Photo

Some Questions About Diet As Related To Hormones.

diet hormones birth control topical natural

This topic is archived.
21 replies to this topic

#21 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me
  • Interests:I'm into written/spoken word, nutrition, astrology, and light roast coffee.

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

In highschool I remember taking a bunch of my friend's mom's 10 mg sample packs of lexapro (like 60 mg altogether) throughout the day and my pupils getting HUGE. And when I started looking on the internet about taking too much I was like "oh my god what was I thinking".

When I went to work (chill little independent video store job) my boss asked me if I had taken acid or something. I told her no, just a bunch of antidepressants.

I felt pretty vacant/empty the whole day.

Edited by corgisoulpower, 02 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

Instead of looking for the right person, become the right person.

If you treat your self/symptom with a lot more compassion, you'll find your skin heals much faster when it's not constantly in store for a thrashin'. Rather than blasting the sound of what you're currently treating your face with, the case may be you just need to change the station and re-evaluate you and your skin's relationship . It's easier than you think to relate with, because much like mainstream radio emotions always make for underrated yet relevant statements.

My website is in progress and will probably benefit you in some way.

#22 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Lexapro worked fine for me for years - though, haaa at your experience - but something about the combination of ridding my body of it and the BCP did not go well ... O_O

It's annoying, though, because it's tempting to go back on the pill, even with my knowledge of how those hormones can mess with you. It's just such a convenient method of birth control. ;/

SSRIs are very intense medications, and research keeps finding other methods that work just as well as them (such as mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and meditation) ... I wish I had tried those for years before I kept shoving pills in my face!

Ah well. You live, you learn. :}
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."