Photo

After 20 Years Of Searching, My Acne Is Totally Cured. Important Read.

heal healing kefir probiotics cure success probiotic

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#21 lieko

lieko

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

How many times do you drink the water keifr? Once a day?

#22 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

How many times do you drink the water keifr? Once a day?

If you want to cure your acne then yes you should drink it every day or every two days. You can figure out the recipe amounts that will work perfectly and will ferment in about 24 hours. You should do this for several months I would say. After some time your ecosystem will be repaired. You at least need to get through the first week where you'll be a bit more gassy than usual get through that first week and you'll see amazing changes in your skin. Since I started The longest I've gone without water Kefir is about two weeks and my skin was fine... So this means that once you complete the initial gut repair then you can certainly go on vacation and things like that without having to take it with you. I don't know yet if I will have to take water kefir for the rest of my life or not... For now I'm choosing to take it quite often and my skin is clear.

#23 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hi All,

There is one reported SUCCESS now!

I got a great message from lieko, and with permission I'm reposting it here:

Hi aquapurity,

I tried the water kefir hat you have mentioned and it's definitely the best solution so far that I've tried during most of my adulthood (i'm 26). Each time when I eat carbohydrates, my face will react with a worsen complexion (open pores/ blackhead) and sometimes a pimples around here and there companied by redness (mostly on nose). I was extremely distraught. I'm a long time believer that my acne came from within my body and for a long time I couldn't figure what it was. In the beginning I spent so much money on creams, supplement, herbs and none of them worked except cinnamon but that made me lose weight so that like taking one step forward and two steps backward. I also didn't like it due to the fact that I have to pay monies month to month. I was pissed and almost gave up to decide to live like this.

I then tried the water kefir, at first I didn't find any results because recently noticed that my first batches didn't have much "bubbles" until my third batch. One night right after I ate dinner with rice, the results was overwhelming. My complexion was so much better. I usually don't eat a lot of rice cause I'm afraid of the carbs but now I'm totally fine with it. Although I'm not one hundred percent cured because I still get bad reactions from eating sweet stuff full of sugar like candies. Cut thing short, I just want to say thank you!

Edited by aquapurity, 29 May 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#24 Oner

Oner

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:18 PM

thats awesome! im going to try this now. but since kombucha seemed to break me out, i will start slow.

#25 MoonPix

MoonPix

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

can i purchase this ready to drink?

#26 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

can i purchase this ready to drink?

I have seen water kefir in the store ready made, but in my experience it didn't really do anything. In my experience the water kefir you make for yourself is one hundred times more powerful.

#27 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

Can u use coconut?
Its hard to find a clear recipe as everyone does it different

Also how long or how many times can I use the grains for before they are no good anymore?

Edited by thisisnothollywood, 08 June 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#28 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Can u use coconut?
Its hard to find a clear recipe as everyone does it different

Also how long or how many times can I use the grains for before they are no good anymore?

Coconut water can be used, but it's not high in minerals and it's REALLY expensive over time.

Here is the 24 hour recipe I use and it's very basic for a single person and I recommend 1/2 gallon mason jar:

1. limit to one cup of grains. The grains will multiply so either eat the extra or throw it out. In the beginning definitely EAT the extra grains... that will speed up the process of healing you. After the first week or two you wouldn't need to eat the extra grains if you didn't want to. The grains are just flavorless polysaccharide made by the friendly bacteria, kind of like rice.
2. For one cup of grains add about 20 oz of water (so you'll end up drinking about 16 oz when finished) about 3-5 tablespoons organic sugar (depending on the strength your particular culture)
3. Important: then also add 1 tablespoon of high mineral sugar. I use blackstrap molasses and it makes it grow like crazy! not to mention... it also adds good minerals to your kefir that you will aso be drinking it.

So your adding 4-6 tablespoons of sugar (3-5 organic cane sugar, and 1 mollasses)

4. Let it brew for about 24 hours with a coffee filter and rubber band on the top so it can breath. You can taste test to see where you are. If you let it go to 100% it will turn into vinegar and harm the culture and it may never recover and you would just need to order some new from ebay. I'd say it's best to drink it when it's about 65% fermented... it's just slightly sweet at that point but not too vinegary.
5. For the last two hours (or so) of fermentation you can seal off the jar with a lid and then it will make it an effervescent drink like champagne due to pressure build-up which adds a nice touch.
6. I just pour it right out of my 1/2 gallon jar into a glass and drink it and then start over again.
7. If you need to slow down the process just put the jar in the fridge. You could fill it with water and some sugar and leave for a week and it would probably be totally fine and return to normal outside the fridge. I've heard the freezer works too for longer trips but never tried it. Just know you can always spend $10 and get a new batch on ebay.

Keep in mind this is medicine to heal you. It tastes pretty good when done right, but the point is not to taste good, the point is to deliver tons of awesome probiotic to your gut.

Good luck!

AND A NOTE TO EVERYONE ABOUT DAIRY: Dairy is the worst culprit I have ever found for my acne. You must cut it out for about a month before you can see results due to long lasting hormone cascades. If you keep eating a bunch of dairy then you are just shooting yourself in the foot. Go on water kefir, cut out dairy and your acne will heal. Then after a couple months you can start testing your boundaries with how much dairy you can eat. I find I can eat little bits of dairy for flavor, but I still cannot eat a whole block of cheese and expect to remain clear EVEN on water kefir probiotics. If you suffer from acne then cut out the diary and do it for months at least.

AND A NOTE TO EVERYONE ABOUT CARBS: I used to associate carbs with acne, like dairy, but now after water kefir I've noticed, like lieko said, that I can also eat a lot of carbs and no longer notice any problem. so I feel water kefir completely heals your ability to handle carbohydrates, but it does NOT necessarily heal your ability to handle dairy.

Thanks for listening and good luck.

Edited by aquapurity, 10 June 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#29 yupacne

yupacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Edited by yupacne, 07 August 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#30 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hey aquapurity.

Did you use a starter culture with dehydrated grains or did someone share theirs with you?

Also, what was your acne like and where was is? Severe, moderate, light?

My acne is on my face and back and I wondered if is powerful enough for that. I don't think I have any problem with dairy, so I'm not sure how this might affect me.

Thanks.

If you have acne and you say that you don't have any problem with dairy, then I would say you probably have a problem with dairy. I found that dairy will cause breakouts for weeks, maybe even a month, after you consume it. If you cut out dairy for a month and you drink water kefir daily for a month I bet your acne will disappear. After that, keep drinking the kefir and start testing a little bit to see what kind of dairy you can handle.

Don't buy dehydrated kefir grains if you don't have to. Buy regular grains from ebay there are a number of sellers. Read the rest of the thread for more information.

Edited by aquapurity, 11 June 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#31 yupacne

yupacne

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Edited by yupacne, 07 August 2012 - 01:01 PM.

#32 aquapurity

aquapurity

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Is there a reason dehydrated grains aren't as good at the stuff that's already active? I really want to start this but I want to do it right.

I don't think you said in past posts, but what was the severity and type of your acne and where was is located?

Thanks.

Dehydrated grains take a long time to bring back to life and there is a greater risk that it will just be dead. Just buy regular grains which are already alive when you receive them. There is no reason for you to buy dehydrated.

I had moderate acne for 20 years sometimes severe. It mostly occurred on my forehead and temples and now have scars. At the worst times it was large cysts where the infections would last for months.

#33 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

i bought some dehydrated grains just now (before I saw this thread lol), but it's from a good source. i expect they will work.

dairy always made my acne worse, so having similar problems as u have, i think i might have a chance it will work....

#34 nafione

nafione

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

I'd like to know if anybody else has tried this with success or not. There are few testimonials on this site or google for a supposed miracle cure.

#35 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone else yet tried this? I want to hear feedback from others.
Whenever i take anything "alive": kombucha, probiotics, greek yogurt. I seem to breakout. I have never held out long enough to see if it was just an initial breakout. Is it possible that water kefir could do worse for your skin? Probiotics can be detrimental too. right?

I would like to hear more reviews as well!

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#36 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am guna try making some of this today....hope it works lol

#37 Is9744

Is9744

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

I ordered live organic water kefir grains and they should arrive arnd wednesday. I KNW my digestion is horrible and hopefully this helps a lot. I've taken probiotics before but noted no noticeable difference. They should arrive in about 5 days I will update after use.

#38 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have made it and its on its second day but the grains dont seem to be expanding....any ideas?

#39 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Okay just drank my first batch, the grains didnt expand much. I used one cup of spirng water, 2 tablespons of the grains, one table spoon of brown raw sugar and a pinch of salt, with a slice of lemon and some raisons....the taste is kind of bubbly, abit fizzy, it looks aweful but tastes okay.

#40 Demorph

Demorph

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

i received a message from lieko as well.
at first I was sceptical but today I finished brewing my first jar of water kefir. in two days I'll have a drink and will report back.