3 replies to this topic

#1 Acne_Daniel

Acne_Daniel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hi.

I only trim my beard, but after trimming, I can still get some redness and overall irritated skin.
What can you guys recommend for less redness and irritation right after trimming my beard?

Thanks,
Daniel

#2 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

Hi.

I only trim my beard, but after trimming, I can still get some redness and overall irritated skin.
What can you guys recommend for less redness and irritation right after trimming my beard?

Thanks,
Daniel

this could be from an non-oiled trimmer head, or a dull trimmer head

Edited by steven m jacobson, 01 January 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#3 blackblake

blackblake

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Getting rid of acne.

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:50 AM

What type of shaving cream do you use?

#4 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

Are you using a generic beard trimmer without a guard on it? If yes, then I can see why it's shredding up your skin. (especially if you're pressing it on while shaving) Those things are pretty sharp.

I also do not wetshave because of my skin never really enjoying it.(mainly my neck, but it's been years since I've tried again, I'm too afraid to though). I had gotten one of the first philishave coolskin electric razors when they first came out and even that seemed to hack up my skin no matter how gentle I was with it. Then I decided to try the 'trimmer' attachment it comes with. It's basically equivalent to a hairdresser's 0. I think the reason it works so well is that the blades on it are actually not very sharp. I can press it into my face quite a bit to get as close as possible and still get 0 redness or pinching from it. I do have fairly 'thin' facial hair though. Someone with a thick coarse beard like say people of arab descent, might get pinched and pulled from it.

So far I've not found a better option. It does leave about 1/2mm stubble depending on how quickly I get it done. But I'm not super densely bearded so it looks fairly clean shaven when I do this.

i can't find a pic of it online but it's essentially just a clipper thing you swap out for the typical 3 circle shaving head thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users