Photo

Hormonal Acne Help Please :)

mild hormonal natrual

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 emmylouwho

emmylouwho

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hello,
I'm hoping that someone can help me out with my hormonal acne attacks. I have very mild acne, but around that time of the month, I get a few larger, painful red bumps, usually around my chin and recently my jaw line. I'm almost certain this is hormonal. Does anyone have anything I can do to help with this? I'm not really willing to try hormonal birth control, because I don't want to mess with my body. Thank you!

#2 EWWpimples

EWWpimples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi I have hormonal acne too. The only thing I can really suggest to you is to go to a dermatologist. I went about two years ago with small pimples in my chin area (not a massive amount but enough and i always had at least 2 or 3 usually more) and my derm told me that it was hormonal. So he prescribed me some type of antibiotic(not sure what) to clear my skin along with some cream, and which cleared all the pimples i had almost immediately, but it didn't really stop them from coming so then he prescribed me spiro and it completely cleared me up! I mean completely. So then when I went back a few months later for a refill on my prescrip, my doctor was sick that day, so i saw a different derm, and she took me off of spiro saying that my face was clear and i shouldn't be on it for too long. So i went off and my face was almost perfect for almost two years. Now i still get pimples, but it's to such a lesser extent than what I used to. Now all I take is a vitamin prescribed from a derm, but my face was basically clear even before i was on the vitamin. So i'm not sure if my hormones are starting to balance out or if spiro had something to do with it.

#3 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

It was crimson, like a drop of blood.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

All acne is hormonal!!

#4 soysauce

soysauce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:55 PM

All acne is hormonal!!

Incorrect

#5 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

All acne is hormonal!!

Incorrect

Please give me an example of why a person would get non-hormonal acne.

Edited by DarkDragoon, 19 January 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#6 soysauce

soysauce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:15 PM

All acne is hormonal!!

Incorrect

Diet, the list goes on do a little research.

All acne is hormonal!!

Incorrect

#7 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:23 PM

And do you know the reason why diet can effect acne? Becuase the wrong foods can cause surges in androgenic hormones. Also, your diet can impact whether or not your lver is functioning optimally, and your liver is what deactivates unused and excess hormones from your blood, letting you digest them normally. If your liver is not functioning optimally, due to poor diet, these unused hormones can build up and overwhelm your bloodstream, causing, as I'm sure you know, your sebacious glands to produce excess sebum and cause you acne.

#8 soysauce

soysauce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:52 PM

And do you know the reason why diet can effect acne? Becuase the wrong foods can cause surges in androgenic hormones. Also, your diet can impact whether or not your lver is functioning optimally, and your liver is what deactivates unused and excess hormones from your blood, letting you digest them normally. If your liver is not functioning optimally, due to poor diet, these unused hormones can build up and overwhelm your bloodstream, causing, as I'm sure you know, your sebacious glands to produce excess sebum and cause you acne.

From what my doctor tells me, I have an allergic reaction to soy. I've done many tests to check my hormones and their all in check. My diet is awesome, but soy is very hard to avoid. It's impossible to say all acne is hormonal. Well, that's what my dr tells me. But he wouldn't know any better

#9 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Your doctor told you that you have acne from a soy allergy?

#10 soysauce

soysauce

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

Yup, that's what my blood tells him

#11 TronRog

TronRog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

The member "DarkDragoon' is telling you the truth. The cause of your hormonal imbalance is due to the diet you eat.

You are not allergic to soy, but it is what they put to make "soy sauce". As soy sauce actually contains the hugest amount of a poisonous chemical called: MSG (Monosodium Glutamate).

I used to have the same problem as your and doctors all over kept on telling that it does not have anything to do with food, but they were all wrong.

Here: http://www.acne.org/...the-acne-maker/

Read my thread and see for yourself how completely avoiding food with "MSG" ingrediant will improve your hormones and oil secretion wihing only the next 2-3 days.

Trust me. Posted Image

Good luck

TronRog,

Edited by TronRog, 22 January 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#12 TronRog

TronRog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

^ Actually the member "soysause" proved the point of what I said in my thread. MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) is the cause of acne for most teens and adults out there.

Glad to know that.. hehe

Edited by TronRog, 23 January 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#13 DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:03 PM

I don't think MSG is the single cause of anyone's acne, or there would be a lot more people with acne. But it certainly will contribute, it's very bad for you and your liver has to go into overdrive to deal with it, same goes for many crap foods, like anything fried in vegetable oil. That is complete poison.

#14 TronRog

TronRog

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:48 AM

^ But don't forget that not all fingers are same. People's body durability may vary from person to person. And also the dosage of how much MSG we intake can effect the severity. Like many people complain that MSG gives them migraine and headaches but back before when I used to eat anything with MSG I did't get any of these side effect. However my mom instead get headache problems whenever she eats food containing MSG.

I on the other side become hyperactive and all the acne related problems. And for lab mice it actually makes them fat and obese. :S

And yes, crap foods are bad because all of them contain MSG or the hidden name of MSG along with other chemicals which will indeed will make our diet a complete poison.