Photo

ANYONE ever used the DERMA WAND?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 jade80

jade80

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:12 AM

Anyone ever bought the DERMA WAND..it fits comfortable in ur hand and has a small bulb at the end and you plug it in and it send little currencies into your skin. What it does it exfoliate and produce LARGE amounts of oxygen for your skin. If you have a pimple it says you glide it over it for about 30-40 seconds! It actually does work great and reduces the spot about 80-90% by teh next night and its good to prevent wrinkles. I bought mine at the shoping channel a few yrs ago for $100.00. Im not consistent with it just because sometimes I get lazy using it but when I do I get great results! I just started again tonight! It also refines pores and leaves your skin smooth!

#2 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 193
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 06:04 PM

how's it goin jade?

anyone else on derma wand?

#3 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

I've been using the Dermawand off and on for quite a few years. In fact, I've worn out 2 and am on my third Dermawand plus I have a fourth in storage as backup. It works similarly to the high frequency treatments offered by estheticians. My esthetician recommended about 3 or more consecutive treatments on a daily basis when I broke out. Her tool uses a larger glass probe and can generate much higher electrical pulses. However, it became expensive and I had to drive all the way to her office almost every day.

I find the Dermawand is somewhat satisfactory with respect to blemishes and it works quite well for exfoliatiing. You don't always need to treat blemishes at full power either. However, I find that the stimulating effect of the device causes my skin to produce even more oil than I need on my oily skin. As such, I use it only on an as needed basis although they recommend treating the skin at least twice daily for preventative measures.

For those who are interested in purchasing the device, look for it under the Dermawand name or the new Oxylight. I read the frequency is somewhat different on the Oxylight. Perhaps they redesigned it to last longer so the bulb doesn't burn out as easily.

#4 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(Heartless @ Jun 12 2006, 10:50 AM) View Post

I've been using the Dermawand off and on for quite a few years. In fact, I've worn out 2 and am on my third Dermawand plus I have a fourth in storage as backup. It works similarly to the high frequency treatments offered by estheticians. My esthetician recommended about 3 or more consecutive treatments on a daily basis when I broke out. Her tool uses a larger glass probe and can generate much higher electrical pulses. However, it became expensive and I had to drive all the way to her office almost every day.

I find the Dermawand is somewhat satisfactory with respect to blemishes and it works quite well for exfoliatiing. You don't always need to treat blemishes at full power either. However, I find that the stimulating effect of the device causes my skin to produce even more oil than I need on my oily skin. As such, I use it only on an as needed basis although they recommend treating the skin at least twice daily for preventative measures.

For those who are interested in purchasing the device, look for it under the Dermawand name or the new Oxylight. I read the frequency is somewhat different on the Oxylight. Perhaps they redesigned it to last longer so the bulb doesn't burn out as easily.

any improvement on appearance of pore size?

thanks for sharing. smile.gif

#5 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

It takes quite a while to see a small improvement in pore size. Using a strong glycolic peel will give you temporary improvement in your pores (depending on how severe they are). However, to date, I haven't found anything that can permanently shrink your pores. There are cosmetics on the market to make them appear invisible by filling them in but, again, this is only temporary and may lead to breakouts.

Good luck.

#6 answerme

answerme

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE(Heartless @ Jun 13 2006, 10:10 AM) View Post

It takes quite a while to see a small improvement in pore size. Using a strong glycolic peel will give you temporary improvement in your pores (depending on how severe they are). However, to date, I haven't found anything that can permanently shrink your pores. There are cosmetics on the market to make them appear invisible by filling them in but, again, this is only temporary and may lead to breakouts.

Good luck.

i guess i really need to keep searching for the perfect solution to my pore size problem. it's the one that bothers me most. it's really unsightly. anyway, thanks a lot for the input. i'll still look into those treatments. smile.gif

#7 balloonhead

balloonhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 June 2006 - 02:08 AM

Heartless (or anyone else with experience),

Does the dermawnd give you a glow or something after using it? I've heard people say it gives them a nice dewy, fresh look and was just wondering if this was anything like the look your face has after a shower after vigourous exercise (if you know what i mean - that bright glowing look)

Does it help even your skin tone if you use it all over because this is my main problem. And how does it do that? (i.e. does it get rid of red marks temporarily or changes tone of skin surrounding red marks. Thanks any input appreciated smile.gif

#8 Heartless

Heartless

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

balloonhead, if you want a quick fix for your red marks, Dermawand may not be the best option. It works by using electricity to produce tiny little flashes of "lightning bolts" in the glass probe which, when it comes close to or in direct contact with the skin's surface, lightly zaps the skin. When this occurs, ozone gas is emitted. This process occurs probably millions of times in continuous rapid succession.

The ozone will help to cleanse the skin and kill bacteria. The zapping or stippling action of the "lightening bolts" will stimulate the skin causing it to increase collagen production. Also, whatever product you apply on the skin prior to using the Dermawand will penetrate better and deeper because of the stippling action. After using it for a while, the skin will become tighter and more firmer from the increased collagen production, which may help in the healing process of your red marks.

As for a glow, the stippling action can irritate the skin somewhat thereby giving it a rosy appearance which will dissipate relatively quickly depending on your skin's sensitivity. Therefore I would equate it's effect to scrubbing your face with a terry washcloth - the rosy appearance is on the surface of the skin rather than eminating from within the skin as after a workout. I also find that the stimulating effect also increases the skin's oil production which can make it look shiny.

Further, the stippling action also increases the rate at which your skin loosens dead skin cells. (I won't use the term "exfoliation" because I find you still need to manually "exfoliate" to remove the dead skin cells loosened by the Dermawand otherwise they'll just sit on the skin's surface). Some believe exfoliation is the key to increasing the rate at which the skin heals (which may help even out your skin tone) and it will help to keep the pores clear.

You also need to be aware that acne scars originate from far deep within the skin's surface. Exfoliation (manually or chemically) has a tendency to reveal the deep scars so you may look worse before you look better.

The bottom line is Dermawand may work for you, but it will take time to see the desired results. Also don't overuse the device as it may overstimulate the skin leading to excess oil production and possibly further breakouts.

I hope this helps you decide whether or not to give the Dermawand a try. Good luck.

#9 balloonhead

balloonhead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:51 AM

thanks for that, just need to decide if i should buy it or not now!