Photo

To All You Ladies Out There With Foundation Q's, Talk To Me <3

makeup foundation primer oily skin makeupforever red marks full coverage concealer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#1 LiveTieDye

LiveTieDye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

Alright, this is for everyone out there who has skin issues, and wants to cover them up. Now i know treating is very important, but this post will not be about treating, its about covering. Now I have had my battle with just about every foundation out there, and I think I may have found a good regime for just about everyone who needs coverage.

BEST PRIMER EVER: Philosophy: the present, 25$ at sephora for 2floz. Now maybe your thinking thats expensive, but most drugstore primers are 10-12 dollars for 1oz, so actually you are getting a GREAT deal.

Explanation to this primer: OMG ITS LIKE GLUE. Literally had trouble with foundation slipping and caking and looking all gross after like 2hrs, well now I can go the whole day and not touch up. NEVER in my life did I think i would find something like this. SERIOUSLY INVEST IN THIS. It will boost your confidence and make you want to see people because your makeup will still look as perfect as when you put it on.

CONS: it makes foundation harder to blend, but im sure you can find a technique to work for you.

FOUNDATIONS I BELIEVE IN: Make Up FOrever HD FOUNDATION: this is a holy god of makeup. Alright, they have about 23 shades, which means you WILL find the right one, and the coverage is really good for how flawless it looks. The coverage is a good medium, but its perfect if you wear a good concealer on places you need extra. It has a somewhat dewy finish, but its now like water face look, its more of a glowy, natural look of skin, without the whole natural look crap. Natural looking foundation would be like wearing no foundation, and let me tell you, that will not hide the redness. This foundation gets rid of ALL redness, and it looks so beautiful on the skin.
I am shade 120, which is a light-medium shade with yellow undertones. If your not yellow like i am, do not get this shade lol.

DERMABLEND: I use dermablend's medium cover foundation on my really dark purple scars. I put this on top of the MUFE HD, and it blends really nicely. I look flawless in sunlight, which is something I never have felt before. I used to be scared of the sun, but now I found items that help me. This foundation was made for problematic skin, and the coverage is the best ive seen. It truly is good, but BE CAREFUL because it could easily look cakey.

POWDER: I have powder foundation, its gross. People with acne, oily skin, whatever problem, it just makes you look worse. PLEASE dump this stuff in the garbage, its terrible. It makes all the hairs stand out on your face, and the coverage is not good. Plus minerals irritate acne because they dry the skin, even if its oily.
However, Setting Powder is a good thing on top of a liquid/creme foundation. I use dermablend pressed powder, however any pressed will work.

TECHNIQUES FOR FOUNDATION APPLICATION: ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS, use a wet sponge. This was the greatest thing ever invented. Take a sponge, and submerge it in water. Then, squeeze all the water out until sponge is damp. Apply foundation with it. It will make the foundation seamless, and you can add layers onto your face without it caking up.

POWDER APPLICATION: Use a powder puff(can be purchased at any drugstore) and lightly roll the puff over your face. NEVER NEVER EVER, take a brush and dust it all over your face. This will wipe off a lot of the pigment you had on your face. The powder puff method allows like 97% of your foundation to still be there, and also being able to set it. Bare in mind that setting your foundation is important however not necessary if using philosophy THE PRESENT primer.

Highlighting/contouring: This is great for acneic skin. It draws less attention to the zits and more on how flawless your skin looks. Use a matte bronzer and dust it underneath your cheekbones. Highlighting will also make the skin look healthy and beautiful.

I am thinking about making a youtube channel and showing everyone how to do all these things I have previously said, so give me a shoutout if you would like me to make videos on beauty things like this. I would love to show everyone how to feel their best :)

#2 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

Another person that likes mufe hd ^_^

I think that's a good idea if you want to make videos.

#3 Ivy.

Ivy.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 13
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I use dermablend for my dark purple acne scars. It works quite nicely. It CAN look cakey if you don't pat it in well enough. Usually I put it on the back of my hand and just dip one of my fingers into it and pat it around over the mark and surrounding skin.

The problem is, is if you're really light skinned you'll have to find maybe a more "full coverage" foundation instead of something sheer....derma blend only has like 5-6 shades and I have the lightest shade and its VERY dark (of course, because it's a foundation made to cover up bad imperfections).

#4 betsy91

betsy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 02:31 AM

I jus bought the forever hd foundation yesterday(: so in love with it! Maybe I'll post pictures when I have time(:

#5 LiveTieDye

LiveTieDye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

@Vampireninja09 yes, I truly think it's an amazing foundation. The shade range is probably why I like it so much, because it caters to every skin tone literally. I am going to invest in a camera this week, I am looking for an HD camera where that has a screen where I could see myself while filming, so if anyone knows of one thats cheap, good quality, im here lol.

@Ivy. have you ever tried MUFE HD? it has serious coverage. I know that Dermablend's shades are awful...very yellow which works for me however if you dont have a medium skin tone, they dont really do much for anyone. I would also recommend Estee Lauder Doublewear.

@betsy91 oh see :) it is quite amazing. I heard so much hype i had to buy it too :) lol. It's costly however ive had mine since mid september and i use two pumps everyday sometimes i redo my makeup after school if im going out and im still using it. Thats like 4 months of use and I use quite a bit EVERYDAY lol! post pics!

#6 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

I jus bought the forever hd foundation yesterday(: so in love with it! Maybe I'll post pictures when I have time(:

Good choice :) It's my favorite. I always want to quit using it because it's so expensive, but I always go back to it. It's the best. I'm actually getting more tomorrow when I go to Sephora.

#7 dvw1986

dvw1986

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

I'd like to see a video on this! I need help with the highlighting and contouring especially, but would like to see your whole routine as well.

#8 goofyrfy

goofyrfy

Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:56 PM

I actually really like powder foundation... haha its worked really well for me, I'm sorry you didn't like it though. Everyone's face is different I guess. :) Thanks for the primer tip though, I use smashbox which is like the best primer I've ever used.... but its REALLY expensive, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

#9 LiveTieDye

LiveTieDye

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:54 AM

I'd like to see a video on this! I need help with the highlighting and contouring especially, but would like to see your whole routine as well.

hehe okay! I just need to find an hd video camera worth buying :) Highlighting and contouring still tricks me, however i feel im pretty good at it

#10 betsy91

betsy91

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:08 AM

This is me with the makeupforever HD foundation!

foreverhd makeup

foreverhd makeup

:( IB from BCPs' width='180' height='240' alt='No makeup :( IB from BCPs' id='sml_image_view_44850' />

and no makeup!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH Posted Image took alot to put that

#11 Cherryx

Cherryx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

This is me with the makeupforever HD foundation!

I can't see the photos :(

and no makeup!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH Posted Image took alot to put that

Oops...what happened? I ment to say....I cannot see your photos.

#12 adalyn

adalyn

Like a Boss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:41 PM

I'm iffy about MUFE HD primarily because it's terrible without a primer - dry skin and flakes are more prominent without the primer.

But when you use a primer before it MUFE HD looks amazing.

I just bought a MUFE complexion starter kit and have been using the HD Primer, HD Foundation, and HD Setting Powder for over 3 weeks now (not every day of course) but I haven't broken out from it at all. So I'm gonna continue to use it. IT really does look awesome in daylight - it looks very natural as long as you don't cake it on, and conceal only in the areas where you need it. The coverage is pretty buildable too.

#13 Samsamsamsamsam

Samsamsamsamsam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

Do you know of any good tinted moisturizers? :)

#14 Pocket

Pocket

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

I love this topic! I would love to see some of your beauty videos if and when you make them :]

@Samsamsamsamsam i'm currently using Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. The one in the dark tube (Oil-free). I LOVE it! It's pricey ($42) but you hardly need any and i've had it for a year now. It offers amazing coverage and moisture. I apply ELF (eyeslipsface.com) HD setting powder over it with a powder puff (always a clean one). Now what can anyone tell me about some under eye concealers?!

#15 Kittyx3

Kittyx3

• New Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

Atm I'm using Clinques Anti-Blemish Foundation, the cover is alright, not amazing though - But it dosen't irritate my skin or break me out
But it does go orange on my very pale skin if I try to apply another layer.
(I can't touch powder or mineral make up, if I do = eczema)
Really like the look of the HD foundation, bit of a hinderance it has so many shades & you can't buy it online, maybe ebay.
The nearest store is London, to far away for me to find out the closest shade to my skin Posted Image
Anyone know of a foundation for pale skin (with maybe? slight yellow undertones) that gives really great coverage but still looks natural enough?

Edited by Kittyx3, 01 January 2012 - 06:08 AM.

#16 Cherryx

Cherryx

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:32 AM

L'Oreal True Match is actually pretty good. They have lots of shades and are perfect for fair skin (no orange undertones)
After trying expensive foundations, I think that L'Oreal can compete with them. Coverage is pretty good too.

#17 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:15 PM

^I used to wear loreal. The coverage is good yes, and they do have a good range of shades, I'll give them off. That was one of the main reasons why I used it for so long, heh heh...because I found an exact match to my skin tone. The drawbacks of it being drying though (just my opinion of course) made me switch. My skin always looked flaky when I wore it. Maybe it's just because I was using a pale shade though, I don't know.

#18 themakeupmommy1

themakeupmommy1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Atm I'm using Clinques Anti-Blemish Foundation, the cover is alright, not amazing though - But it dosen't irritate my skin or break me out
But it does go orange on my very pale skin if I try to apply another layer.
(I can't touch powder or mineral make up, if I do = eczema)
Really like the look of the HD foundation, bit of a hinderance it has so many shades & you can't buy it online, maybe ebay.
The nearest store is London, to far away for me to find out the closest shade to my skin Posted Image
Anyone know of a foundation for pale skin (with maybe? slight yellow undertones) that gives really great coverage but still looks natural enough?

If you wanted to hunt down the MUFE HD you would probably be shade 117. That is the lightest one with yellow undertones. Also Boots No. 7 lifting and firming foundation is wonderful as well. I actually prefer the Boots one most of the time instead of the HD

#19 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:56 PM

I like Hourglass tinted moisturizer a lot so far.

#20 Sima

Sima

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 18
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I use Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel, found in the Feminine Care aisle in any drugstore, as a primer. Its main ingredient is dimethicone (silicone). Costs $7 and can easily compare to Smashbox or any of those other high-end brands. I use it all over my eyes, too. It makes removing eye makeup so much easier!