Photo

My Diet Log And Maybe A Few Other Things

red tea

This topic is in the process of being archived.
78 replies to this topic

#41 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

You could just say that you are "eating healthy" instead of "on a diet" or something like that. I am really skinny too and whenever I avoid bad foods I just tell my friends that I'm trying to be healthy and that pizza is really bad for you. I just say it in a way that doesn't imply that I would want to lose weight.

And how did you eat an entire large pizza lol? I can only eat 5 slices at the most.

Haha really man? I'm little too, but I can down an entire pizza Posted Image

Yeah I've always been able to eat a whole pizza by myself - think there must be something out with our metabolism

#42 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hi guys,

Yesterdays log

Food and Supps
Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, 2 eggs scrambled with sea salt and black pepper, apple

Lunch - 2 slices of white bread with salted butter, peppermint tea, handful of almonds

Dinner - This was a ready meal - vegetable curry (tomato puree, onion, basmati rice, lemon juice, veg oil, sea salt, turmeric powder, cardomom, tomato, carrot, lentils, aubergine, chickpeas, red pepper, coconut, spinach, garlic, ginger, sugar, malt vinegar, cornflour, paprika, mustard seed, red chili, coriander, curry leaves, chilli powder, lemon oil, bay leaf)

Dessert - a small cake/ice cream/meringue type thing - not sure of the exact ingredients but def sugar and white flour in it.

Skincare and Makeup
Simple cleanser and Sudocrem AM and PM, soap, aloe lip therapy

Sleep and Exercise
Went to bed at 01:00, woke up at 08:15

General Health
Itchy skin when I woke up and again later in the day

Comments
  • Really itchy skin - not sure where this has come from
  • That's the last of the bread in my freezer

Edited by Peony7, 19 January 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#43 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi guys,

Yesterdays log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, 2 fried eggs with sea salt and black pepper, butter, apple

Lunch - Chicken soup (chicken, stock, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic, potatoes, cauliflower, oats, shop-bought red pesto, corn flour, broccoli, carrots), 1 mug of red tea

Dinner - shop bought porridge (oats, sugar, flavouring), shop bought stewed apple, 1 mug of peppermint tea

Skincare and Makeup
Simple cleanser and Sudocrem AM and PM, soap, aloe lip therapy tin

Sleep and Exercise
Went to bed at 01:30, woke up at 08:00

General Health
Itchy skin, new cysts

Comments
  • Itchy skin again - think it might be that new soap so am going to give it a rest for a few days, then re-try
  • 3 inflamed cysts popped up today on jawline and chin. Unfortunately I picked at two of them - I won't be able to properly check whether these types of cysts are due to an intolerance or excess hormones until I have properly reduced the sugars/dairy

Edited by Peony7, 19 January 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#44 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 2 mugs of black tea with semi skimmed milk, shop bought porridge with cherry jam (oats, semi skimmed milk, flavouring, sugar, cherries)

Lunch - 1 gala apple, handful of cashews, 1 mug of red tea with semi skimmed milk

Dinner - Chicken soup (chicken, stock, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic, potatoes, cauliflower, oats, shop-bought red pesto, corn flour, broccoli, carrots), 1 glass of water

Dessert - meringue/cake/ice cream thing

Skincare and Makeup
Simple and Sudocrem AM only, Lynx shower gel, aloe lip therapy tin, Norweg formula

Sleep and Exercise
bed at 01:15, woke 07:30

Comments
Trying to bring back bedtime by 15 mins each night
More acne popping up now - did a bit of research into this and this ties in with changes in hormones at this point in my cycle. I would take the Evening Primrose Oil but am getting blood tests done early next week and don't want anything else to affect them
Feeling really hungry last few days and trying to resist pigging out too much

Edited by Peony7, 22 January 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#45 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 2 mugs of black tea with semi skimmed milk, an apple

Lunch - jacket potato with tuna and shop bought mayonnaise, salted butter, 1 mug of black tea with semi skimmed milk

Dinner - chargrilled chicken with sesame rye crackers

Evening - 1 sweet martini, 1 banana, 1 cup of valerian tea

Skincare and Makeup
warm water AM only, Lynx shower gel, aloe lip therapy tin, Norweg formula

Sleep and Exercise
bed at 01:00, woke 07:00

Comments
No veg eaten so need to concentrate on this.
Lots of sneezing when I was eating the apple, so maybe it was apples and not oranges I have a problem with. Or maybe just a coincidence. Plenty of apples here to test it.
The itching has stopped so I am going to start using the soap again and see what happens

Edited by Peony7, 22 January 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#46 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 2 cups of black tea with semi skimmed milk, few strips of chargrilled chicken, 4 sesame rye crackers (rye flour, sesame seeds, salt)

Lunch - Few strips of chargrilled chicken, 4 sesame rye crackers, chopped radishes, 5 lychees

Tea - Tuna salad (canned tuna, salt, pepper, potato, white wine vinegar, chickpeas, red pepper, green beans, olives, sweetcorn), 2 sesame rye crackers

Dinner - Paella (white rice, cod, prawns, squid, carrots, garlic, onion, butter, sugar snap peas, mussels, saffron, chicken, tomato puree, salt, turmeric, octopus, peas, red peppers, pollock, basil, thyme) 2 glasses of water, 7 lychees

Evening - 2 pieces of chocolate covered gingerbread, 1 banana, 2 mugs of valerian tea

Skincare and Make-up
Simple, Avene, soap, aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep and Exercise
Bed 12:10, woke 08:30

Comments
No itchiness from the soap so far

Edited by Peony7, 22 January 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#47 diareads

diareads

DiaReads

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:32 PM

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

Just to mention--what you said about feeling faint, etc etc. I have the same condition, its called hypoglycemia --> http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hypoglycemia

It means that your body uses the sugars you put into really fast and that your body needs to be nourished more often with whole healthy foods and you need to watch out for sugar because you can have bad sugar crashes. also if you are like me you need to eat every 2-3 hrs or will feel sick, dizzy, headaches, etc and if you dont be careful you can passout and/or have seizures. I found what best helps is a diet much like a diabetic / low glycemic diet.

I am not entirely sure of the acne connection here, but im sure there is one somewhere lol. im still trying to figure it out myself but I have found out that a healthy diet and eating consistently has helped me enormously.

i am also very petite--around 5 ft 3 101 lbs. i have found most people with this condition are female, petite, and have a hard time gaining weight. to gain weight i have found working out at the gym and taking protein (hemp) a half hour afterwards has helped me gain a lil muscle mass.

best of luck :)

#48 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:32 AM

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

Just to mention--what you said about feeling faint, etc etc. I have the same condition, its called hypoglycemia --> http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hypoglycemia

It means that your body uses the sugars you put into really fast and that your body needs to be nourished more often with whole healthy foods and you need to watch out for sugar because you can have bad sugar crashes. also if you are like me you need to eat every 2-3 hrs or will feel sick, dizzy, headaches, etc and if you dont be careful you can passout and/or have seizures. I found what best helps is a diet much like a diabetic / low glycemic diet.

I am not entirely sure of the acne connection here, but im sure there is one somewhere lol. im still trying to figure it out myself but I have found out that a healthy diet and eating consistently has helped me enormously.

i am also very petite--around 5 ft 3 101 lbs. i have found most people with this condition are female, petite, and have a hard time gaining weight. to gain weight i have found working out at the gym and taking protein (hemp) a half hour afterwards has helped me gain a lil muscle mass.

best of luck Posted Image

Hey, thanks for the comment and the link Posted Image That def sounds like me, although recently it has been worse, I sometimes lose my balance and a couple of times near Christmas I had blurry vision. I am having a blood test tomorrow which includes blood glucose so will be interesting to see what comes back for that.

I only managed to get to 114 pounds by dosing myself with sugar so the hemp tip is useful - thanks! Good luck with your log

#49 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 1 cup of green vanilla tea (green tea, vanilla and flavouring), 1 cup of red tea with milk, shop bought porridge with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and cherry jam (oats, semi skimmed milk, flavouring, sugar, cherries)

Lunch - Canned mackerel in tomato sauce (not sure of ingredients but tasted very sweet to me), 1/2 a can butterbeans, 2 radishes, 2 sesame rye crackers, 4 lychees, 1 apple, a handful of cashews

Dinner - Paella (white rice, cod, prawns, squid, carrots, garlic, onion, butter, sugar snap peas, mussels, saffron, chicken, tomato puree, salt, turmeric, octopus, peas, red peppers, pollock, basil, thyme) 1 glass of water

Tea - shop bought porridge, 1 banana sprinkled with cinnamon, 2 cups of valerian tea

Skincare and Make-up
Simple, Avene, soap, aloe lip therapy stick, Simple toner, talc

Sleep and Exercise
Bed 12:20, woke 09:30

Comments
Still no itchiness from the soap, maybe it was something else
Was thinking about what else might have caused the itchiness and I remembered that raw tomatoes make my hands itchy when chopping them. So going to check out nightshade type intolerances, but I would be really upset if this were the case - really love chillies.

#50 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's pretty interesting to read what other people experience with their diets and supplement intake, etc.. It's not something I'd paid much attention to prior making changes myself and seeing positive results. The only supplement I'm not too sure about personally is Zinc, mainly because the antibiotics I've been taking for acne advice against taking Zinc at the same time. I was taking it beforehand and can't really remember if it did anything for me one way or the other. Not sure if I'll reintroduce it when I finish taking Doxycycline next month. I've certainly seen positive changes as a direct result of taking Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A though, really pleased I checked those out.

The whole weight/metabolism thing is intriguing as well. Again, something else I hadn't really thought about. I'm about 110lbs at the most and definitely underweight for my height. I eat regular meals - sometimes four a day - and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, my weight's been the same since my teens. Didn't really bother me then but I'm pretty self-conscious about how skinny I am these days. That's just on a physical level though, I'd never given any thought to what influence metabolism might have on acne. Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't. The only think I can think of which seems kind of logical to me would be about how efficient the body is in terms of making good use of the nutrients we put in. My doctor told me that I was deficient in both Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A which is why I supplement those, so I guess there is an issue there in terms of metabolism or how well the body uses the nutrients.

Still no itchiness from the soap, maybe it was something else
Was thinking about what else might have caused the itchiness and I remembered that raw tomatoes make my hands itchy when chopping them. So going to check out nightshade type intolerances, but I would be really upset if this were the case - really love chillies.

I have an intolerance of chillies and I've cut out most spicy foods over the last five weeks or so. My skin's not even remotely as inflamed as it once was and neither are any pimples which happen to pop up. Cleared my eczema as well. I suppose it's logical that spicy foods like that are inflammatory so you might be onto something there. Worth checking it out. Annoying to have to eliminate things but personally, if that's what I need to do to maintain my clear skin, I'll roll with it. I'll just have to put up with standing in the supermarket looking all pathetic as I wonder what the hell to buy if I have to avoid all my favourite spicy/junk foods! :lol:

#51 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

Hi Paul,

My doctor told me that I was deficient in both Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A which is why I supplement those, so I guess there is an issue there in terms of metabolism or how well the body uses the nutrients

That's interesting - did you get that testing done on the NHS? I've always wondered about my Vit A levels as when I took roaccutane both the acne and dry skin (either seb derm or psoriasis) cleared up. Tempted to take vit A but I was going to try zinc first.

I've only put on 2 pounds since I was in my mid teens. I was just reading about hypoglycaemia and it seems that the worst thing to do is to take simple sugars - as this is more likely to keep you very slim.

I was wondering this evening whether the start of it all with me was a metabolic disorder, which then resulted in too much insulin affecting me as a child and thus setting up the pattern for when the hormones started around puberty. In which case the initial damage is done and I can only really manage it. Hopefully

#52 PaulH85

PaulH85

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 11
About Me

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Yep, I badgered my doctor for a blood test. I wanted to check a couple of other things out anyway and I was trying to work stuff out with my skin as well so that was an added bonus that I could get details of any deficiencies and intolerance's. I'd previously asked about Accutane but he refused to refer me because my acne wasn't severe or cystic so I think he was probably just pacifying me with that aspect of it but it did the job so I'm happy. It did amuse me how my doctor never made the connection, verbally to me at least, between my lacking in vitamin A and also struggling with acne, but I'm certain that it's made a big difference since I started supplementing. I suppose the next step is for me to tweak my diet further rather than just removing the acne triggers, so that I also take on board more foods rich in the things I'm missing.

:)

#53 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:19 PM

Hi guys this is Monday's log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - 2 eggs fried in sunflower oil with table salt and ground black pepper, 2 red teas with semi skimmed milk
Lunch - Canned sardines in tomato sauce (sardines, tomato puree, salt), an apple, 1 peppermint tea
Dinner - Pea and Ham soup (cooked ham, peas, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower oil, white onion, garlic, stock), 1 glass of water

Skincare/Makeup
Soap, simple, simple toner, Avene, aloe lip therapy stick, talc

Sleep/Exercise
Bed 10:00, woke 06:30

Comments
I found I had more sunflower oil in the cupboards so more to use up still

#54 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi guys this is yesterday's log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi-skimmed milk), 1 mug of red tea with semi-skimmed milk
Lunch - shop bought sausage roll, bag of chocolate magic stars, green vanilla tea EDIT-also had a black tea with semi skimmed milk and 1 sugar
Dinner - Pea and ham soup (cooked ham, peas, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower, white onion, garlic, stock), 1 glass of water, 1 apple
Tea - 2 cups valerian tea

Skincare/Makeup
Soap, Simple, Dove deo, aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep/Exercise
Bed at 10:00 but couldn't sleep for ages, woke at 08:00

Comments
Went for my blood tests today
Had to buy some processed food and chocolate whilst I was at the hospital cos I waited so long I was starting to feel faint, so if I have hypoglycaemia I'll need to make sure I have good snacks with me all the time in case I get delayed anywhere - maybe fruit/carrots

Edited by Peony7, 26 January 2012 - 03:13 PM.

#55 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hi guys today's log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs (2 eggs, table salt, ground black pepper, salted butter), 1 mug of green vanilla tea EDIT also had tomato salsa with this

Lunch - shop-bought porridge (oats, sugar, flavouring, semi-skimmed milk), 1 mug of red tea with milk, a bag of maltesers, 1 apple

Dinner - Stir-fry (canned tuna, table salt, chili olive oil, beansprouts, cauliflower, red pepper, carrots, leeks, mung beans, peas, cabbage, bamboo shoots, sweet potato, mushrooms, mange tout, ginger, sugar, flavourings, soy sauce), 1 glass of water

Tea - 1 mug of red tea with milk, 1 tsp of black cherry jam (blackcherries, unsweetened grape juice, lemon juice, pectin), 3 EPO

Edit - also had 2 sesame rye crackers and 2 mugs of valerian tea

Skincare/Makeup
Simple and Avene PM only

Sleep/Exercise
Bed at 01:00, woke 08:00

Comments
Can't wait to get my blood results ha ha
Started EPO again

Edited by Peony7, 26 January 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#56 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi guys todays log,

Food/Supps
Breakfast - Porridge (oats, water and lemon curd), 1 mug of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO and 1 multivit

Lunch - Canned sardines (sardines, tomato puree, salt) and butter beans, 1 mug of peppermint tea

Dinner - Stir Fry (canned salmon, sunflower oil, table salt, beansprouts, cauliflower, red pepper, carrots, leeks, mung beans, cabbage, bamboo shoots, sweet potato, mushrooms, mangetout, ginger, sugar, flavourings, soy sauce) 1 glass of water

Tea - 1 satsuma, 1 glass of orange squash, 3 EPO, 1 banana, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup
Simple PM, Aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep/Exercise
Bed at 01:00, woke at 07:45

Comments
I tried porridge without milk today - really didn't like it. I think it was the chlorine taste of the water. I ended up putting lemon curd in to mask some of the taste. So I think I will just cut the milk out completely and if I see a difference then I will try some of the milk alternatives with porridge. I have a sweet potato for breakfast tomorrow so maybe I will have better luck with that.

The spots that came up over the last few days have gotten better over the last 24 hrs, not sure why and at this stage in my cycle they should be getting worse and worse each day.

#57 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi guys I took a break from posting again - major major pelvic pain, mostly from my period but also from a cervical biopsy I had last week (sorry if tmi).

So, I cannot remember everything I had but it was more of the same - stir fries with veggies and fish, some fruit, porridge and eggs. Also had some chicken and veggies on a couple of days.

I did a trial without milk for a couple of days as well and I think I saw a difference with the oil and spots but not sure. It wasn't long enough to tell.

I tried out a sweet potato for breakfast and I was really impressed - I wasn't hungry for ages after eating it!

So tomorrow I am food shopping and I plan on eating more sweet potatoes for brekkie.

Also I have cut milk out of tea completely. I found a recipe for coconut milk porridge so I am going to give this a go, then I will be able to test out dairy free.

The only sugar I have had was from orange squash and some mini eggs that my husband brought home.

The acne has died down a bit which is normal for this time of the month, but I think my skin has been more matte than usual. It could be less sugar or maybe the EPO. I am going to stick with the EPO for a bit and see whether it helps with the oil.

No news on my blood tests yet.

#58 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:14 AM

Oh and also, my acne breakout didn't stick around for as long as it usually does. I can think of a few reasons why but will need to test them out.

#59 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I had a clementine earlier and then started sneezing and now I have phlegm and congested sinuses. I thought I had dismised this as a problem but seems like I need to check it again.

#60 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

I 'phoned my GPs receptionist to enquire how long it normally takes to get blood tests back and she was able to tell me my results over the 'phone. All of them were normal. I am glad because I don't want to have a confirmed illness but I also feel frustrated because I feel unwell, I haven't been able to get pregnant and of course I have acne. So I will be seeing the Dr again anyway because they need to find out why I can't conceive, but now I feel in limbo with what I should be doing. If they had confirmed PCOS then I would have been able to target supplements to helping that. Now I am not sure. I will still continue with the diet; I just need to have a bit of a think about which supplements I should start with.