Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Diet Log And Maybe A Few Other Things

79 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Food

Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi-skimmed milk, 1 clementine), 1 mug of black tea with milk

Lunch - Potato wedges, paprika, mayonnaise, sliced cooked ham, 2 peppermint teas

Dinner - Noodles, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, white onion, sesame oil, soy sauce

Tea - Swiss chocolates, 2 mugs of water

Acne skincare

AM - Agera scrub

PM - Washed with oats and warm water, Avene, Sudocrem

Sleep

Went to bed at 02:30 last night, woke up at 09:30

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

orange shower gel

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

Much better!

Supplement

1 multivit, 3 Evening Primrose Oil caps

Comments

• Skin is feeling really smooth from the scrub this morning

• Still using the oats - need to test whether it would be able to remove foundation

• I looked up GI of different foods and found wholemeal pitta is medium, so am thinking this is a good alternative to the usual loaf; also I like wholemeal chappattis and I think they must be similar GI to wholemeal pitta? Couldn't find GI for them.

Hi guys,

took a break from my log due to feeling unwell, but it did give me a chance to do a bit of reading around insulin and sugars/different foods. I know a lot more now about hormones and foods so once I have emptied my cupboards of the bad stuff this should help with planning meals. Also am pretty sure I have a problem with my progesterone, and this then upsets the balance of my other hormones, and thus causes acne. Also, since I need to get my sleeping in check I am going to post the day after from now on, so that I am not up late posting/researching acne!

1 person likes this

Haha, I had that same problem of researching late into the night eating crappy foods. Frustrating, yet rewarding in the long run :)

Call me TV.

snapback.pngmoonbase, on , said:

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

Haha, I had that same problem of researching late into the night eating crappy foods. Frustrating, yet rewarding in the long run smile.png

Haha, yeah once I started researching I kind of had a 'lightbulb' moment and spent a lot of nights on the net, now I understand things better and I cringe each time I have the crappy foods lol

Btw your log is interesting reading for me

Hi guys,

Yesterdays Log

Food

Breakfast - porridge (oats, semi-skimmed milk), 2 mugs of black tea with milk, an apple and a clementine

Lunch - scrambled eggs, table salt, ground pepper, ground chili, sprinkling of sesame seeds, 1 teacup of red tea

Dinner - Lentil soup (red lentils, chopped tomatoes, ground coriander, ground chili, tomato puree, carrots, celery, vegetable stock, sunflower oil, table salt, ground pepper)

I also randomly had a couple of slices of pastrami, two glasses of water and some sweets

Acne skincare

AM - Simple cleanser

PM - Simple cleanser, Avene, Sudocrem

Sleep

Went to bed at 01:00, woke up at 07:00

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

orange shower gel, aloe lip therapy

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

Ok

Supplement

1 multivit

Comments

• My skin is slightly drier, acne less inflamed

• Sleeping is slowly getting better, my aim is to bring it back to 10pm.

• Still got plenty of 'bad foods' to keep me going. I tried to palm them off on my partner but he has decided to cut out bread and sugar as well lol

Haha, I had that same problem of researching late into the night eating crappy foods. Frustrating, yet rewarding in the long run smile.png

Haha, yeah once I started researching I kind of had a 'lightbulb' moment and spent a lot of nights on the net, now I understand things better and I cringe each time I have the crappy foods lol

Btw your log is interesting reading for me

Glad you like my log, and glad you're becoming enlightened :)

It's quite awesome and encouraging seeing other people progress with this.

Call me TV.

To the OP. Dieting is silly. The only point of a diet should be to heal your body. Once that's done as long as you get the nutrients you need in you diet, you can eat whatever the hell you want. I think that's the big thing people are missing.

Hi guys,

yesterdays log

Food

Breakfast - porridge (one of those processed ones - oats, semi-skimmed milk, sugar, 'natural flavouring' - don't know wth that is they didn't specify), 1 mug of black tea with milk, some shop-bought stewed apple - Bramley apples, sugar, preservatives), 1 mug of Earl Grey tea

Lunch - Sliced corned beef (can't remember all the ingredients in this but the usual beef, salt, etc), an apple, 1 mug of red tea, 1 mug of jasmine tea

Dinner - Lentil soup (red lentils, chopped tomatoes, ground coriander, ground chili, tomato puree, carrots, celery, vegetable stock, sunflower oil, table salt, ground pepper)

I also had a couple of slices of pastrami, 1 glass of water, some sweets and 2 clementines.

Acne skincare

AM - Plain warm water with muslin

PM - As above

Sleep

Went to bed at 01:30, woke up at 08:00

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

Ok

Supplement

1 multivit

Comments

• I noticed I had itchy skin last night, possibly after eating the clementines, but could also have been the sugar? I will probably be able to pinpoint this better when the sugar in my diet is reduced

• Also am pretty sure that the over-consumption of sugar makes my skin more greasy

Hi guys,

yesterdays log

Food

Breakfast - an apple, a clementine, 1 mug of black tea with milk, 1 mug of jasmine tea

Lunch - 1 mug of red tea, two frankfurters, 2 slices white bread

Dinner - two frankfurters, 2 slices of white bread, 1 glass of water

Snacks - handful of almonds

Acne skincare

AM - Simple cleanser with muslin

PM - As above

Sleep

Went to bed at 01:00, woke up at 07:00

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

Ache in right leg

Supplement

1 multivit

Comments

• Really bad day for food

Hi guys,

yesterdays log

Food

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs (2 eggs, table salt, ground pepper, 2 button mushrooms, sunflower oil), 2 black teas with milk, 1 clementine

Lunch - 1 frankfurter, 1 slice white bread, 1 Jasmine tea, handful of almonds

Dinner - Chicken roasted with sunflower oil, garlic and potatoes, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli boiled, gravy (Bisto), 1 glass of water, 1/2 a can of cider

Tea - lots more chicken and potatoes leftover from dinner

Acne skincare

AM - Simple cleanser with muslin PM - As above

Sleep

Went to bed at 02:00, woke up at 08:50

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

A new soap I got for Xmas - so no sls, aloe lip therapy

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

ache in right leg has returned

Supplement

None

Comments

• That's the last of the sunflower oil - not planning to buy any more

• That's the last of the clementines - going to avoid them for a bit to see if it helps

• That's the last of the pork - going to stay away from this for a bit to see of it helps

• Shower gel finished so started using a new soap and planning to use trad soap instead of liquid for body from now on because no sls

• I ate more than my husband again - by eating more chicken and potatoes in the evening - still need to look at healthier snacks/frequent smaller meals and to stop 'over-eating'

Hi guys,

Todays log

Food

Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, chicken leftover from yesterdays dinner

Dinner - Pizza Hut pizza - I think I ate the equivalent of one large pizza (pepperoni/ham/onion/pineapple plus the usual ingredients), 1 creme egg (sugar, chocolate etc) and 1 glass of diet Pepsi

Tea - More chicken leftover from yesterday with some boiled veg - cauliflower and carrots, 2 black teas with milk, handful of almonds, 2 valerian teas, 1/2 teaspoon of black cherry jam (black cherries, unsweetened grape juice, lemon juice, pectin)

Acne skincare

AM - Simple cleanser/muslin, TT moist, Sudocrem PM - Simple cleanser/muslin, Avene, Sudocrem

Sleep

Went to bed at 02:10, woke up at 10:00

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

My new soap, aloe lip therapy, Norweg formula

Make-up/Misc

Rimmel powder, j'adore

General Health

OK

Supplement

None

Comments

• I found the jam in my cupboard - it is an old fashioned recipe that doesn't use sugar, just some unsweetened juice. You can tell it doesn't have sugar in it - and it tasted really good better than regular jam - so maybe I am getting used to having more taste, less sugar.

• I measured myself and worked out my waist to hip ratio of 0.7 - which is in the healthy range.

• I found my Liz Earle book in the loft which is a good reference of meals that don't contain wheat/sugar and lower GI etc Also she references studies in the '60s relating to sugar and worsening of acne. So I might try and track these down

You could just say that you are "eating healthy" instead of "on a diet" or something like that. I am really skinny too and whenever I avoid bad foods I just tell my friends that I'm trying to be healthy and that pizza is really bad for you. I just say it in a way that doesn't imply that I would want to lose weight.

And how did you eat an entire large pizza lol? I can only eat 5 slices at the most.

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day
  • Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day
  • Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

You could just say that you are "eating healthy" instead of "on a diet" or something like that. I am really skinny too and whenever I avoid bad foods I just tell my friends that I'm trying to be healthy and that pizza is really bad for you. I just say it in a way that doesn't imply that I would want to lose weight.

And how did you eat an entire large pizza lol? I can only eat 5 slices at the most.

Haha really man? I'm little too, but I can down an entire pizza :P

Call me TV.

lol well when I wrote that yesterday I thought to myself I haven't eaten much today! I saw my GP today and she agreed that I seem to eat a lot considering what I weigh so one of the checks they are going to do is for thyroid function. Have you had anything like this checked?

Hi guys,

Todays log

Food

Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, leftover chicken with carrots

Lunch - porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk)

Dinner - chicken soup (chicken, sweetcorn, stock, carrots, white onion, celery, potatoes, bay, cornflour, sea salt, pepper, noodles)

Tea - handful of almonds, 1 peppermint tea, 2 valerian teas, rice krispies with semi skimmed milk

Acne skincare

AM - Simple cleanser/muslin PM - Simple cleanser/muslin, Avene, Sudocrem

Sleep

Went to bed at 01:10, woke up at 07:00

Exercise

None

General Skin Care

soap, aloe lip therapy, Norweg formula

Make-up/Misc

None

General Health

OK

Supplement

None

Comments

• Saw my GP today they want to check for hormones - FSH, LH, mid-luteal progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, SHBG and prolactin.

• Also for - full blood count, urea and electrolytes, liver function, thyroid function, and random glucose.

• My skin was really matte this morning

• Ate the last of the rice krispies today, not buying any more sweet cereals

lol well when I wrote that yesterday I thought to myself I haven't eaten much today! I saw my GP today and she agreed that I seem to eat a lot considering what I weigh so one of the checks they are going to do is for thyroid function. Have you had anything like this checked?

Nope. After the retardedness of dermatologists I was kind of discouraged to see any doctor. It might be a good idea to get some things checked though...

How I Stay Clear:

• Accutane 5mg/day
  • Probiotics 25 billion organisms/day
  • Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser 2x/day

Low Dose Accutane Log

Haha really man? I'm little too, but I can down an entire pizza tongue.png

Yeah I've always been able to eat a whole pizza by myself - think there must be something out with our metabolism

Hi guys,

Yesterdays log

Food and Supps

Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, 2 eggs scrambled with sea salt and black pepper, apple

Lunch - 2 slices of white bread with salted butter, peppermint tea, handful of almonds

Dinner - This was a ready meal - vegetable curry (tomato puree, onion, basmati rice, lemon juice, veg oil, sea salt, turmeric powder, cardomom, tomato, carrot, lentils, aubergine, chickpeas, red pepper, coconut, spinach, garlic, ginger, sugar, malt vinegar, cornflour, paprika, mustard seed, red chili, coriander, curry leaves, chilli powder, lemon oil, bay leaf)

Dessert - a small cake/ice cream/meringue type thing - not sure of the exact ingredients but def sugar and white flour in it.

Skincare and Makeup

Simple cleanser and Sudocrem AM and PM, soap, aloe lip therapy

Sleep and Exercise

Went to bed at 01:00, woke up at 08:15

General Health

Itchy skin when I woke up and again later in the day

Comments

• Really itchy skin - not sure where this has come from

• That's the last of the bread in my freezer

Hi guys,

Yesterdays log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 2 black teas with milk, 2 fried eggs with sea salt and black pepper, butter, apple

Lunch - Chicken soup (chicken, stock, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic, potatoes, cauliflower, oats, shop-bought red pesto, corn flour, broccoli, carrots), 1 mug of red tea

Dinner - shop bought porridge (oats, sugar, flavouring), shop bought stewed apple, 1 mug of peppermint tea

Skincare and Makeup

Simple cleanser and Sudocrem AM and PM, soap, aloe lip therapy tin

Sleep and Exercise

Went to bed at 01:30, woke up at 08:00

General Health

Itchy skin, new cysts

Comments

• Itchy skin again - think it might be that new soap so am going to give it a rest for a few days, then re-try

• 3 inflamed cysts popped up today on jawline and chin. Unfortunately I picked at two of them - I won't be able to properly check whether these types of cysts are due to an intolerance or excess hormones until I have properly reduced the sugars/dairy

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 2 mugs of black tea with semi skimmed milk, shop bought porridge with cherry jam (oats, semi skimmed milk, flavouring, sugar, cherries)

Lunch - 1 gala apple, handful of cashews, 1 mug of red tea with semi skimmed milk

Dinner - Chicken soup (chicken, stock, sea salt, ground pepper, garlic, potatoes, cauliflower, oats, shop-bought red pesto, corn flour, broccoli, carrots), 1 glass of water

Dessert - meringue/cake/ice cream thing

Skincare and Makeup

Simple and Sudocrem AM only, Lynx shower gel, aloe lip therapy tin, Norweg formula

Sleep and Exercise

bed at 01:15, woke 07:30

Comments

Trying to bring back bedtime by 15 mins each night

More acne popping up now - did a bit of research into this and this ties in with changes in hormones at this point in my cycle. I would take the Evening Primrose Oil but am getting blood tests done early next week and don't want anything else to affect them

Feeling really hungry last few days and trying to resist pigging out too much

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 2 mugs of black tea with semi skimmed milk, an apple

Lunch - jacket potato with tuna and shop bought mayonnaise, salted butter, 1 mug of black tea with semi skimmed milk

Dinner - chargrilled chicken with sesame rye crackers

Evening - 1 sweet martini, 1 banana, 1 cup of valerian tea

Skincare and Makeup

warm water AM only, Lynx shower gel, aloe lip therapy tin, Norweg formula

Sleep and Exercise

bed at 01:00, woke 07:00

Comments

No veg eaten so need to concentrate on this.

Lots of sneezing when I was eating the apple, so maybe it was apples and not oranges I have a problem with. Or maybe just a coincidence. Plenty of apples here to test it.

The itching has stopped so I am going to start using the soap again and see what happens

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 2 cups of black tea with semi skimmed milk, few strips of chargrilled chicken, 4 sesame rye crackers (rye flour, sesame seeds, salt)

Lunch - Few strips of chargrilled chicken, 4 sesame rye crackers, chopped radishes, 5 lychees

Tea - Tuna salad (canned tuna, salt, pepper, potato, white wine vinegar, chickpeas, red pepper, green beans, olives, sweetcorn), 2 sesame rye crackers

Dinner - Paella (white rice, cod, prawns, squid, carrots, garlic, onion, butter, sugar snap peas, mussels, saffron, chicken, tomato puree, salt, turmeric, octopus, peas, red peppers, pollock, basil, thyme) 2 glasses of water, 7 lychees

Evening - 2 pieces of chocolate covered gingerbread, 1 banana, 2 mugs of valerian tea

Skincare and Make-up

Simple, Avene, soap, aloe lip therapy stick

Sleep and Exercise

Bed 12:10, woke 08:30

Comments

No itchiness from the soap so far

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

Just to mention--what you said about feeling faint, etc etc. I have the same condition, its called hypoglycemia --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoglycemia

It means that your body uses the sugars you put into really fast and that your body needs to be nourished more often with whole healthy foods and you need to watch out for sugar because you can have bad sugar crashes. also if you are like me you need to eat every 2-3 hrs or will feel sick, dizzy, headaches, etc and if you dont be careful you can passout and/or have seizures. I found what best helps is a diet much like a diabetic / low glycemic diet.

I am not entirely sure of the acne connection here, but im sure there is one somewhere lol. im still trying to figure it out myself but I have found out that a healthy diet and eating consistently has helped me enormously.

i am also very petite--around 5 ft 3 101 lbs. i have found most people with this condition are female, petite, and have a hard time gaining weight. to gain weight i have found working out at the gym and taking protein (hemp) a half hour afterwards has helped me gain a lil muscle mass.

best of luck :)

"Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

Just to mention--what you said about feeling faint, etc etc. I have the same condition, its called hypoglycemia --> http://en.wikipedia....ki/Hypoglycemia

It means that your body uses the sugars you put into really fast and that your body needs to be nourished more often with whole healthy foods and you need to watch out for sugar because you can have bad sugar crashes. also if you are like me you need to eat every 2-3 hrs or will feel sick, dizzy, headaches, etc and if you dont be careful you can passout and/or have seizures. I found what best helps is a diet much like a diabetic / low glycemic diet.

I am not entirely sure of the acne connection here, but im sure there is one somewhere lol. im still trying to figure it out myself but I have found out that a healthy diet and eating consistently has helped me enormously.

i am also very petite--around 5 ft 3 101 lbs. i have found most people with this condition are female, petite, and have a hard time gaining weight. to gain weight i have found working out at the gym and taking protein (hemp) a half hour afterwards has helped me gain a lil muscle mass.

best of luck smile.png

Hey, thanks for the comment and the link smile.png That def sounds like me, although recently it has been worse, I sometimes lose my balance and a couple of times near Christmas I had blurry vision. I am having a blood test tomorrow which includes blood glucose so will be interesting to see what comes back for that.

I only managed to get to 114 pounds by dosing myself with sugar so the hemp tip is useful - thanks! Good luck with your log

Hi guys, yesterdays log

Food/Supps

Breakfast - 1 cup of green vanilla tea (green tea, vanilla and flavouring), 1 cup of red tea with milk, shop bought porridge with 1/4 tsp cinnamon and cherry jam (oats, semi skimmed milk, flavouring, sugar, cherries)

Lunch - Canned mackerel in tomato sauce (not sure of ingredients but tasted very sweet to me), 1/2 a can butterbeans, 2 radishes, 2 sesame rye crackers, 4 lychees, 1 apple, a handful of cashews

Dinner - Paella (white rice, cod, prawns, squid, carrots, garlic, onion, butter, sugar snap peas, mussels, saffron, chicken, tomato puree, salt, turmeric, octopus, peas, red peppers, pollock, basil, thyme) 1 glass of water

Tea - shop bought porridge, 1 banana sprinkled with cinnamon, 2 cups of valerian tea

Skincare and Make-up

Simple, Avene, soap, aloe lip therapy stick, Simple toner, talc

Sleep and Exercise

Bed 12:20, woke 09:30

Comments

Still no itchiness from the soap, maybe it was something else

Was thinking about what else might have caused the itchiness and I remembered that raw tomatoes make my hands itchy when chopping them. So going to check out nightshade type intolerances, but I would be really upset if this were the case - really love chillies.

It's pretty interesting to read what other people experience with their diets and supplement intake, etc.. It's not something I'd paid much attention to prior making changes myself and seeing positive results. The only supplement I'm not too sure about personally is Zinc, mainly because the antibiotics I've been taking for acne advice against taking Zinc at the same time. I was taking it beforehand and can't really remember if it did anything for me one way or the other. Not sure if I'll reintroduce it when I finish taking Doxycycline next month. I've certainly seen positive changes as a direct result of taking Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A though, really pleased I checked those out.

The whole weight/metabolism thing is intriguing as well. Again, something else I hadn't really thought about. I'm about 110lbs at the most and definitely underweight for my height. I eat regular meals - sometimes four a day - and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, my weight's been the same since my teens. Didn't really bother me then but I'm pretty self-conscious about how skinny I am these days. That's just on a physical level though, I'd never given any thought to what influence metabolism might have on acne. Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't. The only think I can think of which seems kind of logical to me would be about how efficient the body is in terms of making good use of the nutrients we put in. My doctor told me that I was deficient in both Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin A which is why I supplement those, so I guess there is an issue there in terms of metabolism or how well the body uses the nutrients.

Still no itchiness from the soap, maybe it was something else

Was thinking about what else might have caused the itchiness and I remembered that raw tomatoes make my hands itchy when chopping them. So going to check out nightshade type intolerances, but I would be really upset if this were the case - really love chillies.

Thoughts become words
Words become actions
Actions become habits
Habits become character
Character becomes destiny
It is time to change my destiny

You look like a guy I banged once.