Photo

Lupus Miliaris Disseminatus Faciei

bumps around eyes acne vulgaris adult acne cystic acne granulomatous rosacea rosacea

1 reply to this topic

#1 IfOnly66

IfOnly66

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:35 AM

I have had this for 2 years and doctors do not know much about it. Its not acne and the bumps can not be popped. They are not painful. It started with one little bump under my left eye, then more. It spread to my right eye, then right below my nose on both sides and my chin. I have been on everything and now I am on Accutane, it seems to be controlling it, but I am on my 4th month and the bumps are still there. I was wondering if ANYONE has heard of this.

Lupus miliaris disseminatus faciei (LMDF) is an uncommon, chronic, inflammatory dermatosis characterized by red-to-yellow or yellow-brown papules of the central face, particularly on and around the eyelids. Lesions may occur singly or in crops. Once considered a tuberculid because of the histology, many authors now consider LMDF to be an extreme variant of granulomatous rosacea. Others believe it is a distinct entity because of its characteristic histopathology and occasional involvement of noncentral facial areas

#2 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:30 PM

very curious...can u post a pic?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users