Photo

Some Questions About Diet As Related To Hormones.

diet hormones birth control topical natural

This topic is archived.
21 replies to this topic

#21 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

In highschool I remember taking a bunch of my friend's mom's 10 mg sample packs of lexapro (like 60 mg altogether) throughout the day and my pupils getting HUGE. And when I started looking on the internet about taking too much I was like "oh my god what was I thinking".

When I went to work (chill little independent video store job) my boss asked me if I had taken acid or something. I told her no, just a bunch of antidepressants.

I felt pretty vacant/empty the whole day.

Edited by corgisoulpower, 02 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#22 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Lexapro worked fine for me for years - though, haaa at your experience - but something about the combination of ridding my body of it and the BCP did not go well ... O_O

It's annoying, though, because it's tempting to go back on the pill, even with my knowledge of how those hormones can mess with you. It's just such a convenient method of birth control. ;/

SSRIs are very intense medications, and research keeps finding other methods that work just as well as them (such as mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and meditation) ... I wish I had tried those for years before I kept shoving pills in my face!

Ah well. You live, you learn. :}