2 replies to this topic

#1 somegirl0106

somegirl0106

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

I got my hormones tested and they said I had elevated testosterone levels. I've had acne all over my mouth, chin, jaw area for almost a year now. I've tried OTC products, prescritpion creams, doxycycline. none of it worked or even made a bit of difference. So I made an appointment with my gynecologist to prescribe me birth control. She asked what kind I wanted and I said whatever works best for getting rid of acne so she prescribed me natazia. I searched this website and couldn't find any info on it. I searched google and only found a couple pages of reviews on webmd and some other websites most people said it caused them to have horrible acne. I'm not sure if these people had acne to begin with or not, but I'm just worried because I haven't found one review where a person said it made their acne better and I'm gonna have to be on it a full 6 months. Does anyone have any info on it?

#2 alias683

alias683

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

I've been trying to look it up for you, and all I can find is that it's one of Bayer's new birth controls, and it has a slightly different estrogen and progesterone component in it. It didn't said anything about acne. Why'd she give you that, instead of Yaz/Yasmin or Ortho-tri-cyclen/ OTC lo?

I also imagine it would be more expensive becuase it was just released in 2010.

Edited by alias683, 21 January 2012 - 10:42 AM.

"We all deal with being unfairly judged."

Completed Accutane: 1/2009: http://www.acne.org/...the-first-time/
4 months on 40mg
2 months on 60mg

Clear until 7/2011.

Current regimen:
AM:
75mg Spironolactone
WF Double Strength Probiotics
Daily cetaphil wash
CeraVe Day cream with SPF
MAC concealer
MUFE Make-up

Afternoon/Evening (pre/post-workout0:
Cetaphil/CeraVe before and after

PM:
100mg Doxy
WF Double Strength Probiotics
Zinc Picolinate 50mg
Daily Cetaphil Wash

CeraVe lotion
Tazorac 0.1%
(Exfoliate 1-2x a week, Sulfur mask 1-2x a week)

#3 autumn-leaf

autumn-leaf

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

This may be a litte late, but I could find some infos on this pill. In other states, it is called "Qlaira". And it is supposed to have "more natural" oestrogenes than older bcpills. The other hormone is dienogest, which is, I believe, also in pills like vallette, lafamme, or visanne. Maybe you heard of these? Here where I live for example, vallette is the most commonly used pill for acne. I took it, too, but my acne got worse while being on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users