Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Starting A Saving Fund For Scar Treatments - White Hypertrophic (Back) Rolling Etc (Face)

8 posts in this topic

How much am I looking to save?

Can someone recommend anything in regards to rolling scar treatments, maybe boxcars I think some said I have.

For rolling scars, I recommend subcision based upon past experience. I paid $400.00 for subcision.

I had a boxcar scar treated with subcision successfully.

Invest in a dermaroller ($100.00 or less) and consider at home chemical peels (less than $75.00 for most products online).

I'm not convinced that laser treatments are the way to go - I had three Laser Genesis with NO results. I paid $600.00 for a Pearl Fractional Laser treatment - helped even out my skin tone.

You may need multiple subcision treatments for rolling scars - save at least $1000.00 for these.

Just a thought......

Thanks :) I have a dermaroller actually (1.5mm for face, 2.5mm for back), and currently did my 5th 50% Glycolic tonight.. Nothing noticeably helped yet, but I'm going to continue with the peels

ok you know what i creeped through your pics and i can barely see any scars. i think you should just let your skin heal naturally instead of spending so much money on such a tiny imperfection

1 person likes this

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

for hypertrophic scars, I get steroid injection to the site, worked pretty well. He charges me $10/shot, so far I had 2, planning to get a few more whenever I get time. I live in Canada though, dunno about wherever u r from.

ok you know what i creeped through your pics and i can barely see any scars. i think you should just let your skin heal naturally instead of spending so much money on such a tiny imperfection

They don't show them to the full extent. My entire shoulder area is covered in white raised lumps.. that's hardly a tiny imperfection.

It's not about what others can see, it's about how I feel about them. In certain lights my face looks ok, in others it looks extremely bumpy and uneven.

Thanks

for hypertrophic scars, I get steroid injection to the site, worked pretty well. He charges me $10/shot, so far I had 2, planning to get a few more whenever I get time. I live in Canada though, dunno about wherever u r from.

I live in Canada as well, and have many white hypertrophic scars on my chest/back. What type of results did you see? Did the scar lose volume/change colour? What was your doctor's name?

Dr. Michael Lai in Toronto, he's not taking more patients though....talk to your family doctor, he/she should offer that too.