Photo

If You Have Had Blackheads All Over Your Nose And Have Actually Succeeded In Significantly Reducing The Amount, Could You Vouch By Replying?

blackheads green tea aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 Miracle1234

Miracle1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

My 8 year quest to discover the proper way to remove blackheads (and at this point I know dramatic changes can only happen long term) has yielded no successful results lol.

So I would really appreciate if I could just hear of at least one individual in this community who really was able to remove most of their blackheads (my nose looks like a stippling project that I did in art class while I was a kid), and how..

Thank you so much Posted Image

Note: Oh yeah, so my skincare regimen is;

-Cleanse once every night with st ives green tea
-exfoliate once a week with st ives apricot blackhead scrub
-inconsistent with the oil eliminating neutrogena toner but I've been on and off with it
-aveeno nightcream moistruizer
-eye cream
-biore pore strips on and off (they're so expensive and I hear mixed reviews) They take away some but I mean it obviously isn't doing for the long term haha

I'm 19 and have finally found a regimen that works, fairly well, my skins clear for the most part, it's just these dang blackheads hahah

Edited by Miracle1234, 16 January 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#2 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:29 AM

are you blackheads all the same size? and have you tried steaming your face? this opens up the pores very well

#3 The Darkest Cloud

The Darkest Cloud

|TheComeUp|

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

What I use for blackheads on my nose (only place I have them) is toothbrush exfoliation once a day on my nose. Google it and youtube it. You'll get some opinions and tutorials on it. One tip though, regardless if they say use a battery toothbrush, use a manual toothbrush. Good luck :)

#4 wll37

wll37

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

I also struggled with the blackheads. Have you considered using clay mask,like Aztec? Some people said it work. I'm afraid that aztec will make acne worse since they draw out impurities. I used Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser and Mask from my usual face wash. I was wrong, it didn't clean the blackheads and I broke out. When I first visited my derm, she gave me an option to do PPX (some kind of laser treatment). I did and the result is amazing. Blackhead and whitehead all cleared plus my skin look cleared after 3 days. the downside: PPX is really expensive.

#5 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Aztec is a waste of money, did nothing for my pores and blackheads.

#6 Ice_princess83

Ice_princess83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

Blackheads like acne is an ongoing thing so what you do daily matters i suppose. I did a professional microdermabrasion and got my nose all smooth and clean. Then i maintained it with a daily BHA exfoliator to unclog the pores regularly. It has work really well so far. Oh and wash your face with a gentle soap and a washcloth.

Edited by Ice_princess83, 21 January 2012 - 05:14 AM.

#7 Lange

Lange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:28 AM

I'm trying SA on it, I'll let you know how it goes.

#8 AlexLWJ

AlexLWJ

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

I have been using PC's 2% BHA and trust me, my blackheads improved SO MUCH.
I am like you guys who actually BRAGS how much blackheads he/she has. Tried scrubs, pore strips, BP but none work as good as BHA.

One thing I need to inform is that I will squeeze out all my blackheads first then apply the BHA.
Before I start on my BHA, blackheads on nose comes back 3-4 days after squeezing them out.
After starting BHA, my blackheads still comes back BUT LONGER AND AT A LESSER AMOUNT and THEY ARE SO FREAKING EASILY EXTRACTED.
I just went to check on the mirror and my nose has never been cleaner!!!!!!

I only incorporated BHA into my regime 3weeks back, it might take sometime to see a result. You might noticed you have more blackheads first which happened to me but after squeezing them out and applying BHA religiously, you will notice the difference.

Although the result isn't stupendous, but it helped my severe strawberry nose ALOT.

Edited by AlexLWJ, 05 February 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#9 Miracle1234

Miracle1234

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Wow so much information! Okay guys I really appreciate it :)

Oh and my blackheads are generally all the same size, all small

#10 kimisj

kimisj

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

I have also used Paula's Choice 2 % BHA Liquid and it helped and does still help but my nose and the area surrounding it still look horrible. :( I am sooo desperate and I feel your pain!!! I'd advise you to NOT use a manual exfoliator as it won't reach the pore where all of this stuff happens..try a BHA (penetrates pores) instead. Also, try a milder cleanser as harsh products trigger oil production. I like Olays Foaming one for sensitive skin and CeraVe's Foaming Cleanser..Paula's Skin Balancing Cleanser is really nice too! :) I'd love to hear something that REALLY WORKS too!! <3

*looking, I am sorry I forgot to put the ing ;)

#11 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:54 PM

Has anyone had success using an aspirin mask for this problem? If so, scrub gently with it or use it as a mask? Thanks.

#12 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

I actually tried the Elmer's Glue method for the blackheads on my nose and I was SO surprised that i worked. Just soften the skin by putting a warm compress on the area, apply the Elmer's Glue and when dry peel it off. I think I like this better than squeezing.

Blackheads like acne is an ongoing thing so what you do daily matters i suppose. I did a professional microdermabrasion and got my nose all smooth and clean. Then i maintained it with a daily BHA exfoliator to unclog the pores regularly. It has work really well so far. Oh and wash your face with a gentle soap and a washcloth.

ice_princess83 - Which BHA exfoliator do you use to maintain the results of the microdermabrasion? And could you describe what the microdermabrasion process entailed and the cost, if you're comfortable sharing.

#13 Ice_princess83

Ice_princess83

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

Hi Gingergirl,
Umm...microdermabrasion usually cost between 40 to 50 GBP per session. Its recommended to go for it monthly, but i dont think its necessary at all if you're doing enough to maintain your skin. Its relatively painless...your face is cleansed and then a machine with embedded crystals is used to exfoliate your skin. So basically, the fast moving crystals slough off the superficial layers of skin, leaving it super smooth. I know it sounds painful..but its not at all. But you have to remember to avoid the sun because the new skin resurfaced might be a little sensitive. (Oh and a word of caution...do not try this if you have active acne)

As for BHA, i use Paula's Choice, Amazing stuff...keeps the pores clear. I also use retinol cream on alternate days. Hope this helps :)

#14 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

Micro didnt work for me, waste of money....Im using Manuka Honey and raw brown sugar as a gentle scrub.
Thats it.

#15 Lilly75

Lilly75

Veteran Member

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:35 AM

The only thing that I've found that helps for blackheads is those pore strips - though that's only a 'quick fix' and doesn't prevent them. I'm still searching for something that works better. Though black heads aren't my main concern.

Aztec is a waste of money, did nothing for my pores and blackheads.

Aw really? not what I wanted to hear haha
I've been thinking about getting that... mainly to help with oiliness not just blackheads. Do you think it would work for that?

#16 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

My skins still oiley as shit, I have spent around 2 grand on micro....dont waste your money

#17 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

I've been messing around for too long and the skin on my nose is all messed up, squeezing is a norm, and I don't think pore strips are worth it in the long run.

Good luck to everyone, but blackheads are a problem that probably can't be solved for the majority of us (only managed with a regime that you find works), pores enlarge with age, it goes downhill from here folks Posted Image

Edited by Polka, 10 June 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#18 spoofy2

spoofy2

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I second that microderm is a waste of money. The only thing I've noticed it good for is if your noninflamed acne has dried up and it's ready to come out. Then again a washcloth can achieve the same results. Just remember that even if you get good results with microderm you would still need to keep some kind of maintenance on your routine or else they will just come back in a few days and that money just went straight down the drain. I know this because I just did it this past Monday and it's already sproutin back on my forehead D:<

#19 SuperMachii

SuperMachii

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Let me tell you the answer: No, no one here has beaten blackheads. I think a few tried accutane and saw results but then when they stopped, I heard the blackheads came back. Topically 'treating' blackheads is basically useless, you can topically control blackheads maybe and perhaps reduce their appearance, but 'treatin', hell to the no.