6 replies to this topic

#1 ivyey

ivyey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Hi,

I have recently started eating chia seeds, for there omega 3 content. My skin, in most areas on my face has been in the process of clearing up all of its own accord for about two months. A week ago it was in the clearest state it has been in years. It was a godsend because I had just started a job in customer service. I was so happy. For a few days now I have been aware of a few spots that have been virtually clear, growing inflamed again - specifically the 't' zone. It's not anything outrageous but it's still growing worse and I don't know what has changed except chia seed consumption. Perhaps I am eating too much? Or perhaps I am allergic? Should I discontinue consumption to be on the safe side? Ahh, I am so depressed right now :cry:

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hi,

I have recently started eating chia seeds, for there omega 3 content. My skin, in most areas on my face has been in the process of clearing up all of its own accord for about two months. A week ago it was in the clearest state it has been in years. It was a godsend because I had just started a job in customer service. I was so happy. For a few days now I have been aware of a few spots that have been virtually clear, growing inflamed again - specifically the 't' zone. It's not anything outrageous but it's still growing worse and I don't know what has changed except chia seed consumption. Perhaps I am eating too much? Or perhaps I am allergic? Should I discontinue consumption to be on the safe side? Ahh, I am so depressed right now Posted Image

I wouldn't worry about 'em, just stay happy about having the clearest skin you've had in years. =)

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#3 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

You can try avoiding them for a week or so and see if it makes a difference. Then try again, because it could be a coincidence. Also, try soaking them in water to form. They'll form a gel which you could use to thicken a smoothie or other drink. Or just drink. Some people like it. There are some recipes in the drink recipe thread. http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3178117

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

#4 ivyey

ivyey

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

You can try avoiding them for a week or so and see if it makes a difference. Then try again, because it could be a coincidence. Also, try soaking them in water to form. They'll form a gel which you could use to thicken a smoothie or other drink. Or just drink. Some people like it. There are some recipes in the drink recipe thread. http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3178117

OK. I usually just throw about 2 tbsp into a smoothie every morning. I hope the chia seeds are not to blame...

#5 christinehayes

christinehayes

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

i used chia seeds in my smoothie

it is not chia seeds to blame. Posted Image

do not worry much, enjoy eating.

healthy food to healthy life. Posted Image

*Moderator edit - URL removed. Read the board rules*

#6 Balance Bird

Balance Bird

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Being happy, health, and expanding and manipulating my mind to have it be what I want. I want everyone else to be warmed by the sun light that reveals the world of corruption we live in! We will heal and be lovely again!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I wanna add chia seeds, since flax give me an awful breakout!

#7 Dermarolling Girl

Dermarolling Girl

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

I have a big bag of them. I tried them once but lost my appetite for 2 whole days!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users