Photo

Indian Healing Clay Mask! So Excited To Try This!

indian clay acne mask oily healing mask acne prone hair treatment honey mask calcium oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#1 alexandramartin

alexandramartin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

SO, I've read MASSIVE rave reviews about Indian clay!!! Posted Image praying I will love it!

Has anyone else tried it??? It can be purchased at any health food stores, whole foods, or amazon. Anywhere from 6-12 dollars. Enough to last for 6 months or more.

It's in a powder form that can be mixed with either water or apple cider vinegar. 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite Clay ( Green clay). I will post pictures below of the packaging. It does not need to be the same exact brand but as long as it has 100% Natural Calcium Bentonite you'll be golden.

So, tomorrow I am running over to the health food store to give this a try. I did read to MOISTURIZE right after because it sucks a lot of the oil from your skin. Tends to be Ideal for people with oily skin. Acne prone or not. It has benefits for all users. It's also supposed to have a tugging/tingle feeling on your skin as it takes out toxins/impurities for a deep pore cleanse. Sort of like a detox that some of us do from the inside out but on our skin.
So far I've read only one review saying they experienced an IB on this productPosted Image
But the advice I read else where is to moisturize right after. This is something you don't want to leave on for hours at a time.
Cleanse before and not after. Just use warm water in the shower or use a wash cloth.
IF your skin is red after you may want to apply a cooling mask like plain yogurt.

Exposed black heads might appear! but don't fear...my recommendation: Steam face and use a black head extractor to get those suckers OUT!
I usually steam my face 3 times a week and extract so i won't get cyst ]: OR pore strips might be able to help. Try either one. I'll try both to see which i find more effective.

I also read a review on how this can be used as a hair treatment! SCORE!Posted Image

Feedback please

For anyone who has not tried the mask, I will post updates! I recently tried the raw honey mask but it's too soon for me to tell if it's working or not. Nice soft glow the next day is about as much as i can tell you [:

Thank you!

Attached Files

Edited by AlexM21, 12 January 2012 - 03:33 AM.

#2 gingergirl22

gingergirl22

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:03 AM

I used to use this on my acne and felt it helped, but make sure you rinse it off really well. I didn't use a moisturizer or do anything else afterward. I just layed down and let the redness on my face calm down on it's own. It didn't take long, just an hour or so.

#3 matt12491

matt12491

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:27 AM

I've used it and its not a miracle product but it does help. I use it twice a week. It's helped my forehead the most. I only used to get whiteheads on my forehead (cysts and such on my chin and next to my nose on both sides) and it took care of my forehead in no time. All in all, don't expect it to do much for cysts (unless they have some to a head) but it does really help with smaller pimples.

#4 alexandramartin

alexandramartin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

I've used it and its not a miracle product but it does help. I use it twice a week. It's helped my forehead the most. I only used to get whiteheads on my forehead (cysts and such on my chin and next to my nose on both sides) and it took care of my forehead in no time. All in all, don't expect it to do much for cysts (unless they have some to a head) but it does really help with smaller pimples.

I tried it!! i realllllly really liked it [: thanks for the feedback!

#5 matt12491

matt12491

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Did you use it with apple cider vinegar or just water? The acv makes a big difference. So much easier to mix and the benefits for your skin are enourmous.

#6 alexandramartin

alexandramartin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

I used to use this on my acne and felt it helped, but make sure you rinse it off really well. I didn't use a moisturizer or do anything else afterward. I just layed down and let the redness on my face calm down on it's own. It didn't take long, just an hour or so.

Thank you, it does really help...my make up went on a lot smoother and my face was also red after! i wanted to laugh when i looked in the mirror..my face was so tight with that mask on

Did you use it with apple cider vinegar or just water? The acv makes a big difference. So much easier to mix and the benefits for your skin are enourmous.

i used water...i don't know why I'm scared to use that stuff! but i think i am for sure going back to get some..im scared to break out i guess. i finally have a calm day today. just a few small bumps and one cyst. How is your experience with acv?? do you also drink it daily?

Edited by AlexM21, 13 January 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#7 matt12491

matt12491

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I drank the acv for around 2 months (2-3 tbsp twice a day) and it did absolutely nothing for my acne. It did give me a more energy and (I think) kept me from getting sick but my acne was the same. I started out using it diluted in the mask. I used half green tea and half acv the first few times I used the mask. Diluting it before going all the way is helps get your face acclimated to it. Now I just use pure acv and it has helped with evening out my skin tone.

#8 Sima

Sima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

I just bought this a few days ago! I had a sudden breakout on my forehead and a couple in my t-zone. I think it had to do with me going off my hormone meds for a couple weeks. Huge mistake! Anyway, you should mix it with ACV, not water. The ACV helps with renewing skin and exfoliating dead skin cells while the bentonite clay absorbs the dirt and toxins from your skin. I'm really just wanting to clear up the tiny pimples I've recently had. Hopefully it works out.

#9 alexandramartin

alexandramartin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

I just bought this a few days ago! I had a sudden breakout on my forehead and a couple in my t-zone. I think it had to do with me going off my hormone meds for a couple weeks. Huge mistake! Anyway, you should mix it with ACV, not water. The ACV helps with renewing skin and exfoliating dead skin cells while the bentonite clay absorbs the dirt and toxins from your skin. I'm really just wanting to clear up the tiny pimples I've recently had. Hopefully it works out.

only down side from this product is the dry skin. I am super oily, and I'm trying to trick my skin by putting on a heavy cream so it won't produce as much. i think its starting to work. I was the type of person who was terrified of putting too much on or any at all because it would cause a small break out. Now, this mask made me so dry..i am peeling like a snake. That is after one use. last thursday. Right now i am on my second time. I just need to make sure i leave gaps in between until my skin can handle more. I did spot treat on a cyst and it came to a head. So not sure if that one was a true cyst or not.

I did use it for small bumps and thats what it helped with. Does the mask make your face itchy as its drying??? right now i want to scratch my face off [:

i am also off my bc pills but i hope for the better! it gave me tiny little bumps all over my cheeks!!! and it was horrible..i work in car sales and i hated being out by the cars and seeing my reflection in the window because my eyes gravitated to the bumps on my skin. So, i hope this works as well!!! i was prescribed Yaz but I'm trying to treat my acne and cyst..not mask it. So if all else fails i will try Yaz

I drank the acv for around 2 months (2-3 tbsp twice a day) and it did absolutely nothing for my acne. It did give me a more energy and (I think) kept me from getting sick but my acne was the same. I started out using it diluted in the mask. I used half green tea and half acv the first few times I used the mask. Diluting it before going all the way is helps get your face acclimated to it. Now I just use pure acv and it has helped with evening out my skin tone.

You convinced me! I'll buy it Posted Image

#10 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Did nothing for me and I bought two tubs!!!

#11 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

I am super oily, and I'm trying to trick my skin by putting on a heavy cream so it won't produce as much.

I hope you're just joking! There's no way to "trick" your skin into producing less sebum. Putting on a cream certainly won't do it.

#12 John Curran

John Curran

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Bentointe clay is not only used externally but can also be consumed! I know its weird, but its true! It is supposed to cure some stomach related issues. I have researched about this online..It is said to be very useful on skin too..

#13 alexandramartin

alexandramartin

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:02 AM

I am super oily, and I'm trying to trick my skin by putting on a heavy cream so it won't produce as much.

I hope you're just joking! There's no way to "trick" your skin into producing less sebum. Putting on a cream certainly won't do it.

i know it sounds weird but its actually worked for me. Since I'm trying not to be scared to put lotion on every morning and night i noticed a difference.

Bentointe clay is not only used externally but can also be consumed! I know its weird, but its true! It is supposed to cure some stomach related issues. I have researched about this online..It is said to be very useful on skin too..

Really??? thats pretty awesome to know! i will be looking into this! Posted Image

Did nothing for me and I bought two tubs!!!

Hows it going so far?? keep trying!! let me know how it works for you

#14 hereforinfo

hereforinfo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

I just purchased this yesterday. I recently (Wednesday) made a conscious decision to stop using all topicals on my face and only concentrate on diet (actually very easy for me) and supplements. Had one-ish fatty pimples just left over but the rest of my face is almost entirely clear (few red marks). I had a full-on scruff going so I wet shaved first and managed to avoid nicking the pimples. Then I put on the Aztec clay mixed with Organic ACV and holy hell, it sucked the life out of that zit..right now it's a shell of its former self and about a third of the size. Might do the mask again on Sunday or Monday and then slow it down to once every two weeks or so. I'm honestly of the opinion that topicals are entirely unnecessary, they treat (barely, sometimes exacerbate) the symptoms, not the cause.

Edited by hereforinfo, 28 January 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#15 pari

pari

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

I sit typing this anwer with a mixture of clay and honey on my face...I am a huge clay fan! I use green clay and other powders which act like clay like Multani Mitti / Fuller's Earth and Ghassoul. I do feel it helps a lot in cleaning the pores. Since it can be harsh on your face I mix it sometimes with honey; this way the clay doesn't dry completely. I've experimented with putting Tea Tree oil in it - which calmed whiteheads considerably.
I generally use honey with the clay so I never experienced the dryness and itching you are going through now. However, sometimes i aimed for that:
with the help of clay I could achieve quite a dramatic peeling. I used clay mixed with sea salt and lemons, as a mask. After washing my face there wasn't a difference but in the 3-4 days after my facial skin completely renewed itself. It was a efficient way of getting an even skin tone - but those days in between I looked quite horrible.

Hope they clay keeps working for you!

#16 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:06 PM

Does nothing at all....waste of money.

#17 hereforinfo

hereforinfo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

Does nothing at all....waste of money.

Did you use Organic ACV?

#18 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

Yes, internal and external use is good for healing. For acne, the bentonite clay is good for riding the skin/blood of toxins, and brings blood flow to the face for faster healing, there are many books written on the subject. If you have acne use a clay mask daily for two weeks, then cut down to twice a week, and then down to once a week. I do not have acne anymore, however I use this clay mask once a week to help keep it soft and clean, it is a good produce FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Internally use of clay is very beneficial as well, however not this brand.

#19 Ghostunit

Ghostunit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 15
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

I ordered this today because someone posted to use ACV with clay, but that person didn't tell me what kind of clay Posted Image I searched on google and found a review for this product which like 200 out of 230 gave it a 5/5 or 4.5/5 ,but mostly 5/5 . That made me order ths product. I'll use it everyday, just the first week and then use twice a week. Posted Image i will moisturize wth coconut oil=]

Edited by EddieE, 24 April 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#20 jaydeec

jaydeec

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

I have it ..can"t say if it works, lol. I like the tightening and deep cleansing but thats about it. Mix with ACv as others have said it will make it much easier and give it a creamier consistency as opposed to H20.