Photo

Acne Clear In 3 Days, But Blemishes Remain?

blemishes red aha alpha hydroxy acid

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello all!
I started the regime back in november 2011, and as soon as I started my acne cleared in 3-4 days!
But since then, apart from having an orange glow thanks to the BP, my face still has red blemishes, not too bad, but theres no reason to strive for peach clear skin is there not?

The BP is keeping my skin clear but it doesnt seem to do anything about the blemnishes.

My regime:

Morning wake up, cleanse and mousterise skin (I do not apply BP in the morning, it's too much, and it makes my face orange, doesn't go down well at school.)

Night, cleans skin, apply BP and mousterise, sometimes I skip the BP and apply some of dans AHA instead, but only twice a week at the most.

I add jojoba oil to the mousteriser, 2 drops in the morning, 4-6 at night.

I'm also taking Liythromycin (must be the 4th antibiotic by now,) to also help my acne.

Any advice?

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#2 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:38 AM

Red spots will fade over time, but cleansing, bp, and moisturizer do not help those at all. Being clear will allow them to fade over time, but that's about it.

#3 Kyle_

Kyle_

Regimen user since 2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:14 AM

Red spots will fade over time, but cleansing, bp, and moisturizer do not help those at all. Being clear will allow them to fade over time, but that's about it.

wow thankyou! I didn't actually realise being clear over time would reduce them

New Regimen!

Morning: 2 pumps Dan's cleanser in the shower, and "Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Hydrating Care" to moisturize, works to get me through the day without dry skin, but doesn't show, it's like there's nothing on my face, it's matt and doesn't shine.

///

Night: 2/3 pumps Dan's cleaner in the shower, using the cleanser to shave with a 2 blade generic razor, end segment finger's worth of Dan's BP, 2 pumps Dan's moisturizer with 6 drops generic, organic jojoba oil.

Sometimes just Dan's AHA+, or the usual application of Dan's BP with AHA+ on top if I'm feeling hardcore.

///

1 generic multivitamin, 30mg Zinc if the multivitamin doesn't contain it, 1/2 odorless garlic capsules, 2/3 EyeQ capsules (omega 3, 6, evening primrose oil,)

Have been on lots of different prescriptions, most successful was oxytetracycline.

New regimen!

Dove summer glow morning

AHA+ (acne.org) night!

Awaiting 20% salicylic acid gel in post for chin and nose.

Acne isn't returning after almost 2 years on the regimen

Looking for treatments for oily skin however, I have that really bad

#4 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:12 AM

wow thankyou! I didn't actually realise being clear over time would reduce them

Yep! Blemishes and red spots are generally left behind by old acne, so if you stop new acne from forming, eventually those spots will fade as your skin naturally sheds layers and repairs itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users