Photo

Oily Skin Since Teens - 44 Years Old Now - Finally Found Solution?

seban oily oily skin

4 replies to this topic

#1 Brian in Canada

Brian in Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

Ever since I was a teenager I had very oily skin and consistent acne breakouts. I finally got the acne under control using the BP product sold through this website. That was a huge relief because I was getting discouraged after living with acne for so many years. Perhaps it wasn't as noticeable to me at the time because the acne took precedence, but then I got fixated by how incredibly oily my face was. People often asked me if I was hot because it looked like I was sweating. To avoid embarassement, I told them I was. The breaking point was seeing a photo of myself and noticing that my entire face looked like it was covered in baby oil - it was so shiny - all over my whole face!

So I visited acne.org looking for something that might work. Someone posted that Seban by Cooperlabs worked so well they were surprised that more people didn't use it. So, I thought I'd order some and give it a try.

It's been a week now that I've been using it, and I am pleasantly surprised! Did it get rid of all my oil? No - but now it's manageable. It keeps the oil at bay for my workday. I used to use wash my face at work several times a day. Half-way through my day, my face has zero shine. At the end of the day, the shine is just starting to come back, but nothing like it used to be.

I'll continue looking for that elusive "cure", but if I never find it, I am very satisfied with the results achieved with this product. Only down side is that it can only be ordered online - and shipping to Canada is quite expensive, so in the future I'll order multiple bottles. Next time I go to the pharmacy I will ask if it's something that can be purchased here, or if they can mix something here with the same ingredients.

#2 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:27 PM

the 2nd igredient is alcohol, which is not good.

Those with oily skin should avoid high amounts of the problematic types of alcohol mentioned above. These types of alcohol show up in numerous products aimed at oily or acne-prone skin. The problem? In addition to alcohol's other detrimental effects, it can stimulate nerve endings in the skin, causing inflammation that encourage excess oil production at the base of the pore,

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/53/alcohol.aspx
Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#3 Brian in Canada

Brian in Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

Perhaps, but it's hard to argue with success. I agree that one should avoid "high amounts" of alcohol-based products, but this is such a small amount that I'm using each day. And if it works better than anything I've tried, including Retin-A cream. I've come to the conclusion that some things work wonders for some but do nothing for others. If it works - run with it.

#4 spotsofbother

spotsofbother

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

thanks for sharing!

my partner uses BP 10 but i have got slack with my routine 'cause i thought nothing worked so gave up. i think i might give it another try...

#5 jennyhugh

jennyhugh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

Its good that you have found the solution..I would also like to suggest you to use some herbal or home made products for curing acne.

You can use aloevera gel..it has proven to be very helpful in curing acne.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users