Photo

Vitamin C Question...help!

vitamin vitamins rosacea

This topic is in the process of being archived.
8 replies to this topic

#1 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:49 AM

I hope I'm posting in a right section Posted Image

So my strange problem is...I've been taking 1000mg vit c pills for a year now and I tried to stop or switch product a few times but I always get a weird reaction on my face! I always start getting many tiny white pimples on my cheeks, if I don't take these pills every day! What does this reaction mean? Same thing happened when I tried a lower dose or other kind (chevable or the ones that you dissolve in water).

Vit C really helps my acne but I hate taking the huge pills...

btw I never used to get such tiny white pimples before I started taking this.

edit: Turns out I have acne rosacea and vit C helps me...

Edited by makethatchange, 10 January 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#2 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

Don't know offhand, but there are many ways vitamin C helps acne. You do know your body can't usually use 1,000 mgs at a given time unless you are sick or injured. You need vitamin C throughout the day. Unfortunately, it's hard to find anything smaller than 500 mgs pills, but 200 or so several times per day would be better. Or you could eat fresh fruit and veggies.

#3 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:24 AM

Don't know offhand, but there are many ways vitamin C helps acne. You do know your body can't usually use 1,000 mgs at a given time unless you are sick or injured. You need vitamin C throughout the day. Unfortunately, it's hard to find anything smaller than 500 mgs pills, but 200 or so several times per day would be better. Or you could eat fresh fruit and veggies.

I tried 200mg a day for 2 weeks and got the many tiny white bumps reaction. It says 1 per day on the box but you think I could take 2 or more?

#4 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:09 AM

You can take quite a few thousand mgs per day. Cut back the amount if it causes a laxative affect. Many people consider that point your threshold.

However, your body can't use more than a couple hundred mgs at a time unless you are sick or injured. and it stays in your body for about 3-4 hours. That's why, like with all water soluble nutrients, you need it throughout the day, a few hundred milligrams at a time.

One of the ways vitamin C helps is by being a natural antihistimine. And of course, it's anti-inflammatory.

#5 Guest_Adelle_*

Guest_Adelle_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:16 AM

I know people all get a warm and fuzzy feeling when they think of vitamin-C...
A little vitamin-C water on a problem spot if its not to strong sure cant hurt any thing and it may help ....

If you make your mix as stong as you can in order to kill a BCC or some other nasty thing this is a whole different ball game....

A highly concentrated vitamin-C mix is so ascitic it will burn your skin like a acid..Healthy skin and bad..If you put it on a open sore the pain is quite bad... I burned the *rap out of my skin with this..My skin healed just fine but its not some thing I want to do again...

Brain Supplements

#6 harleyquinn1801

harleyquinn1801

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 02:27 AM

thats strange cuz the same thing happens to me but only when I take vitamin c, not when i stop using it. Like everytime i take it, i notice these white heads all over my cheeks. I feel like the vitamin c makes me purge or i have a weird reaction to it?? so i stopped taking it

#7 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

Mystery solved...sort of...I was at a dermatologist and he told me I have acne rosacea. So maybe vit C has been helping me to keep those tiny pimples away most of the time. I'll see what happens when I get the medication. If it works, I'll stop with vit C. Btw I didn't tell him about my vit C "cure"...

thats strange cuz the same thing happens to me but only when I take vitamin c, not when i stop using it. Like everytime i take it, i notice these white heads all over my cheeks. I feel like the vitamin c makes me purge or i have a weird reaction to it?? so i stopped taking it

Hmm odd...How many days do you take it until you get such a reaction?

edit: I googled rosacea and vitamin C and it seem it has helped some other people too! I will research some more on this :)

Edited by makethatchange, 10 January 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#8 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

I have rosacea. The derm who diagnosed it was the only derm that was ever of any use to me and the topical was the only topical a derm ever prescribed to me that worked. However, I later discovered that aloe vera gel works just as well. And an anti-inflammatory diet and nutrients work even better.

I'm not sure why you'd rather apply chemicals to your fact than to consume nutrients.

#9 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

I have rosacea. The derm who diagnosed it was the only derm that was ever of any use to me and the topical was the only topical a derm ever prescribed to me that worked. However, I later discovered that aloe vera gel works just as well. And an anti-inflammatory diet and nutrients work even better.

I'm not sure why you'd rather apply chemicals to your fact than to consume nutrients.

But he didn't prescribe any chemicals for my face to me.

#10 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

So he gave you an oral drug? My point still stands.

Edited by alternativista, 10 January 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#11 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

So he gave you an oral drug? My point still stands.

Nothing yet, I need to get some tests done first (blood etc).

#12 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

Try applying aloe vera gel.

#13 JenniferKim

JenniferKim

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

If the medication your doctor prescribes doesn't work out, and you still continue to take a vitamin-C supplement to help with your acne, I would suggest trying a different brand of vitamin-C with a different delivery system than conventional vitamin-C supplements. You said you don't like taking huge pills in order to get the supplement if this is still the case then i would suggest Altrient-C. Altrient C is a high-performance vitamin-C formula with a Liposome Encapsulated Delivery (LED) system that puts more usable vitamin C right where your body needs it most. If you think this could be an option for you just check out their website it's very informative and could provide you more information then I can.

-JennK

#14 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

Try applying aloe vera gel.

I used it for only a few days a year ago but didn't get results (fruit of the earth 100% gel). Did I give up too fast? I still have it so maybe I could try again :)

#15 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:22 AM

If the medication your doctor prescribes doesn't work out, and you still continue to take a vitamin-C supplement to help with your acne, I would suggest trying a different brand of vitamin-C with a different delivery system than conventional vitamin-C supplements. You said you don't like taking huge pills in order to get the supplement if this is still the case then i would suggest Altrient-C. Altrient C is a high-performance vitamin-C formula with a Liposome Encapsulated Delivery (LED) system that puts more usable vitamin C right where your body needs it most. If you think this could be an option for you just check out their website it's very informative and could provide you more information then I can.

-JennK

You can also consume it in food throughout the day as we are meant to. Add some lemon juice to your water.

#16 makethatchange

makethatchange

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

-JennK

You can also consume it in food throughout the day as we are meant to. Add some lemon juice to your water.

ok I'll try to do that more often, I love lemons :)