shaving shaving cream

6 replies to this topic

#1 MarkyTee

MarkyTee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

i'm going to try the whole shaving with a bowl and brush and proper lather etc. malarky and for this apparently you need a soap or cream, not a gel or foam

so just wondering if anyone knows of some?

#2 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

i'm going to try the whole shaving with a bowl and brush and proper lather etc. malarky and for this apparently you need a soap or cream, not a gel or foam

so just wondering if anyone knows of some?

Hi,I would recommend not using the brush to apply the lather to your face, as this is very bad for sensitive skin. Lather the soap/cream in the bowl and apply with hand(s).  As far as non-comedogenic shaving goes, it is a rather small market.This is the only thing I could find online.http://www.remediesdirect.com/natural-shaving-cream.htmlI would also recommend Kiss My Face shave creams, as I have used them before, very gentle.http://www.kissmyface.com/product/grid/35/204

Edited by bobbi364, 15 January 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#3 blackblake

blackblake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of acne.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

I use the PanOxyl soap bar as shaving cream. I just clean my face really well with it, then i shave it off with a razor. It's the only way i knew for sure that shaving wouldn't break me out, and it hasn't!

#4 Carson

Carson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

It's called Aveeno, find it at Wal Mart

#5 PatrickParker

PatrickParker

OTC hater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Google pacific shaving company. It will change your life.

How I got clear...

Am: Gently wash face with warm water, ACV and green tea mixed evenly toner after.

Pm: Shave(exfoliate) with pacific shaving company natural shaving cream/ gently cleanse face with jojoba oil/ shower off with warm water/ ACV&green tea toner after shower.

Diet: Eat whatever the hell I want but low carb/high fiber/high protein conscious. Take mens 1 a day multivitamin, 1200mg fish oil soft gel, 400mg eluethero twice a day, 40 grams whey protein isolate twice a day, 2 cap fulls of ACV twice a day, plenty of espresso and green tea throughout the day.

#6 InAStateOfHopefulness

InAStateOfHopefulness

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

I've always had the best luck with Jack Black products (purchased from Sephora). Looking at JB's website you can see that they employ something they call "PureScience". I'm not sure how much BS is involved or if this holds any signifgance or value to anyone... I do try to seek out and use organic products. I personally prefer them.

Attached File  jbps.jpg   146.73K   2 downloads

Anyway, I purchase this Jack Black Lather from Sephora. Little pricey, but its the best shaving product I've used.

What it is:
The ultimate rich lather shave cream.

What it does:
Triple Cushion™ Shave Lather is a luxurious, creamy lather that lifts whisker up, away from the skin, for a smooth, ultra-close shave. Triple Cushion technology, with three protective hydrating layers, allows the razor to glide close to skin while offering a cushion of protection against razor burn irritation, nicks and cuts.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosans

What else you need to know:
Perfect for use with or without a brush, Triple Cushion™ Shave Lather is dermatologist tested, fragrance-, alcohol-, colorant-, and paraben-free.

Active Ingredients:

-Macadamia Nut Oil: Deeply softens and hydrates the skin.
-Glycerin: Softens, moisturizes, and protects the skin.
-Soybean Oil: Smoothes and hydrates the skin with a high content of vitamins A, E, K, and lecithin.
-Jojoba Oil: Softens, moisturizes, and protects.
-Certified Organic Sea Kelp Extract: Normalizes the skin's moisture content and firms the epidermis.
-Certified Organic Sunflower Seed Extract: Nourishes and restores suppleness and radiance.
-Licorice Root Extract: Acts as an anti-irritant and de-pigmenting agent that inhibits skin discoloration.
-Lavender and Chamomile Oils: Soothe and heal.
-Macadamia Nut Oil: Deeply softens and hydrates the skin.
-Glycerin: Softens, moisturizes, and protects the skin.
-Soybean Oil: Smoothes and hydrates the skin with a high content of vitamins A, E, K, and lecithin.
-Jojoba Oil: Softens, moisturizes, and protects.
-Certified Organic Sea Kelp Extract: Normalizes the skin's moisture content and firms the epidermis.
-Certified Organic Sunflower Seed Extract: Nourishes and restores suppleness and radiance.
-Licorice Root Extract: Acts as an anti-irritant and de-pigmenting agent that inhibits skin discoloration.
-Lavender and Chamomile Oils: Soothe and heal

INCI List of Ingredients [Scientific terms]:

Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Palmitic Acid, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoat, Myristic Acid, Polysorbate 60 Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Cocoamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Sodium Hydroxide, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil , Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract *, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract*, Prunus Cerasus (Cherry Fruit) Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Phenoxyethanol. * Certified Organic.

Edited by InAStateOfDespair, 12 March 2012 - 02:39 AM.

I used to go by InAStateOfDespair.
-Completed 6 months of Accutane.
-Now taking .05 Tazorac

#7 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Aveeno therapeutic shave gel. It is the best shaving cream ever for sensitive or acne-prone skin. Cheap and available at most department/grocery stores that have cosmetics face wash etc. I highly recommend it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users