Started derma rolling 3 weeks ago. Bought my 1.5mm roller from Amazon for $27. Don't think it is the best roller but I'll keep it for now.
- Bio Oil $10 (CVS, Walgreens)
- Julie's Apeel Correct (perfectcomplexion.net)
- A multi-vitamin
- Lots of drinking water
I've been an acne sufferer since the age of 15. Took Accutane at age 16. Acne cleared until age 24 when I had a temporary recurrence due to a separate illness. I had surgery for my illness and had a remission in my acne until age 29. I am 30 now and dealing with some minor occasional breakouts when under stress.
Acne scars are about 15 years old and they include icepicks, boxscars, orange-peel, bumpy texture. Scars have been red ever since they emerged.
Schedule so far:
- First week I did 3 days of light-medium pressure rolling.
- Second week I did 3 days of light-medium pressure rolling.
- Third week I did 1 day of hard pressure rolling.
- Won't roll again for another 2 weeks.
I apply Julie's Apeel Correct then roll a few passes on each cheek and chin area. Thirty minutes later, I apply the Bio Oil.
Image below is first image BEFORE my first roll. I have seen some improvement so far, but cannot gauge how much because it is still too early in the game. Will update later with progress images.