Best Sunscreen For Accutane?

3 replies to this topic

#1 jondoe89

jondoe89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

I just started accutane and already got sunburned on my face. Its been 3 days now and it stil hurts. One of the most painfull expereinces in my life.

What is the best sunscreen I can buy locally thats SPF 50 +?

I forgot to use sunscreen one day which is why i got the burn. But I only have a SPF 15 at home currently.

#2 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Most store sunscreens have skin irritants in them. While you're on Accutane you should be able to get away with a stronger sunscreen without breaking out simply due to the Accutane. My recommendation is Cetaphil UVA/UVB defense SPF 50 sunscreen. During the summer, I help run a swim team, so I like to use extra sunscreen, and the Cetaphil is what I use when I'm going to be by the pool.

With Accutane, you have to keep suncreen on at all times when you're outside. Reapply every couple hours if you're outside all day. Wear hats as much as possible outside. Your skin will be sensitive for months following the Accutane treatment as well.

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion  SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer 

PM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash  ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask /  moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed 

#3 jondoe89

jondoe89

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

Most store sunscreens have skin irritants in them. While you're on Accutane you should be able to get away with a stronger sunscreen without breaking out simply due to the Accutane. My recommendation is Cetaphil UVA/UVB defense SPF 50 sunscreen. During the summer, I help run a swim team, so I like to use extra sunscreen, and the Cetaphil is what I use when I'm going to be by the pool.

With Accutane, you have to keep suncreen on at all times when you're outside. Reapply every couple hours if you're outside all day. Wear hats as much as possible outside. Your skin will be sensitive for months following the Accutane treatment as well.

Thanks!

I ended up buying this one, hope it's ok.

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P232327&categoryId=B70

#4 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

I'm sure the Clinique sunscreen is a good one. Keep in mind that you will be going through a lot of sunscreen on Accutane. I remembered a sunscreen my esthetician recommended. It is Solbar. Just another one to consider. Amazon sells this for about $10 for 4 oz. They have a couple other sunscreens as well with higher SPF. Aquafor (sp) Healing ointment (by Eucerin) is great for your lips while on Accutane.
Posted Image

Edited by Ripon10, 11 January 2012 - 01:54 AM.

No regimen is one-size-fits-all. You are unique and so is your skin.

AM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash - Lumiplexion Salicylic Acid ~ Lumiplexion  SPF 30 ~ Lumiplexion moisturizer 

PM

Proactive Deep Cleansing Wash  ~ Lumiplexion Glycolic Acid 12% (3-4x week) ~ Lumiplexion Hydroquinone 1-2x week

Lumiplexion enzyme mask / sulfur mask /  moisturizing mask 1-2 week as needed 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users