Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Diet And Acne Page Is Live

8 posts in this topic

Hey you guys. Just wanted to let you know the new Diet and Acne page is up. It's got all the latest info on dairy, glycemic load, caloric intake, chocolate, etc. etc.

Have fun with it!

3 people like this

Sweet, looks nice! Glad to see diet is getting more credit for helping to treat acne.

Nice! You should add a gluten section for sure.

1 person likes this

Nice! You should add a gluten section for sure.

Yea, vwhere's the section about gluten? Or it isn't included in that research?

Good start!

3 people like this

Gluten. Check. Will look into it. I don't recall reading a single thing about it in any of the literature, but I will have another look.

There's also nothing about Food Intolerances.

And it says 'nobody really knows' at the top instead of 'it's not possible for diet to not affect acne.' Your diet is how your body gets the nutrients it needs to function. Or in the case of most people's diet these days, how it fails to get the nutrients it needs to function.

But it's nice that it's there. And some studies were cited that I wasn't aware of and aren't in our clinical studies thread.

2 people like this

Gluten. Check. Will look into it. I don't recall reading a single thing about it in any of the literature, but I will have another look.

Mostly, it goes under 'gut' since it damages the gut causing inflammation, malabsorption of nutrients and can lead to the development of other food intolerances. And it may inhibit an enzyme involved in cell desquamation. http://www.acne.org/...s/page__st__220