body acne skin regimen moisturize pimples shoulders back chest

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jenny312

Jenny312

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:41 PM

Hi, i'm 14 and I've struggled with body acne for around 2 years. I feel like it's ruining my life. I can't wear any of the clothes I'd like to wear, especially dresses and tank tops, and I can't go swimming. I wash my skin in the morning and take a shower at night because I have hockey every day in the afternoon. I use the bp and then moisturize. It's working a little I guess but I want to be able to finally be confident and wear a dress to this dance coming up. Can i have some help? Does anyone have some tips or success with the body regimen?

#2 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me
  • Interests:art, tea, music, skincare

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:57 PM

The acne I get on my chest/back is so strictly diet related. If I eat ANY food that triggers acne for me, my chest is the first place I break out. When I stopped eating dairy, refined sugars, high sodium and processed foods my chest acne disappeared within a week. I don't use any harsh chemicals either. A lot of it could be your age though. I remember how out of sync my hormones were at age 14, your acne is likely caused by hormones. My acne was calmed down a bit when I started birth control pills (I was 15, I needed them for cycle irregularity), but that didn't really last for more than a year or two. Diet changes is really all that helped my chest acne. Even when I took accutane my chest didn't really clear up. I've been mostly clear lately though. Currently my chest isn't clear, I ate a few oranges this past week which has been causing my chest to break out. It's improving rapidly since I cut out the citrus fruits.

When I was younger and used BP products they had little to no effect on my chest acne, it was always more stubborn than the acne on my face. Have you been to see a dermatologist?

Edited by jennifer36, 02 January 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#3 Jenny312

Jenny312

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

Yes i've been to a dermatologist but they really haven't helped. Also, why would citrus fruits be bad? I try to eat healthy and drink lots of water. I'll try cutting out some of the foods you cut out to see if that improves it I guess! But also, just a quick question, are you supposed to treat it/wash it once a day or twice like the face regimen?

#4 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me
  • Interests:art, tea, music, skincare

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:21 PM

I wash once a day (just in the shower) but use chamomile lavender tea in the am+pm. In the pm I also use tea tree & e oil. Citrus fruits cause me to break out. I haven't looked into why yet, I just know that they cause me acne. Lots of other users especially in the nutrition & holistic health section on here have noticed the same thing though. I'm sure there is research about it somewhere about what the connection is, but I haven't looked into it yet since it's pretty clear to me that it's causing me to break out. Some foods just trigger acne in some people, generally when you have a sensitivity to said food.

#5 jokerj

jokerj

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:17 AM

it took me years to figure out that different parts of my body need different things
chest- paula's BHA liquid
back- dan's bp
face- retin-a

are you being consistent and using enough? also, hormones (a huge part of being 14) affect the body a lot more, so they may be the culprit
i was where you are now- believe me, it gets better in so many ways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users