small bumps bacne diet exfoliation eucerin pus gluten

2 replies to this topic

#1 MyraMei

MyraMei

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Well first off this is my first post here but I've lurked these boards for a few years off and on. I first started getting severe cystic acne as well as clustered pustules when I was around 13-14. Now at 21, and a much healthier me, I now only deal with the occasional cystic acne (like once to twice a year) and very mild acne. Err, up until a few months ago at least. I'm having quite a bit of difficultly with my face lately due to some.... unintentional diet change. The brownies at the restaurant I work at are delicious, but full of milk and gluten, the salads are great but they are even better with steak. Just bad eating habits come back to haunt me and my 6 lbs weight gain, although praised by my doctor, is not making me any more secure in my appearance than this new acne break outs.

So I'm going back to my regular eating habits (all veggies all the time, no red meat, no dairy because I'm lactose intolerant anyways, reducing bread intake). I've eaten like that for about 3-4 yrs and have seen my acne dramatically improve and it was just maintenance. Now it's like I'm starting all over again. x.x eeps. How will I ever resist the urge to eat pizza T_T

Firstly, I have a developing cystic acne on my chin. It hurts like hell but I can't really do much about that I learned over the years. Secondly, and the thing that really bothers the hell out of me is that my entire face (excluding my nose for the most part) is covered in flesh colored bumps. And thirdly, I'm starting to develop papules and pustules around my jaw area.

I haven't used an exfoliant in over 2 years (other than the rare sugar scrub when my face gets dry) but I noticed that the fleshy bumps have gotten worse over the last few weeks due to cold weather drying out my skin.

I'm looking for something I can find readily, not order on line. Also not looking for something with harsh chemicals. I got off proactive and never looked back, not even when my acne came back with a vengeance. I don't want my face feeling thin and worn out from any sort of acids. Natural as possible things. If Eucerin has a scrub of some sort that I don't know about I will jump on it. Eucerin has never done mama wrong.

Right now I wash morning and night with Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser and moisturize with Eucerin Q10 Anti-wrinkle. Even with that I still have flakiness that even my sugar scrub didn't solve. I know these stupid bumps are just getting worse because I'm not exfoliating regularly while my body is punishing me for eating badly.

Also, I have even developed bacne for the first time in my life. It's slowly clearing up since I've been forcing my roomate to lotion my back up for me every night (of course with the original Eucerin lotion, can you tell I'm an addict?) but it hurts and itches and is scarring! Does anyone have any sort of simple-ish recommendation for that. It's not super bad on my right side but on my left shoulder I have raised purple/red bumps and several pustules. It's gross. It might be an issue with my bra straps since it's only developed on my shoulders so far, but I couldn't think of why suddenly this would happen when I haven't changed anything. Same brand, same detergent, same fabric softener, same static sheets. So yeah enough of my long winded post. Bring on the suggestions!

ps. I probably sucked at describing the bacne, if a picture is need I can try to attempt a picture.

Edited by MyraMei, 17 January 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#2 limpbizkitfan

limpbizkitfan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Staying home all day and going on acne.org researching about what will cure acne. && LIMP!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Eat a super super clean diet, I don't exfoliate my body with products...I just use a loofa in the shower and rub my hands firmly across my skin back and forth, and it really gets all the dead skin cells off that way.

I don't think you should be looking @ products, just find out how to balance your hormones with food...are u avoiding wheat, soy, dairy, and grains? If not, then I think your diet could be a lil better

#3 MyraMei

MyraMei

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

i was pretty much a pescatarian for almost 2 years. I don't eat very much soy, soy sauce occasionally and tofu maybe a couple times a month. I can't eat dairy without camping out in the bathroom for a few days anyways so i avoid that. I only eat whole grains and brown rice. I just kind of took a left turn for the worse when i started working at a restaurant. I'm back on my regular no meat/dairy/little to none gluten diet i was on for years as of a few weeks ago so my diet is back to being pretty squeaky clean. But even with a good diet I do tend to get these bumps in the winter time, this year its just worse and it's bothering me. So you think i should just steer clear of products? It is such a terrible road to go down especially since i have sensitive skin...

I use a loofa in the shower every time even on my back and it doesn't seem to help at all. I was mainly wondering if a body scrub would help or make it worse. Today my back isnt as inflamed (but i haven't worn a bra all day either...) so i was thinking maybe i should try a sugar/honey/evoo scrub that i normally do on my legs on my back. I dunno, just kind of frustrated. I used to model when my skin was clear and I would always get compliments on how clear my back was especially since I had long hair. Now, my back looks like someone took a marker and drew spots all over >.>; Rawr. I guess I have to just let my body detox from the delicious junk from work.

ps. I know why I'm breaking out on my jaw now. I just started my lady cycle today xD should have known!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users