birth control cystic acne ortho

3 replies to this topic

#1 kpadil

kpadil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:44 PM

About two years ago my doctor but me on Ortho-Triciclyne Lo birth control and my skin had a positive reaction I never broke out, it was smooth and it became 100% clear. Best time of my life. Prior to taking bc I broke out regularly. I recently started breaking out all over again, with large cysts. EVERY DAY a new cyst appears. I don't understand, the birth control once kept my skin clear and now my acne is back with a vengeance. Has this happened to anyone? Im using the same skin routine im not doing anything differently than I did back then.
Any suggestions, I'm falling apart here.

#2 dcarver

dcarver

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Endocrinology, Toxicology, Physiology, and Environmental Science

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

Did you have normal periods before taking the pill, is you weight within normal range, have you ever experienced infertility, or do you have hirsuitism (facial hair in women?) Also what is your age?

#3 kpadil

kpadil

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Did you have normal periods before taking the pill, is you weight within normal range, have you ever experienced infertility, or do you have hirsuitism (facial hair in women?) Also what is your age?

I am 18, no facial hair, underweight, and irregular periods before getting on the pill. Infertility is a possibility. Have had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for over two years. no pregnancy whatsoever. Haven't looked into it.

#4 dcarver

dcarver

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Endocrinology, Toxicology, Physiology, and Environmental Science

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Unprotected sex for over two years without pregnancy would be classified as infertility. Many women with PCOS are not overweight, do you have pelvic pain about 12-14 days after the first day of your period? I'm not telling you what to do, but a doctor could run a hormone panel and check levels of LH, FSH, estrodial, esterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, free testosterone, etc... Both adrenal and ovarian abnormalites can cause menstrual irregularities. My point is this, if there is a hormone imbalance your doctor would be able to precribe the correct treatment and get to the root of the problem possibly minimizing acne as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users