This topic is archived.
78 replies to this topic

#61 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hi guys, Wednesday's log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk and lemon curd), 1 mug of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO and 1 multivit

Lunch - 2 fried eggs, sunflower oil, table salt, ground black pepper, 1 red tea, 1 peppermint tea

Dinner - Stir Fry (carrots, peas, mushrooms, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, button onions, vegetable oil and canned sardines in tomato puree and salt), ice cream wafer sandwich

Tea - 1 apple, 1 cup of orange squash, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup
Agera scrub AM, Aloe lip therapy

Sleep/Exercise
Bed at 01:00, woke at 08:00

Comments
Acne getting better, though I picked at a couple on my jaw line
Mild pelvic pain

Edited by Peony7, 03 February 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#62 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

Hi guys, Thursday's log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 cup of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO, 1 multivit
Lunch - 1 apple, 1 cup of peppermint tea, 2 celery sticks with humus
Dinner - 2 eggs scrambled with table salt, ground black pepper and tomato salsa, 1 cup of red tea
Tea - 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple, 3 EPO, 1 cup of orange squash, some wedding cake (lemon sponge, lemon buttercream, icing)

Skincare/Makeup
Plain warm water, Simple toner, TT moist, aloe lip therapy tin all AM

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 00:00, woke 07:00

Comments
Sleeping has been a bit better
Ache/pain in my right leg and slight ache in pelvis
Am wondering whether it is sugar consumption that made the ache worse since it is inflammatory and I had the wedding cake earlier
Need to update pics in my log
I did take pics last weekend and I looked awful, really bad dark blue skin under eyes, rest of skin was very sallow. I think I need to make sure I am eating foods wth more iron

#63 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

Hi guys, Friday's log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 cup of green vanilla tea, 1 glass of water, 3 EPO, 1 multivit
Lunch - 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 cup of red tea
Dinner - Lentil soup (red lentils, celery, white onion, stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ground dried coriander, ground dried chili, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower oil)
Tea - 1 cup of red tea, 1 glass of water, 3 EPO

Skincare/Makeup
Plain warm water, Simple Toner, TT moist

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 00:00, woke 07:30

Comments
Ache/pain in my right leg - but not as bad as Thurs and slight ache in pelvis

#64 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hi guys - Saturday's Log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk), 1 mug of black tea with milk, 3 EPO
Lunch - Tuna and mayo jacket potato with salted butter (mayo shop bought), 1 mug of red tea
Dinner - Steak with ground black pepper and table salt, oven chips, cauliflower, carrots, 1 multivit
Tea - 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup
Simple cleanser and toner and TT Moist AM and PM, soap, talc

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 10:00 woke 07:00

Comments
I've got on top of my sleeping now, but need to think about types of exercise and also sunlight/Vit D. Not sure that I can get that much here at the moment but I need to research it a bit more.
Also my EPO has run out, and I have done a bit of research and Borage oil is apparently better, so not going to buy any more EPO. Would really like to try zinc first though.

#65 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

Hi guys, Sunday's Log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 mug of black tea with milk, porridge (oats, coconut milk), 2 cups of black coffee
Lunch - Tuna and mayo jacket potato with salted butter (mayo shop bought)
Dinner - beef burger, teriyaki sauce, oven chips, onion ring, raw red onion, slice of cheddar, 2 mugs of black tea with milk
Tea - 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup
Simple cleanser and toner and TT Moist, soap, Vaseline deo, j'adore AM and PM plain warm water, TT moist

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 11:15 woke 07:00

Comments
I didn't like the porridge with coconut milk - so will be looking at other milk alternatives

Edited by Peony7, 10 February 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#66 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi guys - Monday's Log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 egg fried in sunflower oil with fat croutons, table salt and ground black pepper, 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple
Lunch - butterbeans with canned mackerel in tomato sauce, 1 mug of red tea, 1 banana
Dinner - chicken grilled with jerk sauce, white rice and peas, 1 mug of red tea, 3/4 pint of water

Skincare/Makeup
water, toner and Moist AM and PM, talc

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 00:15, woke 07:00

Comments
I found the croutons in the freezer, so we still have a little more bread to finish off
I've gone for a while without makeup but I don't think it has made any difference, the only changes I have noticed is slightly less oil and less acne on the upper cheeks. I don't think this is down to not wearing makeup
I measured my waist and hips and have lost a couple of inches on the waist and 1 from the hips since I last measured, so this takes me down to 0.68 ratio, but it looks like lower is healthier for women

#67 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

Hi guys - Tuesday's Log -

Food/Supps
Breakfast - White rice, peas, 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple
Lunch - canned sardines in tomato sauce, 1 mug of red tea, 1 satsuma
Dinner - Paella (need to find ingredients)
Tea - 1 banana, 1 mug of red tea, humus with 6 sesame rye crackers

Skincare/Makeup
Simple cleanser, soap, water, toner and Moist AM and PM, talc

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 00:00, woke 08:00

Comments
No changes

Edited by Peony7, 10 February 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#68 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hi guys - Wednesday's Log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - Fat croutons with 2 eggs scrambled with table salt and ground black pepper, 1 mug of red tea
Lunch - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 mug of red tea
Dinner - Paella, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup
Warm water on face, soap, toner, moist and talc AM only

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 11:45, woke 06:00

Comments
The acne on the left side of my face is starting to get worse, I checked with last month and this is exactly what happened approx 14 days into the new cycle, so now I am sure it follows a pattern.

#69 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Hi guys, Thursday's Log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, dark chocolate, 1 apple
Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, shop bought chicken soup (chicken, veg oil, double cream, wheat flour, chickn stock, salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika, various colourings, preservatives)
Dinner - stir fry (sunflower oil, soy sauce, canned salmon, table salt, ground black pepper, green beans, carrots, sweetcorn, peas)
Tea - 1 red tea, 1 banana

Skincare/Makeup
scrub, toner, moist, TT mask, talc, aloe lip therapy tin AM

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 10:00, woke 04:45

Comments
Skin is looking smoother since the scrub and the mask. Going to do a bit of research on cheaper/natural scrubs and masks. I know that turmeric is meant to be good and crushed up aspirin
Woke up really early! I think doing some exercise will probably help the sleeping as well
Ache in right leg in evening

Edited by Peony7, 10 February 2012 - 02:01 PM.

#70 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me
  • Interests:art, tea, music, skincare

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

Hi guys, Thursday's Log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, dark chocolate, 1 apple
Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, shop bought chicken soup (chicken, veg oil, double cream, wheat flour, chickn stock, salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika, various colourings, preservatives)
Dinner - stir fry (sunflower oil, soy sauce, canned salmon, table salt, ground black pepper, green beans, carrots, sweetcorn, peas)
Tea - 1 red tea, 1 banana

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 10:00, woke 04:45

Comments
Skin is looking smoother since the scrub and the mask. Going to do a bit of research on cheaper/natural scrubs and masks. I know that turmeric is meant to be good and crushed up aspirin
Woke up really early! I think doing some exercise will probably help the sleeping as well
Ache in right leg in evening

I find that scrubs break me out, but lately I've been having amazing results using clay as a mild exfoliant! Just plain grey kaolin clay mixed with manuka honey (I always use this as a mask at night anyways) and some tea tree oil. Most scrubs and exfoliants break me out, but my skin loves the clay. Using it for a few days has brought my skin back under control. Also it was like $10 for a huge paper bag of it.

One thing about your diet is look into the connection of citrus and acne breakouts. I was in denial about being sensitive to citrus fruits because I believe they're so good for us. After a week of eating quite a few mandarin oranges I couldn't deny it anymore, and had to cut them altogether after a bad cystic breakout.

Looking at your signature you follow so many of the same lifestyle patterns as I do! Plastic is the enemy, as are most chemicals. Have you looked any further into baking soda as a shampoo? I've been loving it since I started, my roots are healthier than ever, my hair is less frizzy, it's also softer and shinier. I have to say I'm shocked, I thought it would go downhill a bit in making the switch, but quite the opposite.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, it looks like you're on a good path.
my regimen:

am
wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey
tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm
home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes
spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

#71 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

I find that scrubs break me out, but lately I've been having amazing results using clay as a mild exfoliant! Just plain grey kaolin clay mixed with manuka honey (I always use this as a mask at night anyways) and some tea tree oil. Most scrubs and exfoliants break me out, but my skin loves the clay. Using it for a few days has brought my skin back under control. Also it was like $10 for a huge paper bag of it.

One thing about your diet is look into the connection of citrus and acne breakouts. I was in denial about being sensitive to citrus fruits because I believe they're so good for us. After a week of eating quite a few mandarin oranges I couldn't deny it anymore, and had to cut them altogether after a bad cystic breakout.

Looking at your signature you follow so many of the same lifestyle patterns as I do! Plastic is the enemy, as are most chemicals. Have you looked any further into baking soda as a shampoo? I've been loving it since I started, my roots are healthier than ever, my hair is less frizzy, it's also softer and shinier. I have to say I'm shocked, I thought it would go downhill a bit in making the switch, but quite the opposite.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, it looks like you're on a good path.

Hi Jennifer, I am looking for clay to make my own mask at the moment! I was thinking clay, turmeric and tea tree oil. My skin is def better looking when using the scrub and mask.

With citrus I go back and forth over whether it is a problem for me. A few times I have noticed sneezing, sinus pain, and then at other times nothing. I think once my diet is under control I might be able to test citrus better. Possibly it is only certain types of citrus?

I tried the baking soda this morning but then I rinsed with water and lemon oil and I think I used too much lemon oil - hair ended up a bit greasy lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow so hopefully better luck.

I am really into the retro look so getting rid of plastic is fine by me! I have read a few things about plastic being linked to estrogen dominance so it was enough justification. Slowly phasing out plastic in the kitchen.

Thanks for your comments, I find your log interesting because you are looking at a whole holistic lifestyle rather than just dosing up on vitamins; it's good to see someone doing that, plus I can nick ideas off you. Posted Image

Edited by Peony7, 12 February 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#72 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

Hi guys - Friday's log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, 1 egg fried with sunflower oil, table salt and ground black pepper, 1 apple
Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, 1 banana, 4 sesame rye crackers
Dinner - shop bought beef and onion pie with a flaky pastry lid, cauliflower, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, a can of cider
Tea - 1 red tea, dark chocolate

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 00:00, woke 07:00

Comments
I'm trying the scrub and mask every day for a bit.

#73 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Hi guys - Saturday's log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 avocado, 1 green vanilla tea, 1 apple
Lunch - 1 red tea, canned sardines in tomato sauce, 5 sesame rye crackers
Dinner - Cooked ham, chips, shop bought baked beans, balsamic vinegar, table salt, ground black pepper, peas, cauliflower, carrots, a can of cider
Tea - 1 red tea, dark chocolate

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 01:00, woke 08:00

Comments
The breakout is dying down, no new spots so fingers crossed change is happening. It's 17 days into my new cycle so it should be getting worse at the moment. I'd be really happy if the changes I've made managed to control the acne I get before my period, because so far I've only noticed a difference with the day to day acne.

#74 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me
  • Interests:art, tea, music, skincare

Achievements

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hi Jennifer, I am looking for clay to make my own mask at the moment! I was thinking clay, turmeric and tea tree oil. My skin is def better looking when using the scrub and mask.

With citrus I go back and forth over whether it is a problem for me. A few times I have noticed sneezing, sinus pain, and then at other times nothing. I think once my diet is under control I might be able to test citrus better. Possibly it is only certain types of citrus?

I tried the baking soda this morning but then I rinsed with water and lemon oil and I think I used too much lemon oil - hair ended up a bit greasy lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow so hopefully better luck.

I am really into the retro look so getting rid of plastic is fine by me! I have read a few things about plastic being linked to estrogen dominance so it was enough justification. Slowly phasing out plastic in the kitchen.

Thanks for your comments, I find your log interesting because you are looking at a whole holistic lifestyle rather than just dosing up on vitamins; it's good to see someone doing that, plus I can nick ideas off you. Posted Image

I actually think that it might just be certain types of citrus. I avoid citrus in general, but will make an exception when it's just a small amount of lemon.

My advice about the lemon oil, scrub it out as much as you can when you wash your hair tomorrow! I used olive oil wednesday, and my hair looked SO greasy wednesday and thursday. Friday and saturday were definitely greasy but not as bad. Finally today I was able to get it all out. You could also add tea tree oil to be baking soda when you try to get out the lemon oil, it boosts the cleaning power a bit. My friend who got me onto the baking soda always uses TTO with his baking soda as shampoo.

Yes, plastic can most definitely be linked to estrogen dominance, especially older plastic. This is mostly because of BPA. I'm not sure if BPA is banned where you live, but it's now banned in Canada. Newly manufactured plastic goods here are BPA free, but older plastics are full of it. Even BPA free plastic makes me wary. We've been using plastic for years and years and only recently discovered BPA being an issue, yet we've been ingesting it for such a long time! It makes me think that in a few months or years we'll discover something else harmful leeching out of our plastic goods. My main thing with plastic is boiling water into plastic (it makes me cringe), or anytime that it's heated up with food/drink in it. I've gotten my mom at least somewhat on board with this and switched my house over to glass containers, glass water jugs and a stainless steel kettle. I don't know if you've ever heard of KleanKanteen, but you should google them! They make an entirely plastic free water bottle, it's all stainless steel with a bamboo top. It has a silicone ring on the cap for water proofing, but this can even be removed.

My whole issue with chemicals is based on the same logic. There's no way of knowing what potentially toxic chemical interactions could be occurring from the many products that people in our society slather onto themselves. There's just simply not enough research out there. Someone's moisturizer could be having a bad reaction to their foundation that could lead to skin cancer, and not even know it until the damage has been done. I hate not knowing what's in the products I buy, so instead I buy ingredients and make my own "products".
my regimen:

am
wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey
tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm
home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes
spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

#75 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

I don't know if you've ever heard of KleanKanteen, but you should google them! They make an entirely plastic free water bottle, it's all stainless steel with a bamboo top. It has a silicone ring on the cap for water proofing, but this can even be removed.

Thanks for that rec - this is exactly the type of changes I want to make.

Re my hair - I wrapped my hair with a scarf and when I woke up the next morning a lot of the oil was gone luckily enough, and I reduced the amount I put on after that lol. When the lemon oil is finished I am going to try the tea tree oil. I think making sure you comb your hair through well seems to help prevent it getting too greasy/distributes the oil.

My hairdresser told me clay based products are good for styling fine hair because clay is lightweight; and I have found a few other more natural tips I want to try out.

Edited by Peony7, 14 February 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#76 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm not sure if BPA is banned where you live, but it's now banned in Canada.

I had to check this because I couldn't remember. A lot of companies over here now advertise BPA free but it's only banned from babies bottles. And yeah I know what you mean about other types of plastic, I don't want to be part of the generation that is testing all of this stuff out. Plus I don't like the fact that all the disposable plastics end up in my bin and then in the local dump. We had a new system of rubbish collection start last year and since then I've noticed just how much plastic is in our bin. We are getting better at reducing it though

Edited by Peony7, 14 February 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#77 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

Hi guy's - Sunday's log,

Diet/Supps
Breakfast - Sweet potato, sesame seeds, salted butter, 1 cup of green vanilla tea
Lunch - 1 apple, 6 sesame rye crackers, 1 cup of green vanilla tea
Dinner - Stew at someones house (beef, potatoes, swede, turnip, corn, not sure about other ingredients)
Tea - treacle cake with custard, 1 mug of black tea, 1 banana

Skincare/Makeup
scrub, mask, salicylic acid, moist, deo

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 01:00, woke 08:00

Comments
Skin getting smoother, need to find a natural source of salicylic acid, maybe aspirin might have the same effect.

#78 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

need to find a natural source of salicylic acid

I read once that white willow bark was a good natural source, I've seen that sold in capsule form and also as a tincture. Berries are also a good source as well I think. Posted Image

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

#79 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

I read once that white willow bark was a good natural source, I've seen that sold in capsule form and also as a tincture. Berries are also a good source as well I think. Posted Image

Cheers Paul, I read that it was used by people in the '40s to add to food to kill bacteria so I assumed there must be a more natural way.