Photo

A Little Question

sex regimen body

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

how do you use the regimen (especially body regimen users) when you spend the night elsewhere?
for the younger folk here, this probably means sleeping at friends' houses, but i've recently been seeing a guy and spending quite a bit of time at his place. i don't want to be covered in bp and unable to touch anything while i'm over there, but i don't want to break out!
any suggestions?
thanks!
"You're such a beautiful freak, I wish there were more just like you. You're not like all of the others, that is why I love you. Beautiful Freak, Beautiful Freak- that is why I love you."

building a personal bubble of support via my log: Jokerj's Hopeful Log

#2 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

I stopped using BP on my back and replaced it with Dan's AHA+. It doesn't bleach, smell, or dry out your skin. Take a shower at night and then apply the AHA+ and do the same in the morning. He won't even notice you have anything on =)

#3 Swj48

Swj48

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:02 AM

I stay at my girlfriends quite a bit when we are home from college (like now during winter break) and at first I would just shower at night really quick, just rinse off for like 2 min and use cleanser in the shower, then do bp and moisturizer after that as my regular "getting ready" routine. I shower because I felt weird washing my face and putting all this acne medicine and whatever as a guy in front of my girlfriend at her house... Lol kinda dumb but it made me feel more comfortable about doing it. When she stays at my house when we are away at college I don't care and I just do it normal washing in the sink and whatever, but if you just wanna feel more comfortable about doing it I'd suggest doing a quick shower at night when you stay at his place. I have no advice about body acne though because I only have it on my face.

Now I just do the regimen in the sink at night when I stay with her because we've been together for 4 years, but that is my suggestion if this is a new relationship and you just feel weird about doing it in front of him at his house.

#4 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

hey, i tested the aha on my left shoulder, and even while still doing the bp there i broke out. how long does the ib last? i worry that i'll never have the security of knowing i won't break out if i just do the bp, and that if i get out of the bp routine it will be difficult to get back into it again. maybe i could do bp every other night? thoughts?
"You're such a beautiful freak, I wish there were more just like you. You're not like all of the others, that is why I love you. Beautiful Freak, Beautiful Freak- that is why I love you."

#5 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'm reactivating this topic as it is once again a looming question in my life. How do you use the back regimen without: taking a bunch of time in someone's bathroom, not being able to be touched for 10-15 min, and potentially bleaching their sheets? Not to mention, how do you find time for the regimen when starting a new relationship? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

#6 whatthekell

whatthekell

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

hey did you ever try just using the AHA+? (for your body)

i can't really help with the second question, as i quit the regimen a while ago.

#7 rush25

rush25

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm reactivating this topic as it is once again a looming question in my life. How do you use the back regimen without: taking a bunch of time in someone's bathroom, not being able to be touched for 10-15 min, and potentially bleaching their sheets? Not to mention, how do you find time for the regimen when starting a new relationship? Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

How much time are you spending on the regimen? I've never found the regimen to be so time consuming that it actually interfered with a new relationship or anything else in my life really. And in regards to staying over at someone's house, if it's an irregular thing (like once a week) then I usually just skip the BP and use AHA+ instead. Otherwise, I've just told my boyfriends that I don't want my lotion to bleach their pillow and brought my own. No big deal really.
be so happy with the way you are | be so happy that you made it this far

#8 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

i've found that aha has never really worked for me, though i do use it on ingrown hairs to some minor effect. what i hate most is that, after applying the bp, he nor anything can touch my back for like 10 min. also, i don't want to pause "us"-time by running off to the bathroom to put bp on. plus, i find it difficult to get up and apply bp when i'm happily cuddling with him in bed. speaking of which, i worry that i'll bleach his sheets. that was a great idea, rush, about bringing your own pillow, but since i'm on the back regimen, it's difficult because it covers so much area and i can't really bring my own sheets over. plus, at this stage in our relationship, i don't really want to discuss my skin history w him and explain to him the importance of the regimen to me.

i'm currently experimenting with continuing dan's bp gel on my left while trying a bp foam on my right. i worry that it will be less effective, but i'm keeping an open mind. i'm currently getting over a break out from a particularly intense yoga class (trying not to let that keep me from going back, but i hesitate to work out because of this), but once that's under control it should be easier to see what's working best.

#9 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

i am also experimenting with ways to cut down on the bp gel's time, such as rubbing it in more and using less

it seems that with the bp, it goes from being very wet to just kind of wet and sticky fairly quickly, but then it stays slightly wet and sticky for a LONG time
(rubbing it in completely and using just one and a half pumps on either side of my entire back took about 10 minutes to dry to the point where it did not feel sticky, and, even then, my shirt stuck to it in places)

Edited by jokerj, 16 August 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#10 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

additionally, i worry about... ahem... sweating and rubbing the bp off my back each night... if you know what i mean

plus, it seems acnefree all day control foam is no longer being sold in stores, only online! i hope it is not discontinued