 23 January 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#6 Sasch83

Sasch83

Veteran Member

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

Easy for you to say..I'm very scared to eat dairy, and certain vegetables and meat that has been injected w hormones for fear of getting new breakouts.

All im trying to do is clear my skin...and it seems like the most difficult thing in the universe to do

Good Luck!

All i have to do is cut out dairy and gluten and be clear? I don't think so....There is a long list of food that is known to cause acne.
I can't put anything on my skin because of how severely dry it is, any drop of water will make my skin peel and form small cracks all over my face. I could not imagine what topicals would do, my whole face would probably turn bright red and irritated.

I'm not saying that at all. I ahve cut out Dairy and Gluten and it hasn't made one ounce of difference. All i'm saying is that from your original post, you sound absolutely miserable and frustrated (2 things that can lead to stress and of course, worsen acne). Finding what works for you is a process and you shouldn't have to suffer throught it by starving yourself. Remember, whatever solution you find, you have to be able to maintain it long term. The last time i checked - a water only diet is not sustainable. On another note, you may want to talk to someone regarding your value on looks. Saying that you're going to harm yourself for any reason, much less looks is STUPID and reflects a deeper issue (i don't mean to be harsh but suicide is not a joke and shouldn't be taken lightly). Get help now -life is worth living, with or without acne and with so many people going through their own personal hell all over the world includng the US (homelessness, disability, jobless, starvation, incurable disease), we should all be greatful that we have resources to help us deal with something as simple as our skin.

#7 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Ok so today i had 4 bananas, a salad made up of shredded iceberg lettuce, shredded carrots, and red cabbage with EVOO, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice.

I only ate the bannanas because I was hungry and the avocados were not ripe yet. Tommorrow I will eat one avocado a day to replace the bananas, because who knows...maybe bananas will break me out.

I haven't gotten any new breakouts today. I am also using jojoba oil and not showering. Hopefully if I don't shower long enough my skin will start to produce oil again.

#8 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:04 PM

Day 2
and still no new pimples.
I just finished eating a large salad of shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, lemon, EVOO, and pepper. Tonight I will have one avocado for extra calories.

Edit:
A lot of my zits and beginning to become very dry already. I can see them falling off within a week or 2.
Will update to see if I get new breakoutts

Edited by limpbizkitfan, 23 January 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#9 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

So I have been dieting for a while and my acne is just getting worse. I have been eating only non-starchy, non-midnight shade, non-root vegetables and fruit. I cut out milk, dairy, grains, wheat, soy, citris fruit, tangerines, oranges, super sweet fruit, starchy vegetables, beans, legumes, root vegetables, midnight shade vegetables, salt, sea salt, spices, vinegar, fermented vegetables, corn, eggs, meat, fish, nuts, seeds, junk, fruit juice, and i only drink water.

If I don't see any improvement by Febuary, I'm just going to starve myself for a week and only drink water, cuzz idk what is causing my breakouts.
I have really bad skin u guys :/// Let me know any comments you have if you know anything that will help me, im trying really hard to help my skin but i am going no where.

It looks like diet just isn't the cause of your acne. You already cut out too much food from your diet. Why can't you at least have some fish? The one reason I haven't tried dieting is because it might not even work. I'm kind of distracted by everyone on here saying that dieting or avoiding certain foods cures their acne, but some people just don't have any problems digesting food. I have been trying to clear my skin by improving my digestion, but I can't tell if it's working.

Maybe you should focus on something else besides dieting, like insulin resistance, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, etc. Have you tried any supplements? Zinc works pretty well, and taurine helps me a little.

#10 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

It looks like diet just isn't the cause of your acne. You already cut out too much food from your diet. Why can't you at least have some fish? The one reason I haven't tried dieting is because it might not even work. I'm kind of distracted by everyone on here saying that dieting or avoiding certain foods cures their acne, but some people just don't have any problems digesting food. I have been trying to clear my skin by improving my digestion, but I can't tell if it's working.

Maybe you should focus on something else besides dieting, like insulin resistance, nutrient deficiencies, hormonal imbalance, etc. Have you tried any supplements? Zinc works pretty well, and taurine helps me a little.

Yeahhh, I am planning on buying zinc in the future when I have money. But, I changed my diet up and decided to go hard with a super restriction diet of basically rabbit food and I noticed the breakouts stopped. So, although my diet may have seemed healthy before, there was something in my diet that I was intollerant to that was causing all my breakouts. So im just going to wait til all my acne goes away to start testing a new food week by week.

Maybe it was the kefir i was drinking, maybe it was the charred vegetables, maybe it was the coconut oil, I don't know...but I will find out with this restriction diet.

Also, today I am going to note I had some bananas because I was hungry. And some ripe avocados. The avocados fill me up very well so I will eat more of those to replace the bananas since I don't know if bananas will cause acne for me. Luckily, I only ate a few.

The next following days I will continue to eat just shredded cabbage, red cabbage, shredded carrots, lemon, EVOO, pepper, and avocado with NO bananas. And 2-3 Liters of water.

No new acne, let's see if anything pops up tommorrow morning......

Also, tonight I am going to start putting coconut oil on my face instead of jojoba oil since I ran out...lets see if this affects my acne or not.

#11 ChrisTOPHER1992

ChrisTOPHER1992

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Limpbizkitfan--

What was your diet like before you decided to do this diet fast? I too, found that changing diet simply wasn't enough, as many others have found. However, those that do find diet to work well enough for them usually can expect new breakouts when they cheat. It's due to insulin resistance, which can be an effect of imbalanced intestinal flora. I won't go into the whole thing on here, there's just too much information, but I started a post called Cinnamon-Why it can cure acne. Tons of information and analyzing from myself and others. Check it out!
Anyway, the supplements I recommend are enteric coated probiotics, and Cinnamon Cassia. Basically, once an imbalance occurs, toxins and bad bacteria can get into the bloodstream, blocking important hormones from binding to receptors, causing insulin resistance (which leads to excess insulin to help metabolize blood sugar, which can cause excess oil and/or cause the skin to shed cells much faster). Unlike probiotics, which can't enter the bloodstream, cinnamon can and will help overcome this due to its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities. Probiotics are just a boost to help in the intestine, but the reason it should be enteric coated is so the stomach acid doesn't kill it.

Another simple quick thing I found is that imbalances can cause all kinds of immunity problems and food intolerances, so the imbalance of intestinal flora could explain why there are "so many different causes of acne".

Congrats on finally stopping the acne, just know that even the healthiest diet could possibly still be a temporary fix!

Saturine--We don't have to get calcium from dairy sources, and in fact they've found many countries who have very low or no dairy consumption have stronger bones, less fractures etc. Our dairy products in this country are too messed up due to growing population and companies always trying to make products cheaper to help with demand. For instance, many cows are injected with hormones and antibiotics as Limpbizkitfan said, but there are cow farms that are raised completely on corn, rather than grass. This changes dairy AND meat considerably, given that the milk won't have the same omega-3's it should have, extra hormones and antibiotics are simply bad for us, and corn is a downright terrible source of food. High fructose corn syrup is the reason hardly anything in stores today is healthy, unless you find an organic health food store, which are growing insanely fast due to the recent knowledge of all of these things and their effects on our bodies.

Even if you find organic dairy products, they should be consumed rarely.

#12 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:11 PM

^^ Yeah, I'm aware that this is going to be a temporary fix but it will help me a lot to find out exactly what foods will break me out. Thanks for all the information though..you seem like you know a lot about this kind of stuff.

So the coconut oil ran into my eyes and made my eyes blood shot red the next day. I will not be using it again. My skin is still dry from using it so it didn't do a good job moisturizing. Jojoba oil and coconut oil are both very runy and don't moisturize enough so thats y i dont like them. The only thing good about them is that they dont break you out.

Today I'm gonna try out vaseline to see if that makmes my skin break out. It's good at moisturizing though and it doesn't run into my eyes so I'm just hoping it won't break me out, if it doesn't it would b the perfecttt moisturizer.

I'm still on my restriction diet, no new pimples yet and the old ones are starting to dry up and flatten. I haven't noticed any new body breakouts either. I am just noticing the old breakouts drying up and flattening.

Yayyy i t's workinggg..no new breakouts!!!

ChrisTOPHER1992: To answer your questipon, before the diet fast I was eating baked vegetables w/ coconut oil, a wide variety of fruit, and a lot of kefir and water. and i was still breaking out during that time.
I have a hint that it could have been the kefir.

#13 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Brb, just washed of the vaseline I put on my face with coconut oil and water, I was too scared the vaseline would break me out. Today, I will just go out n get jojoba oil and apply it everyday and try not to get it in my eyes.
I still haven't showered and my skin is still quite dry. I decided from now on, anytime I do take a shower, I will avoid hot water and just use lukewarm then rinse with cold/cool water. I find that hot water makes my skin insanely dry.

#14 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

OMG I just looked in the mirror and have one new pimple on my upper back. It MUST have been from the bananas I ate earlier. Today I finally gave up the bananas.

All I ate today was 1 avocado, and 1 packet of blueberries.

I felt like I was cheating. lmao I can't believe I feel like I'm going off my diet when I eat blueberries. It makes me kind of depressed that I can't eat bananas anymore, like really, bananas?!! A fucking fruit. Geez I wonder how F'ed up my system is for not letting me eat a friggn banana. What's next, maybe I'm going to be intollerant to lettuce hahahaaa.

#15 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

I just ate 1 papaya, one asian pear, and baked carrots, baked brocolli cooked through with coconut oil in the oven.
I drank alottttt of water today. I'm gonna keep on drinking even more.

I recently read about eating disorders and how they can cause brittle bones so it scared me away from the whole restricted diet thing.
I also read about zinc deficiency and how it can cause acne...so I'm gonna someday go out and buy zinc and see if it clears up my acne. I might have a zinc deficiency because I read zinc mostly comes from red meat and poultry, something I rarely ever eat.

But my diet right now is going to be organic organ meat, chicken, buffalo, red meat, baked vegetables with coconut oil. Boiled greens and sunflower seeds. Very little fruit. No citrus fruit, no midnight shades, no starch, wheat, grains, or dairy.

#16 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:22 AM

One closed comodone just turned into a pimple. this is sooo frustrating. all my closed comodones keep turning into pimples. I think i should just starve myself for 1-2 weeks to get clear. this is soo frustrating.. i randomly cried the whole day today. And after the fast i will just eat steamed, baked, or boiled veggies, organic meat, SOME fruit, SOME sunflower seeds. And that's it.

#17 Chestercool

Chestercool

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:31 AM

hi there! checking your log a little bit, i can notice theres a huge lack of protein. You should start eating all kind of meats, specially fish and seafood. I dont see any omega 3 in your diet, just vegetables and some fruits, there are many supplements and healthy additives, such as cinnamon which regulate blood sugars by 15-20%.

how was your diet before? remember, its about time....every body is different, you'll find the diet, if you want to see my ups and downs check my log. To me, it took around 2 months to start seeing less inflammed breakouts, if i hadnt had these red marks, i'd say im acne free

#18 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

hi there! checking your log a little bit, i can notice theres a huge lack of protein. You should start eating all kind of meats, specially fish and seafood. I dont see any omega 3 in your diet, just vegetables and some fruits, there are many supplements and healthy additives, such as cinnamon which regulate blood sugars by 15-20%.

how was your diet before? remember, its about time....every body is different, you'll find the diet, if you want to see my ups and downs check my log. To me, it took around 2 months to start seeing less inflammed breakouts, if i hadnt had these red marks, i'd say im acne free

Before I ate cereal, sandwhiches, and pasta.

I know, I am gonna go out and buy some already made meat today because I am lacking all the nutrition from meat. But I am scared of getting breakouts from it.
I want to get cinamon, and start taking vitamins that ppl on here recommend so I decided to sell all my clothes for money since my parents don't want to buy me healthy stuff, and I dnt have a job. My Doctor told me omega-3 is good for acne...so I will buy flaxseeds once I have money since I'm afraid fish might be too high in iodine n break me out.

But I did lower how much fruit I eat, and starting eating baked vegetables with coconut oil again to get some nutrients from veggies.
If I eat fish it would probably be oysters or clams bc they seem to be really nutritious esp. in vitamin B12.

I am just really scared of getting acne cuzz it leaves red marks every new pimple i get ://
And I'm missing out on life the longer I have acne..

What I ate alst night:
Last night I ate raisings, and scrambled eggs cooked in coconut oil, seasoned with black pepper.

#19 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

I want to get cinamon, and start taking vitamins that ppl on here recommend so I decided to sell all my clothes for money since my parents don't want to buy me healthy stuff, and I dnt have a job. My Doctor told me omega-3 is good for acne...so I will buy flaxseeds once I have money since I'm afraid fish might be too high in iodine n break me out.

Be careful with the oil supplements. Fish oil and flaxseed oil are both known to break out a lot of people. And maybe you shouldn't listen to a doctor about acne, unless they really know what they are talking about. I'm pretty sure extra virgin olive oil doesn't break people out, and I think coconut oil is good too.

#20 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

^^^ Yes I just read up about that this morning so I decided not to get any fish oils or flaxseeds. I nstead, I just bought 30mg of Zinc, I might be defficient in zinc because i rarely eat poultry, and never eat dairy.
I might need to take vitamin D suppliments too because I'm never in the sun. I still have a lot of research to do on vitamins & suppliments to make sure I don't take anything I'm not defficient in......only gonna take the neccessary vitamins. Cuzz I do not want to mess up my body chemistry.

So for the past few days I have been eating eggs. I have experienced no new breakouts yet. I also ate raisins for the past few days and still have not noticed any new brekaouts.