Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do Your Scars Look Awful In Some Lights But Unnoticeable In Others

32 posts in this topic

I just looked in the mirror in overhead lighting and just felt like cutting my head off.

1 person likes this

Oh my!! Candle Light baby! Overhead lighting or Natural light is no ones friend...well @ least not mine. Even on a clear day. We are our own worst critics. However there is a reason why they call it "Glamour Lights". The ones that go around your mirror, preferred with back lighting. It makes you look A-A-A-amazing! I'll admit it, I like the way I look in our butlers powder room versus my own vanity. The lighting is killer. Look for soft whites or pink white bulbs. Crystal Clear is scary. Hey, whatever helps!

I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

Yes! Daylight is the worst for me and also the lighting in fitting rooms... I'm always in there for like an hour, because I'm staring at my skin half the time o_0

1 person likes this

UGH, of course... In some lighting I'm like "oh my skin looks ok" and in other lighting (depends on the angle where the light comes from) "SH*T........my scars are so ugly and noticeable". I was in a store and had my hair in a pony tail and when I saw myself in the mirror and my scars were SO obvious I felt like putting all my hair on my face :| In a week or so I will have my first TCA cross...hope I will see some improvement. I will post details soon....

Flourescent lights are easily the worst invention humankind has ever created :P

4 people like this

Call me TV.

snapback.pngmoonbase, on , said:

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

I have fluorescent lightning in my bathroom and trust me, it is my worst enemy! Every time I look at myself in the bathroom mirror I see a freak, and then I want to cry, but tears don t show up, so I m just like, I have already ruined myself and then I start picking my face again for hours in front of that mirror. It never stops.

1 person likes this

Lols agree! Soft white lights are the best and natural daylight is depressing! Even the lights on some lifts are so brutal to the skin =(

yep strip lights (fluro) in the office and daylight. ohmylord.

can the world just exist under a giant soft flattering light please :)

1 person likes this

Yes. at some kind of lights and whenever I see my face on those moments I tell myself: "look how gorgeous you are".But there are some like in ladies room, when I look at their mirror I will say: "wth! I look so awful! geez. I'm outta here!" so embarrassing. :D

Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.

You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it,

and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.

Drop by on my blog smile.png

http://her-inner-core.blogspot.com/

I really hate natrual light when I break out. I'll do my concealer in my room with my window open and think I look pretty good. Them I step outside and catch my reflection in the car window and BAM! Also a question: Are car mirrors created to bring out every flaw in your skin, or is that just me?

it's ridiculous. i try not to sit/ stand directly under bright lights. i wish there was a makeup that could even out the skin just a little bit. coulourwise i'm ok. i'm considering cutting my hair differently so it will always cast a shadow on my face or cover certain areas (i only have scars on my forehead). but i think i won't because then i might be unhappy with my skin AND my hair dry.png

the luck of your life depends on the composition of your thoughts.

I use to like going out to parties or night clubs but, the dim lights plus strobe lights got me concerned. I get out just not as much as I once did. Fuck, it sucks and I hate being a guy that will use a cover up but, what can I do? Considering cosmetic options but, I am not liking the risks involved and the cost.

I really hate natrual light when I break out. I'll do my concealer in my room with my window open and think I look pretty good. Them I step outside and catch my reflection in the car window and BAM! Also a question: Are car mirrors created to bring out every flaw in your skin, or is that just me?

I thought I was the only one to notice! Car mirrors are the worst!!!!!!!! and also natural day light makes scars look super noticeable :'(

Urghh all the time... I look at myself sometimes and I think 'ah my skin doesn't look too bad today'... and then I go into a different room that has a mirror and they just look so visible. I have red scars and I know these will fade through time but it takes forever :(

Yes! I hate it. I look fairly normal in my bathroon and other places, but in most places I look like crap and it's depressing.

1 person likes this

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

I covered a break-out fairly well yesterday and when I checked the spot in natural daylight/my rear-view mirror the center of my chin looked purpleish. What the heck lol.

Hot shower + Bathroom with flourescent light = Suicide

Face is all red, scars look horrible.

But i look great in my bedroom=) lol, oh and car mirrors, ugh it sucks

i totally hear you on that and yes what is it with the car mirror? my skin will look great at home and then i get into the car and i am freaked out by what i see. i will see scars that i dont see in any other light its just so odd.

Ew I hate daylight! It's like my worst enemy because you can see every single ginormous pore on my face and every pimple, red mark, and scar. Also fluorescent lighting, ugh. :(

Try not to look in the car mirrors. Also, when you get your hair cut... it's all wet and slicked back and all that is visible is your imperfect SKIN under that unflattering flourescent light. Yuck.

1 person likes this

*sigh* I miss the days when I didn't care about light. Nowadays I always worry what I look like in any lightning :( I even avoid certain places because of this.

Try not to look in the car mirrors. Also, when you get your hair cut... it's all wet and slicked back and all that is visible is your imperfect SKIN under that unflattering flourescent light. Yuck.

I HATE when the hairdresser gives you that huge mirror to check the results of your haircut. i'm convinced that mirror is a liar bc it's so huge it's magnifying every damn thing on your face. i haven't read all the posts in this thread, but i agree that lights can def emphasize scars. i used to think that natural light was the harshest, but now i don't. i think natural light can actually b flattering depending on what time of day it is..and if the sun is setting.

natural is beautiful. but glamour is fun.

I don't understand the dislike of daylight. Sunlight makes you look great. Shade and harsh flourescents are what hide the nice golden pigments in your skin while bringing out everything red and blue. Which is too bad because i love a nice shady porch/patio and would love a shady yard/street if I didn't want to grow my own food. Or to sit by the window at the restaurant, but unless there's actual sun shining on you that lighting is really bad. when traveling and therefore carrying a camera around, my ex-husband would take pictures of me at the restaurant where we sat by a window because of the view or whatever. I'd look at those pictures (to delete them) and wonder why'd anyone would even take such a horrible picture of a person.

When I look in the car mirror when the sun is shining on my my skin looks great. It's when the sun isn't shining or you are sitting in the back seat of someone else's car where there is usually no light shining on you and with almost nowhere to look but right at yourself in the mirror that you look horrible. That is the worst.

1 person likes this

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!