antibiotics acne candida diet sugar probiotics probiotic

4 replies to this topic

#1 123199

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'm starting to wean off antibiotics!

From what I've researched, antibiotics kill both good (gut flora) and bad (candida) bacteria.
While weaning off antibiotics, would it be wise to approach it with an (anti)candida diet (to not allow bad bacteria to flourish, and keep them at bay)?

Logically, I assume this would inhibit the bad bacteria's growth, and along with probiotics, keep their levels low and eventually out-numbered!

So, SOUND GOOD?

#2 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Just stop taking them, they're poison.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#3 Michael93

Michael93

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

I've been prescribed so many antibiotics for my acne: minocycline, tetracycline, doxycycline, amoxicillin, and sulfameth/trimethoprin. They do more harm then good. Just stop taking them.

#4 Ivy.

Ivy.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 09:44 PM

I personally wouldn't just STOP the antibiotics cold turkey.

When I was on minocycline I tapered off. I Started from everyday, to every second day for 2 weeks, then every third day for 2 weeks, then every fourth day for two weeks.

I didn't get a flare up of acne by doing that.

#5 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:01 AM

I'm starting to wean off antibiotics!

From what I've researched, antibiotics kill both good (gut flora) and bad (candida) bacteria.
While weaning off antibiotics, would it be wise to approach it with an (anti)candida diet (to not allow bad bacteria to flourish, and keep them at bay)?

Logically, I assume this would inhibit the bad bacteria's growth, and along with probiotics, keep their levels low and eventually out-numbered!

Sure, follow an anti-candida diet if you want, since that means removing a lot of crap from your diet like sugar and other refined carbs. Of course, it also means removing good things from your diet like fruit and mushrooms...

What you want is to eat real, whole nutrient dense foods, more anti-inflammatory foods that inflammatory, in low to moderate glycemic load meals, drinks and snacks. And to avoid anything you have an intolerance for.

There's no point in taking any probiotics while you are taking the antibiotics.

Edited by alternativista, 03 January 2012 - 09:01 AM.

Status: Clear after 30 years. Wow, I guess it's been 6 years, now.

[ Story: Severe Acne since I was 10. 10+ years of Dermatologists, Antibiotics, topicals and ACCUTANE did nothing. Discovered oranges triggered the worst of my cystic acne = about 70% improvement. Tried some nutrient supplements like B-complex with zinc and C, saw palmetto and a BHA like the aspirin mask = more improvement, a lot less oily. Then, Diet changes = Clear.

Regimen: Anti-inflammatory, nutrient dense, blood sugar stabilizing diet and supplements (for hormones, inflammation, aging, health). No soap or other cleanser except for hand washing! Water only or Oil cleanse. Aloe Vera mixed with niacinimide and a high linoleic acid oil for moisturizer and reduce pigmentation.

Diet effects acne in so many ways: hormone balance, inflammation, Insulin levels, digestion, allergies and intolerances, liver function, adrenal function, SHBG levels, sebum quality, cell function and turnover, nutrient deficiencies, body fat, etc. Basic advice: Eat, sleep, supplement and exercise like you are a diabetic. And eat real food!

For more information, see my Good Things for Acne thread *Moderator edit - Please refer to the board rules (see “Advertising/soliciting”, “Linking” and “Signatures”)*

When you eat stuff, Stuff Happens!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users