Photo

Please Help Me.

acne neck acne back acne butt acne hormones whitehead whiteheads pus vegetarian depression

6 replies to this topic

#1 April Joy Williamsen

April Joy Williamsen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hello! So here's my story ... I've battled with acne for as long as I remember. I'm 21 now. Both my brother (25) and my sister (18) have suffered acne. My brother's acne cleared up around 22 and he hasn't had any problems since. My sister's acne is now in full swing although it started later than my brother's and mine. My mom died from breast cancer and my dad had severe mood swings and heart problems (I'm not sure if it's related, but whatever information might help.)

Some facts:
I get acne, not usually cystic but whiteheads, papules and pustules around my chin, mouth, occasionally cheeks, forehead, back, and just recently down the front of my neck. (The neck acne is the most difficult to get rid of.) My skin isn't that oily ... it just gets a little sheen around my T-zone. It used to be much worse but as I got older, the oil has regulated. In fact, I think it is worse now than it was when it was very oily.

I have tried tons of things. Tea tree oil helps (sometimes) with limited success. Retinol also helps (sometimes), but it loses its effectiveness over time. Only during certain times of the month does my skin get successfully treated, usually right after my period. It's like the moment I get my period, my skin suddenly accepts treatment, but before long (a week or two) it returns to being stubborn. Birth control has never helped, and only further instigated the problem. My periods, however, or normal, lasting 2-3 days, and I don't experience much pain or moodiness, just an increase in appetite.

I am prone to depression.

My fingernails and toenails are becoming increasingly brittle and easily broken and my tooth enamel has just recently become weaker to the point it is degenerating.

I also just recently developed a small lump in the side of my front neck, not visible, only felt.

I am a vegetarian.

I get very sore after exercising despite stretching for long periods of time.

A part of me is inclined to think it's iodine deficiency ... but I've only been a vegetarian for 3 years. I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm tired of being told it's a shame because I'm "such a beautiful girl". I want to have my confidence and I want to stop having acne gnaw at my emotional well-being. Any feedback would be appreciated. I want to be free.

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me
  • Interests:Reading, writing, trying new things, finding my inner strength through this struggle.

Acne has broken me down but i am hopefully that one day things will get better.

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

Defininitely get a check up to rule out anything medical (thyroid issues, vitamin deficiencies, food intolerances, blood sugar issues). I strongly believe that while there is a genetic component to acne, the fact that you are having these other issues may suggest something is amiss within your body. When i get my levels tested, i found that i was severely deficient in VIT D. Once i started taking supplements, i found that it improved my mood tremendously (my body felt different...happier). My acne is still the same so i am still on my quest to figure out the inner workings of my body Posted Image .

In the meantime, the org is a great place to research on topicals, natural solutions and holistic advice.

Good Luck with your journey.....i'll be cheering for you Posted Image

#3 April Joy Williamsen

April Joy Williamsen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thank you very much! I hope everything works out for you too!

#4 Carrie8793

Carrie8793

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Hi April,

I agree with Sasch, I think a check up would be the 1st thing to do.
Also, you might want to try Dermify, that is the acne solution I have been using with success. It is all organic and does not contain any chemicals that would harm your skin. They have glowing reviews on Amazon, check it out. anyway, good luck to you and keep us posted!

#5 trivium91

trivium91

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hello! So here's my story ... I've battled with acne for as long as I remember. I'm 21 now. Both my brother (25) and my sister (18) have suffered acne. My brother's acne cleared up around 22 and he hasn't had any problems since. My sister's acne is now in full swing although it started later than my brother's and mine. My mom died from breast cancer and my dad had severe mood swings and heart problems (I'm not sure if it's related, but whatever information might help.)

Some facts:
I get acne, not usually cystic but whiteheads, papules and pustules around my chin, mouth, occasionally cheeks, forehead, back, and just recently down the front of my neck. (The neck acne is the most difficult to get rid of.) My skin isn't that oily ... it just gets a little sheen around my T-zone. It used to be much worse but as I got older, the oil has regulated. In fact, I think it is worse now than it was when it was very oily.

I have tried tons of things. Tea tree oil helps (sometimes) with limited success. Retinol also helps (sometimes), but it loses its effectiveness over time. Only during certain times of the month does my skin get successfully treated, usually right after my period. It's like the moment I get my period, my skin suddenly accepts treatment, but before long (a week or two) it returns to being stubborn. Birth control has never helped, and only further instigated the problem. My periods, however, or normal, lasting 2-3 days, and I don't experience much pain or moodiness, just an increase in appetite.

My fingernails and toenails are becoming increasingly brittle and easily broken and my tooth enamel has just recently become weaker to the point it is degenerating.

I also just recently developed a small lump in the side of my front neck, not visible, only felt.

I am a vegetarian.

A part of me is inclined to think it's iodine deficiency ... but I've only been a vegetarian for 3 years. I don't even know what to do anymore. I'm tired of being told it's a shame because I'm "such a beautiful girl". I want to have my confidence and I want to stop having acne gnaw at my emotional well-being. Any feedback would be appreciated. I want to be free.

Awwe :(...i hate my skin aswell...im a guy and i wear coverup (bare minerals). If it makes you feel any better bad skin does not nesciarily make you less attractive and i know if the girl i was dating started to get bad skin it wouldnt matter to me.

I lift weights often, and i know alot about nutrition. I can tell you right now that being a vegatarian is NOT HEALTHY. You need balance...the second you told me you are sore after excersizing is pretty obvious that you are not getting the proper nutrients. I suggest a multi-vitamin, and to start eating meat. There are certain enzymes and minerals in meat that you're body cant do without. There are other ways you can get it without meat however im not quite sure what they are because i dont eat them, lol. First you need to focus on more protein, espescially since you are sore after excersizing because you are running your body down without repairing itself.

I really cant tell you much about your skin though, because ive tried everything myself with no avail. I Just bought clear skin max, and im awaiting arrival in the mail...Im sure if it helps i will provide a post.

#6 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

Some facts:

I am a vegetarian.

Awwe Posted Image...i hate my skin aswell...im a guy and i wear coverup (bare minerals). If it makes you feel any better bad skin does not nesciarily make you less attractive and i know if the girl i was dating started to get bad skin it wouldnt matter to me.

I lift weights often, and i know alot about nutrition. I can tell you right now that being a vegatarian is NOT HEALTHY. You need balance...the second you told me you are sore after excersizing is pretty obvious that you are not getting the proper nutrients. I suggest a multi-vitamin, and to start eating meat. There are certain enzymes and minerals in meat that you're body cant do without. There are other ways you can get it without meat however im not quite sure what they are because i dont eat them, lol. First you need to focus on more protein, espescially since you are sore after excersizing because you are running your body down without repairing itself.

I really cant tell you much about your skin though, because ive tried everything myself with no avail. I Just bought clear skin max, and im awaiting arrival in the mail...Im sure if it helps i will provide a post.

I totally agree. You are not getting enough nutrients and must eat meat for a complete source of protein, 3 yrs is a very very long time and enough time to develope a deficiency.

Your nails are just dead protein so you need to be eating meat, and healthy fats. I would definately look into treating your acne holistically and read a lot in the nutrition and holistic health section.

I've recently been reading about epigenitics and can tell you your acne is not GENETIC, it's Epigenic, which means you can alter it and get rid of acne with different diet/lifestyle choices.

My mom has severe acne and my brother has acne but it doesn't mean I HAVE to have acne, I recently got clear from a chhange in my diet in less than one month by avoiding the known acne triggers.

I think only using topicals would be a losing battle, you can apply and apply things to your skin but it will never get to the root of the problem: Why you get acne in the first place.

#7 April Joy Williamsen

April Joy Williamsen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

I appreciate the input, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my values and my devotion to not eating meat for the sake of curing my skin. I had acne since years and years BEFORE I became a vegetarian, and I get sore after exercise because I push myself so hard. I am definitely making sure I get enough protein from other sources. I would feel terribly guilty consuming meat again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users