Photo

Do Your Scars Look Awful In Some Lights But Unnoticeable In Others

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#21 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

Ew I hate daylight! It's like my worst enemy because you can see every single ginormous pore on my face and every pimple, red mark, and scar. Also fluorescent lighting, ugh. :(

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#22 Rachelx7

Rachelx7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Try not to look in the car mirrors. Also, when you get your hair cut... it's all wet and slicked back and all that is visible is your imperfect SKIN under that unflattering flourescent light. Yuck.

#23 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

*sigh* I miss the days when I didn't care about light. Nowadays I always worry what I look like in any lightning :( I even avoid certain places because of this.
mild acne with redness on my cheeks.
supplements: 50mg zinc, 1000mg vit C, multivit
other: bio probiotic yogurt
regimen: A.M. - uriage roseliane fluid, eucerin redness relief daily perfecting lotion P.M.- uriage roseliane fluid, Suki white willow toner, eucerin redness relief night creme
spot treatment: witch hazel

#24 Jlisondra

Jlisondra

misalnya u tidak tahan ketika aku pergi.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

Try not to look in the car mirrors. Also, when you get your hair cut... it's all wet and slicked back and all that is visible is your imperfect SKIN under that unflattering flourescent light. Yuck.

I HATE when the hairdresser gives you that huge mirror to check the results of your haircut. i'm convinced that mirror is a liar bc it's so huge it's magnifying every damn thing on your face. i haven't read all the posts in this thread, but i agree that lights can def emphasize scars. i used to think that natural light was the harshest, but now i don't. i think natural light can actually b flattering depending on what time of day it is..and if the sun is setting.
natural is beautiful. but glamour is fun.

#25 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

I don't understand the dislike of daylight. Sunlight makes you look great. Shade and harsh flourescents are what hide the nice golden pigments in your skin while bringing out everything red and blue. Which is too bad because i love a nice shady porch/patio and would love a shady yard/street if I didn't want to grow my own food. Or to sit by the window at the restaurant, but unless there's actual sun shining on you that lighting is really bad. when traveling and therefore carrying a camera around, my ex-husband would take pictures of me at the restaurant where we sat by a window because of the view or whatever. I'd look at those pictures (to delete them) and wonder why'd anyone would even take such a horrible picture of a person.

When I look in the car mirror when the sun is shining on my my skin looks great. It's when the sun isn't shining or you are sitting in the back seat of someone else's car where there is usually no light shining on you and with almost nowhere to look but right at yourself in the mirror that you look horrible. That is the worst.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#26 porenomore

porenomore

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Ugh sunlight is the worst. In regular room lighting (at home, and stores and stuff) you can hardly notice any scars, but in the sun, I've began wearing hats all the time....

#27 Fluorescent

Fluorescent

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

YES!
Current regimen*
mornings: wash face with warm & cold water, apply BB Cream (brand: undecided).
nights: wash face with warm & cold water, occasional clay masks such as Freeman's Oatmeal & Avacado mask, Miracle Clay, ext. Apply Johnson's Dreamy Skin Night Cream.
diet: no refined sugars, high fructoses, ext, ever. (fruit/natural sugar is allowed). Half gluten free diet, lots of water and vegetables. Overall very health conscious diet.
vitamins: a few time a week if not at all; 1 Cinnamon capsule, two small omega 3 fish oil capsules, & 1 "skin care" multivitamin. Not taken every day.
​other : if acne should occur, sometimes bp is applied. Otherwise, not yet decided on what really works for me yet.

*I used to use many products. Nothing ever really worked for me, or they just broke me out with all sorts of acne. It took me a long time to realize that and to find my perfect regimen. That is why my regimen is pretty simple, and 90% based on diet! Everyone has their very own regimen that will work for them, they just need to find it!

Currently 95% clear of comedones. 100% clear of pimples/cysts.
Time progress of getting my skin in control: 2 or so years

#28 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Yep =/

They definitely look worse. When I don't wear makeup, I avoid direct sunlight in my car.

My redmarks are fading, but they still have a long way to go.

#29 adhpn7

adhpn7

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 17
About Me

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

outside on cloudy days is pretty bad, outdays anyday basically. and under harsh flourecent lighting in bathroom is so depressing... i feel like freddy krogeur sometimes D:

#30 Nyla

Nyla

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

i think sunlight, depending on which part of my face it's hitting on, can make me look amazing. generally i look good with sunlight directed towards the side of my face, or behind me... frontal sunlight makes me look terrrrrrible though.. and fluorescent lighting, oh my god. i look like the hunchback of notre dame or something. i hate the lighting in trains and shopping malls.

#31 portofmorrow

portofmorrow

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

Yes! Oh god. If the lighting is bad (usually fluorescent), and I look in the mirror, my heart just drops. Every flaw is visible, and any attempt to cover these flaws with makeup is also visible.

#32 betterness24

betterness24

Rejuvenator

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Couldn't agree more! I don't own a mirror ;)
I take these supplements daily to keep my skin at an acceptable level:

--B5 (Pantothenic Acid)-8,000mg

--B-Complex-1,000mg

--L-Carnitine-1,000mg