Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Diet Log And Maybe A Few Other Things

79 posts in this topic

Hi Paul,

My doctor told me that I was deficient in both Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A which is why I supplement those, so I guess there is an issue there in terms of metabolism or how well the body uses the nutrients

Yep, I badgered my doctor for a blood test. I wanted to check a couple of other things out anyway and I was trying to work stuff out with my skin as well so that was an added bonus that I could get details of any deficiencies and intolerance's. I'd previously asked about Accutane but he refused to refer me because my acne wasn't severe or cystic so I think he was probably just pacifying me with that aspect of it but it did the job so I'm happy. It did amuse me how my doctor never made the connection, verbally to me at least, between my lacking in vitamin A and also struggling with acne, but I'm certain that it's made a big difference since I started supplementing. I suppose the next step is for me to tweak my diet further rather than just removing the acne triggers, so that I also take on board more foods rich in the things I'm missing.

:)

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.

Hi guys this is Monday's log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 2 eggs fried in sunflower oil with table salt and ground black pepper, 2 red teas with semi skimmed milk

Lunch - Canned sardines in tomato sauce (sardines, tomato puree, salt), an apple, 1 peppermint tea

Dinner - Pea and Ham soup (cooked ham, peas, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower oil, white onion, garlic, stock), 1 glass of water

Skincare/Makeup

Soap, simple, simple toner, Avene, aloe lip therapy stick, talc

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 10:00, woke 06:30

Comments

I found I had more sunflower oil in the cupboards so more to use up still

Hi guys this is yesterday's log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi-skimmed milk), 1 mug of red tea with semi-skimmed milk

Lunch - shop bought sausage roll, bag of chocolate magic stars, green vanilla tea EDIT-also had a black tea with semi skimmed milk and 1 sugar

Dinner - Pea and ham soup (cooked ham, peas, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower, white onion, garlic, stock), 1 glass of water, 1 apple

Tea - 2 cups valerian tea

Skincare/Makeup

Soap, Simple, Dove deo, aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep/Exercise

Bed at 10:00 but couldn't sleep for ages, woke at 08:00

Comments

Went for my blood tests today

Had to buy some processed food and chocolate whilst I was at the hospital cos I waited so long I was starting to feel faint, so if I have hypoglycaemia I'll need to make sure I have good snacks with me all the time in case I get delayed anywhere - maybe fruit/carrots

Hi guys today's log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs (2 eggs, table salt, ground black pepper, salted butter), 1 mug of green vanilla tea EDIT also had tomato salsa with this

Lunch - shop-bought porridge (oats, sugar, flavouring, semi-skimmed milk), 1 mug of red tea with milk, a bag of maltesers, 1 apple

Dinner - Stir-fry (canned tuna, table salt, chili olive oil, beansprouts, cauliflower, red pepper, carrots, leeks, mung beans, peas, cabbage, bamboo shoots, sweet potato, mushrooms, mange tout, ginger, sugar, flavourings, soy sauce), 1 glass of water

Tea - 1 mug of red tea with milk, 1 tsp of black cherry jam (blackcherries, unsweetened grape juice, lemon juice, pectin), 3 EPO

Edit - also had 2 sesame rye crackers and 2 mugs of valerian tea

Skincare/Makeup

Simple and Avene PM only

Sleep/Exercise

Bed at 01:00, woke 08:00

Comments

Can't wait to get my blood results ha ha

Started EPO again

Hi guys todays log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - Porridge (oats, water and lemon curd), 1 mug of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO and 1 multivit

Lunch - Canned sardines (sardines, tomato puree, salt) and butter beans, 1 mug of peppermint tea

Dinner - Stir Fry (canned salmon, sunflower oil, table salt, beansprouts, cauliflower, red pepper, carrots, leeks, mung beans, cabbage, bamboo shoots, sweet potato, mushrooms, mangetout, ginger, sugar, flavourings, soy sauce) 1 glass of water

Tea - 1 satsuma, 1 glass of orange squash, 3 EPO, 1 banana, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup

Simple PM, Aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep/Exercise

Bed at 01:00, woke at 07:45

Comments

I tried porridge without milk today - really didn't like it. I think it was the chlorine taste of the water. I ended up putting lemon curd in to mask some of the taste. So I think I will just cut the milk out completely and if I see a difference then I will try some of the milk alternatives with porridge. I have a sweet potato for breakfast tomorrow so maybe I will have better luck with that.

The spots that came up over the last few days have gotten better over the last 24 hrs, not sure why and at this stage in my cycle they should be getting worse and worse each day.

Hi guys I took a break from posting again - major major pelvic pain, mostly from my period but also from a cervical biopsy I had last week (sorry if tmi).

So, I cannot remember everything I had but it was more of the same - stir fries with veggies and fish, some fruit, porridge and eggs. Also had some chicken and veggies on a couple of days.

I did a trial without milk for a couple of days as well and I think I saw a difference with the oil and spots but not sure. It wasn't long enough to tell.

I tried out a sweet potato for breakfast and I was really impressed - I wasn't hungry for ages after eating it!

So tomorrow I am food shopping and I plan on eating more sweet potatoes for brekkie.

Also I have cut milk out of tea completely. I found a recipe for coconut milk porridge so I am going to give this a go, then I will be able to test out dairy free.

The only sugar I have had was from orange squash and some mini eggs that my husband brought home.

The acne has died down a bit which is normal for this time of the month, but I think my skin has been more matte than usual. It could be less sugar or maybe the EPO. I am going to stick with the EPO for a bit and see whether it helps with the oil.

No news on my blood tests yet.

Oh and also, my acne breakout didn't stick around for as long as it usually does. I can think of a few reasons why but will need to test them out.

I had a clementine earlier and then started sneezing and now I have phlegm and congested sinuses. I thought I had dismised this as a problem but seems like I need to check it again.

I 'phoned my GPs receptionist to enquire how long it normally takes to get blood tests back and she was able to tell me my results over the 'phone. All of them were normal. I am glad because I don't want to have a confirmed illness but I also feel frustrated because I feel unwell, I haven't been able to get pregnant and of course I have acne. So I will be seeing the Dr again anyway because they need to find out why I can't conceive, but now I feel in limbo with what I should be doing. If they had confirmed PCOS then I would have been able to target supplements to helping that. Now I am not sure. I will still continue with the diet; I just need to have a bit of a think about which supplements I should start with.

Hi guys, Wednesday's log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk and lemon curd), 1 mug of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO and 1 multivit

Lunch - 2 fried eggs, sunflower oil, table salt, ground black pepper, 1 red tea, 1 peppermint tea

Dinner - Stir Fry (carrots, peas, mushrooms, sweetcorn, sweet peppers, button onions, vegetable oil and canned sardines in tomato puree and salt), ice cream wafer sandwich

Tea - 1 apple, 1 cup of orange squash, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup

Agera scrub AM, Aloe lip therapy

Sleep/Exercise

Bed at 01:00, woke at 08:00

Comments

Acne getting better, though I picked at a couple on my jaw line

Mild pelvic pain

Hi guys, Thursday's log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 cup of green vanilla tea, 3 EPO, 1 multivit

Lunch - 1 apple, 1 cup of peppermint tea, 2 celery sticks with humus

Dinner - 2 eggs scrambled with table salt, ground black pepper and tomato salsa, 1 cup of red tea

Tea - 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple, 3 EPO, 1 cup of orange squash, some wedding cake (lemon sponge, lemon buttercream, icing)

Skincare/Makeup

Plain warm water, Simple toner, TT moist, aloe lip therapy tin all AM

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 00:00, woke 07:00

Comments

Sleeping has been a bit better

Ache/pain in my right leg and slight ache in pelvis

Am wondering whether it is sugar consumption that made the ache worse since it is inflammatory and I had the wedding cake earlier

Need to update pics in my log

I did take pics last weekend and I looked awful, really bad dark blue skin under eyes, rest of skin was very sallow. I think I need to make sure I am eating foods wth more iron

Hi guys, Friday's log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 cup of green vanilla tea, 1 glass of water, 3 EPO, 1 multivit

Lunch - 1 apple, 1 banana, 1 cup of red tea

Dinner - Lentil soup (red lentils, celery, white onion, stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, ground dried coriander, ground dried chili, table salt, ground black pepper, sunflower oil)

Tea - 1 cup of red tea, 1 glass of water, 3 EPO

Skincare/Makeup

Plain warm water, Simple Toner, TT moist

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 00:00, woke 07:30

Comments

Ache/pain in my right leg - but not as bad as Thurs and slight ache in pelvis

Hi guys - Saturday's Log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk), 1 mug of black tea with milk, 3 EPO

Lunch - Tuna and mayo jacket potato with salted butter (mayo shop bought), 1 mug of red tea

Dinner - Steak with ground black pepper and table salt, oven chips, cauliflower, carrots, 1 multivit

Tea - 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup

Simple cleanser and toner and TT Moist AM and PM, soap, talc

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 10:00 woke 07:00

Comments

I've got on top of my sleeping now, but need to think about types of exercise and also sunlight/Vit D. Not sure that I can get that much here at the moment but I need to research it a bit more.

Also my EPO has run out, and I have done a bit of research and Borage oil is apparently better, so not going to buy any more EPO. Would really like to try zinc first though.

Hi guys, Sunday's Log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 mug of black tea with milk, porridge (oats, coconut milk), 2 cups of black coffee

Lunch - Tuna and mayo jacket potato with salted butter (mayo shop bought)

Dinner - beef burger, teriyaki sauce, oven chips, onion ring, raw red onion, slice of cheddar, 2 mugs of black tea with milk

Tea - 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup

Simple cleanser and toner and TT Moist, soap, Vaseline deo, j'adore AM and PM plain warm water, TT moist

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 11:15 woke 07:00

Comments

I didn't like the porridge with coconut milk - so will be looking at other milk alternatives

Hi guys - Monday's Log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 egg fried in sunflower oil with fat croutons, table salt and ground black pepper, 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple

Lunch - butterbeans with canned mackerel in tomato sauce, 1 mug of red tea, 1 banana

Dinner - chicken grilled with jerk sauce, white rice and peas, 1 mug of red tea, 3/4 pint of water

Skincare/Makeup

water, toner and Moist AM and PM, talc

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 00:15, woke 07:00

Comments

I found the croutons in the freezer, so we still have a little more bread to finish off

I've gone for a while without makeup but I don't think it has made any difference, the only changes I have noticed is slightly less oil and less acne on the upper cheeks. I don't think this is down to not wearing makeup

I measured my waist and hips and have lost a couple of inches on the waist and 1 from the hips since I last measured, so this takes me down to 0.68 ratio, but it looks like lower is healthier for women

Hi guys - Tuesday's Log -

Food/Supps

Breakfast - White rice, peas, 1 cup of red tea, 1 apple

Lunch - canned sardines in tomato sauce, 1 mug of red tea, 1 satsuma

Dinner - Paella (need to find ingredients)

Tea - 1 banana, 1 mug of red tea, humus with 6 sesame rye crackers

Skincare/Makeup

Simple cleanser, soap, water, toner and Moist AM and PM, talc

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 00:00, woke 08:00

Comments

No changes

Hi guys - Wednesday's Log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - Fat croutons with 2 eggs scrambled with table salt and ground black pepper, 1 mug of red tea

Lunch - Porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, lemon curd), 1 mug of red tea

Dinner - Paella, 1 mug of red tea

Skincare/Makeup

Warm water on face, soap, toner, moist and talc AM only

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 11:45, woke 06:00

Comments

The acne on the left side of my face is starting to get worse, I checked with last month and this is exactly what happened approx 14 days into the new cycle, so now I am sure it follows a pattern.

Hi guys, Thursday's Log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, dark chocolate, 1 apple

Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, shop bought chicken soup (chicken, veg oil, double cream, wheat flour, chickn stock, salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika, various colourings, preservatives)

Dinner - stir fry (sunflower oil, soy sauce, canned salmon, table salt, ground black pepper, green beans, carrots, sweetcorn, peas)

Tea - 1 red tea, 1 banana

Skincare/Makeup

scrub, toner, moist, TT mask, talc, aloe lip therapy tin AM

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 10:00, woke 04:45

Comments

Skin is looking smoother since the scrub and the mask. Going to do a bit of research on cheaper/natural scrubs and masks. I know that turmeric is meant to be good and crushed up aspirin

Woke up really early! I think doing some exercise will probably help the sleeping as well

Ache in right leg in evening

Hi guys, Thursday's Log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, dark chocolate, 1 apple

Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, shop bought chicken soup (chicken, veg oil, double cream, wheat flour, chickn stock, salt, onion, garlic, pepper, paprika, various colourings, preservatives)

Dinner - stir fry (sunflower oil, soy sauce, canned salmon, table salt, ground black pepper, green beans, carrots, sweetcorn, peas)

Tea - 1 red tea, 1 banana

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 10:00, woke 04:45

Comments

Skin is looking smoother since the scrub and the mask. Going to do a bit of research on cheaper/natural scrubs and masks. I know that turmeric is meant to be good and crushed up aspirin

Woke up really early! I think doing some exercise will probably help the sleeping as well

Ache in right leg in evening

I find that scrubs break me out, but lately I've been having amazing results using clay as a mild exfoliant! Just plain grey kaolin clay mixed with manuka honey (I always use this as a mask at night anyways) and some tea tree oil. Most scrubs and exfoliants break me out, but my skin loves the clay. Using it for a few days has brought my skin back under control. Also it was like $10 for a huge paper bag of it.

One thing about your diet is look into the connection of citrus and acne breakouts. I was in denial about being sensitive to citrus fruits because I believe they're so good for us. After a week of eating quite a few mandarin oranges I couldn't deny it anymore, and had to cut them altogether after a bad cystic breakout.

Looking at your signature you follow so many of the same lifestyle patterns as I do! Plastic is the enemy, as are most chemicals. Have you looked any further into baking soda as a shampoo? I've been loving it since I started, my roots are healthier than ever, my hair is less frizzy, it's also softer and shinier. I have to say I'm shocked, I thought it would go downhill a bit in making the switch, but quite the opposite.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, it looks like you're on a good path.

my regimen:

am

wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey

tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm

home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes

spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

I find that scrubs break me out, but lately I've been having amazing results using clay as a mild exfoliant! Just plain grey kaolin clay mixed with manuka honey (I always use this as a mask at night anyways) and some tea tree oil. Most scrubs and exfoliants break me out, but my skin loves the clay. Using it for a few days has brought my skin back under control. Also it was like $10 for a huge paper bag of it.

One thing about your diet is look into the connection of citrus and acne breakouts. I was in denial about being sensitive to citrus fruits because I believe they're so good for us. After a week of eating quite a few mandarin oranges I couldn't deny it anymore, and had to cut them altogether after a bad cystic breakout.

Looking at your signature you follow so many of the same lifestyle patterns as I do! Plastic is the enemy, as are most chemicals. Have you looked any further into baking soda as a shampoo? I've been loving it since I started, my roots are healthier than ever, my hair is less frizzy, it's also softer and shinier. I have to say I'm shocked, I thought it would go downhill a bit in making the switch, but quite the opposite.

Keep up the healthy lifestyle, it looks like you're on a good path.

Hi Jennifer, I am looking for clay to make my own mask at the moment! I was thinking clay, turmeric and tea tree oil. My skin is def better looking when using the scrub and mask.

With citrus I go back and forth over whether it is a problem for me. A few times I have noticed sneezing, sinus pain, and then at other times nothing. I think once my diet is under control I might be able to test citrus better. Possibly it is only certain types of citrus?

I tried the baking soda this morning but then I rinsed with water and lemon oil and I think I used too much lemon oil - hair ended up a bit greasy lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow so hopefully better luck.

I am really into the retro look so getting rid of plastic is fine by me! I have read a few things about plastic being linked to estrogen dominance so it was enough justification. Slowly phasing out plastic in the kitchen.

Thanks for your comments, I find your log interesting because you are looking at a whole holistic lifestyle rather than just dosing up on vitamins; it's good to see someone doing that, plus I can nick ideas off you. smile.png

1 person likes this

Hi guys - Friday's log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 green vanilla tea, 1 egg fried with sunflower oil, table salt and ground black pepper, 1 apple

Lunch - 1 red tea, 1 orange, 1 banana, 4 sesame rye crackers

Dinner - shop bought beef and onion pie with a flaky pastry lid, cauliflower, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, a can of cider

Tea - 1 red tea, dark chocolate

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 00:00, woke 07:00

Comments

I'm trying the scrub and mask every day for a bit.

Hi guys - Saturday's log,

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 avocado, 1 green vanilla tea, 1 apple

Lunch - 1 red tea, canned sardines in tomato sauce, 5 sesame rye crackers

Dinner - Cooked ham, chips, shop bought baked beans, balsamic vinegar, table salt, ground black pepper, peas, cauliflower, carrots, a can of cider

Tea - 1 red tea, dark chocolate

Skincare/Makeup

Sleep/Exercise

Bed 01:00, woke 08:00

Comments

The breakout is dying down, no new spots so fingers crossed change is happening. It's 17 days into my new cycle so it should be getting worse at the moment. I'd be really happy if the changes I've made managed to control the acne I get before my period, because so far I've only noticed a difference with the day to day acne.

Hi Jennifer, I am looking for clay to make my own mask at the moment! I was thinking clay, turmeric and tea tree oil. My skin is def better looking when using the scrub and mask.

With citrus I go back and forth over whether it is a problem for me. A few times I have noticed sneezing, sinus pain, and then at other times nothing. I think once my diet is under control I might be able to test citrus better. Possibly it is only certain types of citrus?

I tried the baking soda this morning but then I rinsed with water and lemon oil and I think I used too much lemon oil - hair ended up a bit greasy lol. I'm going to try again tomorrow so hopefully better luck.

I am really into the retro look so getting rid of plastic is fine by me! I have read a few things about plastic being linked to estrogen dominance so it was enough justification. Slowly phasing out plastic in the kitchen.

Thanks for your comments, I find your log interesting because you are looking at a whole holistic lifestyle rather than just dosing up on vitamins; it's good to see someone doing that, plus I can nick ideas off you. smile.png

my regimen:

am

wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey

tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm

home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes

spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

I don't know if you've ever heard of KleanKanteen, but you should google them! They make an entirely plastic free water bottle, it's all stainless steel with a bamboo top. It has a silicone ring on the cap for water proofing, but this can even be removed.