6 replies to this topic

#1 Allison12

Allison12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:42 PM

Hi everyone,

I've been using salicylic acid pads on my chest, and they're working really well. I can't reach my back to apply there though.

I was thinking that something in a spray form would be better. Neutrogena offers one but it's not available in Canada, and they won't ship here.

Does anyone in Canada use anything like this? Or can anyone recommend a way to get salicylic acid on my back more easily? I've tried using a S.C. wash but it doesn't work for me.

#2 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

How about purchasing a back lotion applicator that you should be able to find at a drug store; get some double-sided tape and tape the pad onto it to apply to your back? Or you could use a salicylic wash with one of these applicators versus the pads. See piicture below.

Posted Image

Edited by Ripon10, 10 January 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#3 Allison12

Allison12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:39 AM

Thanks! That would work if I could find a salicylic acid lotion. I find the wash doesn't work not because I can't apply it, but my skin just doesn't respond to it.

The pads don't have enough product on them to really cover my back anyway - I have to use 2-3 just for my face.

#4 Ripon10

Ripon10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:My kids, hockey, Turbo Fire.

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:30 AM

I would suggest trying a sulfur soap for your back. You could use an applicator such as this and it would cost you a lot less than the salicylic pads.

As far as the spray goes, Neutrogena has a body spray with salicylic and so does Nature's Cure.

Edited by Ripon10, 10 January 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#5 jb00

jb00

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:04 AM

I buy a generic salicylic acid solution and transfer the contents to a sprayer. :) save me a lot of moooooooooooney :)

#6 Sky13

Sky13

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:27 AM

Hey I use a salicylic acid body lotion from Paulas Choice and I also think Murad do a salicylic spray too.

#7 theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:19 AM

I use the BodyBuddy lotion applicator to apply sunscreen, treatment creams, and lotions to my back.  One of the best things I've ever used; so much easier than the typical long-handled stick with a pad on the end of it.  I keep one in the shower and use it for back scrubs and washes, and then I have one for applying lotions and creams. It's awesome.    http://www.bodybuddy.com/ 

bb7.jpg

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users