vitamin d folic acid calcium magnesium zinc gluten makeup

1 reply to this topic

#1 chelslaw

chelslaw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

so this is the first time ive posted here even though ive been reading posts here for almost a year now

my forehead, nose, cheeks, upperlip are all clear. maybe an occasional small whitehead. my chin? its a mess at times.

i would call it mild (maybe 5-6 zits) but they are persistent and inflamed. My chin is rarely clear.

i get one cyst a month. maybe im using the wrong term. i know cysts are 5mm- this is smalled. but its like a tiny pea is stuck under my skin and its red and inflamed.

i do what wynne says and ice, take ibuprofen and dont touch it. i do use tea tree oil on it twice daily (as i do with the rest of my pimples) i have benzaclin cream from the dr (antibiotic BP) for spot treatment and i do use that too.

i cannot figure out why i get these inflamed zits, only on my chin, and keep on getting a "cyst" (or nodule maybe i should call it) every month.
  • ive been very low dairy for about 4 weeks
  • and almost no gluten at all for 2 weeks (and plan to keep going and only consume gluten 1 day a week)
  • i drink nothing but water and green/white teas
  • exercise 3-4 times a week (training for a triathlon)
  • take omega 3 (2 daily) vitamin d (3 daily) calcium/magnesium/zinc, folic acid, b12,6,9 and acedopihilis
  • i spot conceal my pimples maybe 2 or 3 times a week for a couple of hours when i go out (i work from home) so no makeup otherwise
  • all my products are paraben free (hair, makeup, skincare, soaps)
  • i wash my face in the AM and PM with origins cleanser (which has absolutely nothing in it- havent had luck with medicated cleanser)
  • i use a paraben free, frangrance free, oil free lotion with spf twice daily
  • spot treat with the benzaclin and tea tree oil
Any ideas? This has been going on for a couple of years now. Maybe 3. I had bad skin as an early teen, then it cleared up for about 4 years, then in my early 20s this started again. My skin is better in the summertime too.

#2 simi531

simi531

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:52 AM

UGH...that it where i am at too. Right now i am down to one scabby looking sort of inflamed thing on my chin. I have one other healing scab on my chin, but it is not inflamed so hopefully it wont fill back up again. The rest of my face is clear too. I try and pop these things, but it rarely works or goes well. It is just that I cant take the pressure and pain and the way the swelling looks! So anyway, I have just started a regimen of probiotics and vitamins to see how it goes. The only thing that has helped me in the past is the antibiotic keflex. I think it is sort of off label to use for acne, but my chin had gotten so bad and infected that the derm finally just said that this antibiotic is in fact for skin infections and to take it for a month. I have been on and off that a few times. It made me a little tired and did upset my stomach a little, but nothing like tetracycline. It also works fast! Other than that, you could look into getting cortisone injections from the dr. They sometimes can leave holes in your skin, but I get big holes in my chin from these cyst type things anyway. If I dont pop them they dont go away. if I do pop them I get a scar. what a pain! Anyway, I would talk to a dermatologist about maybe getting an antibiotic if possible. The only other thing over the counter is the Mario Badescu Buffering Lotion. It is made specifically for cysts. Helps a lot! Keep us posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users