Photo

Why Don't Asians/ Japanese Have Perfect Skin If They Eat Loads Of Rice?

rice asians paleo bad carbs diet vitamin vitamins biotin candida

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#21 UncleBob

UncleBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Rice has been eaten for a long time. Today the majority of the world consumes it to some degree, and I've yet to hear of some major pandemic of acne coming from those parts. The fears surrounding rice, as shown in this thread, is basically unfounded. Anecdotally I can state with absolute certainty that rice does not break me out, no matter how much of it I consume. Milk and sugar, and perhaps to some degree bread, on the other hand breaks me out within hours (small minute pustules) to days (cystic acne). These foodtypes are fairly common in the Western world, where not so coincidentally too the highest rates of acne also occur.

Concerning Indian food, I regularly consume it. However it has to be prepared correctly, else it will also cause or exacerbate acne. Eliminate daihn (yoghurt), don't cook with ghee, avoid all indian desserts, avoid roti & naan, etc... I also want to dispel the aura of the acne-less Indian. As a kid I studied in an international school with many Indian kids. Many had acne, just like me. The end.

#22 Myadultacnecure

Myadultacnecure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

this isn't true.....i live in japan, but am californian (white).

japanese girls are really good at applying makeup and...it seems to go on their skin better for some reason. some guys wear it too...

also a lot of ppl eat lots of candies and eat lots of pastries etc...its a myth ppl just eat sashimi and veggies here ha a lot of ppl hardly even get fruits because of the costs and lots of stuff is deep fried

ps: i think the reason more asians in america (and elsewhere outside asia) have more acne is because of the beauty standards.......the same thing is true about hair, makeup, clothing, weight, fragrance, etc...its more competitive!

Edited by Acne-Fighter_Cel3ne, 30 December 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#23 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:44 PM

japanese girls are really good at applying makeup and...it seems to go on their skin better for some reason. some guys wear it too...

also a lot of ppl eat lots of candies and eat lots of pastries etc...its a myth ppl just eat sashimi and veggies here ha a lot of ppl hardly even get fruits because of the costs and lots of stuff is deep fried

ps: i think the reason more asians in america (and elsewhere outside asia) have more acne is because of the beauty standards.......the same thing is true about hair, makeup, clothing, weight, fragrance, etc...its more competitive!

well said, ive been to japan on a vaca, it is a myth

#24 Myadultacnecure

Myadultacnecure

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

Thank you Steven (^o^)/☆♪

While on the topic of asian myths, just want to clarify that asians are not naturally super thin aka. eat whatever and never worry about their weight! People are always on diets here...even my Chinese friends parents' call them "fat" if they gain a couple pounds so...there is more pressure! And there are more extremes in asia...like 0 calorie jelly meals and 80 calorie premade meals sold all over~they even have socks u sleep in that supposedly help u lose weight...sold all over! i heard there are tapeworm pills and botox for legs in other places in asia...

So...just try your hardest! You are not at a disadvantage because of ur race.。。。i guess that is my point he (^_-) 頑張ってください〜☆

#25 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

While on the topic of asian myths, just want to clarify that asians are not naturally super thin aka. eat whatever and never worry about their weight! People are always on diets here...even my Chinese friends parents' call them "fat" if they gain a couple pounds so...there is more pressure! And there are more extremes in asia...like 0 calorie jelly meals and 80 calorie premade meals sold all over~they even have socks u sleep in that supposedly help u lose weight...sold all over! i heard there are tapeworm pills and botox for legs in other places in asia...

So...just try your hardest! You are not at a disadvantage because of ur race.。。。i guess that is my point he (^_-) 頑張ってください〜☆

You're welcome.

Yea, this thread is racist, to say the least. I see it as peoples easy excuse for their problems.

#26 crystalthelondonlover

crystalthelondonlover

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

Well to be fair curry is usually great skin food. Posted Image Think about it, veggies, spices, coconut.... good for ya.

I don't think I've ever seen an indian with acne. Am i gonna ask if it's the curry? No.

I don't think I've ever seen an indian with acne. Am i gonna ask if it's the curry? No.

It's all their veggie and spice rich foods. And they don't actually make any dishes they call curry.

Brilliant! Plus, they probably don't eat as much sugar and wheat as we do, and if they do have sweet foods, they balance out with all those good foods!
Since they have eaten well since childhood they are better off that us/

You're welcome.

Yea, this thread is racist, to say the least. I see it as peoples easy excuse for their problems.

Oh my gosh! I am in no why way I trying to be racist! I am so sorry if it seems that way! As a woman of color and not even born in this country, I get where you are coming from. But I only meant in their home cultures, like natural habitat. The study of the Papua New Guniea people proves that it's diet.. Not one person had acne. Those people in their natural enviorment are healthy and acne free. I only meant how is it that a diet with rice and soy was remaining so acne free. Obviously once westernized they get acne too.

Rice has been eaten for a long time. Today the majority of the world consumes it to some degree, and I've yet to hear of some major pandemic of acne coming from those parts. The fears surrounding rice, as shown in this thread, is basically unfounded. Anecdotally I can state with absolute certainty that rice does not break me out, no matter how much of it I consume. Milk and sugar, and perhaps to some degree bread, on the other hand breaks me out within hours (small minute pustules) to days (cystic acne). These foodtypes are fairly common in the Western world, where not so coincidentally too the highest rates of acne also occur.

Concerning Indian food, I regularly consume it. However it has to be prepared correctly, else it will also cause or exacerbate acne. Eliminate daihn (yoghurt), don't cook with ghee, avoid all indian desserts, avoid roti & naan, etc... I also want to dispel the aura of the acne-less Indian. As a kid I studied in an international school with many Indian kids. Many had acne, just like me. The end.

YAY for rice! I am from Trinidad and Tobago. Small Island nation, and my family never had acne or skin conditions like I do (I live in America with my dad now), but they have had acne during puberty, and bumps from time to time, and they do consume a lot of wheat with sweat breads and rotti, also dairy, which is probably their main causes of acne because they are very healthy, consuming rice, natural meats, fruits, veggies, coconut, and curries.

Edited by crystalthelondonlover, 31 December 2011 - 02:36 AM.

#27 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:29 AM

I think you are clearly missing the point. If you have never been somewhere how can you say anything about it? Cuz I read it in a book? Cuz I watched national geographic? Get real with yourself.

#28 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

The fears surrounding rice, as shown in this thread, is basically unfounded. Anecdotally I can state with absolute certainty that rice does not break me out, no matter how much of it I consume.

And I can state with absolute certainty that it does, for me. So (at least on my part) it isn't fear spreading, it's helping people get better. Of course people without acne or health problems can eat rice and it doesn't cause acne. I'm here in the interest of helping people with already destroyed systems get well. When the system is already very sick it often means giving up all hard to digest foods, like all grains and dairy, for even a period of time in order to heal. Because for many of us, gluten free simply wasn't enough. Our systems were already too ill to handle rice without it causing breakouts and other problems in the body.

I also want to dispel the aura of the acne-less Indian. As a kid I studied in an international school with many Indian kids. Many had acne, just like me. The end.

Yes, I think we need to move past any "this culture doesn't have acne and they eat this and this and this!" sort of talk... because people all over the world have acne. They do.

#29 Mindwitch

Mindwitch

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

you people on here really need to relaxe. i doubt the thread started was trying to be perfect. its a very well known sterotype that asians seem to have really good skin and seem to be very thin. i live in china town and while there are some people with acne a LARGE majority of them appear to have near perfect skin.

#30 FaceValues

FaceValues

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 16
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

I think you are clearly missing the point. If you have never been somewhere how can you say anything about it? Cuz I read it in a book? Cuz I watched national geographic? Get real with yourself.

C'mon, guys. Steven went on a vaca once so he knows more than everyone here. PLUS you're all racist for not going to Japan but starting topics based on your curiosity of its people. From now on, don't talk about anything and keep all your observations to yourself, mmm'kay?

#31 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

C'mon, guys. Steven went on a vaca once so he knows more than everyone here. PLUS you're all racist for not going to Japan but starting topics based on your curiosity of its people. From now on, don't talk about anything and keep all your observations to yourself, mmm'kay?

Pathetic.

#32 alternativista

alternativista

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

Pathetic.

She was being facetious.

#33 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

What kind of weird reasoning is that?

Anyway, this has gone on long enough for now, To anyone whose only intention is to troll this thread or insult other members, rest assured that you'll get a warning. Stay on topic or stay out of it. Thank you!

#34 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

What kind of weird reasoning is that?

Anyway, this has gone on long enough for now, To anyone whose only intention is to troll this thread or insult other members, rest assured that you'll get a warning. Stay on topic or stay out of it. Thank you!

Go head and threaten me, I was on topic, and if you actually read the posts you would be aware of that, as I and another member agreed, she actually lives in Japan and I recently visited. Go head get mad, ban me, I would just open another account. Also, just as you do so, please note that you will be only hurting some members here, as I frequently have advice and PMs from many members.

#35 AKL

AKL

Retired Mod

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Go head and threaten me, I was on topic, and if you actually read the posts you would be aware of that, as I and another member agreed, she actually lives in Japan and I recently visited. Go head get mad, ban me, I would just open another account. Also, just as you do so, please note that you will be only hurting some members here, as I frequently have advice and PMs from many members.

Me? Threatening you? Where did you get that idea? Unless maybe you think you were trolling this thread or insulting other members. Otherwise I don't see the need for you to respond this way.

Back to the topic at hand now.