This topic is archived.
78 replies to this topic

#1 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Hi guys,

this is my first post, I have been checking out Acne.org for a long time and meaning to start a log. I am planning to log everything I eat; I will probably also include a few other things like skincare etc and I will take pics every week.

My diet is pretty bad at the moment and so hopefully by having to write it down here I will be forced to improve it through sheer embarassment. My first targets are to decrease the amount of processed foods and table/added sugar I eat and increase vegetables and water. I will probably have to work my way through the processed foods I already have in the kitchen and of course Christmas is here so I will probably end up eating badly for a bit until Jan.

I have seen a lot on the boards about dairy but for the moment I am planning to keep on using milk as I only really drink it in tea. I might trial cutting it out altogether once I have improved the rest of my diet. I am open to suggestions about diet/meals/menus. I will also be checking out the recipe resource.

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

So here is today's log

5 slices of toast with unsalted butter
4 black teas with milk and teaspoon sugar in each
1 red tea with milk and teaspoon sugar
1 glass water
chilli con carne and mixed veg (sweetcorn, sweet peppers, green beans) and 4 trees of broccoli
2 chocolate 'Breakaways'

I washed my face with plain water this morning and this evening. I am not using anything topical tonight as my skin is irritated but am planning on using Avene Cleanance K on other nights.

#2 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Music, cats, fashion, making clothes, makeup, Twin Peaks, Dr Who, video games

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi guys,

Last night after I posted I also had a muller corner yoghurt (milk choc digestive), a teaspoon of lemon curd and a clementine. I went up to bed at 01:32 and was asleep pretty quickly, woke up at 07:00. Will be going to bed a bit earlier tonight!

Today I have eaten: 2 slices white bread with unsalted butter, onion crisps, 2 chocolate breakways, 1 orange fritt (sweets/candy), 1 clementine, a can of cream of chicken soup, 4 trees of broccoli, 1 teacup and 4 mugs of black tea with milk and 1 teaspoon sugar in each, a handful of nuts including brazil, almonds, walnuts and raisins, a few chunks of cooked ham and 2 teacups of green and jasmine tea.

On my skin - I washed my face this morning with plain water and used a shower gel and body brush on my back and shoulders. Tonight I have used Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Lotion with cotton wool and the Simple Kind to Skin Soothing facial toner, so no water used this evening. Once my bag of cotton wool has run out I plan to use the cleanser like a hot cloth cleanser - with muslin or flannel and warm water. I used the Avene Cleanance K cream as a treatment on my face, neck, shoulders and back.

I didn't use any make-up today and I used Vaseline Lip Therapy with Aloe Vera as lip balm this evening and The Body Shop Vit E night cream on my arms and legs, not on chest/torso area. On hands I used Neutrogena Norwegian Formula unscented hand cream.

Whilst I was brushing my teeth I checked out the ingredients of my toothpaste - was looking for sls, it isn't listed as an ingredient which really surprised me as I thought most toothpastes had them. This is a cheapo toothpaste so I expected it to be in there.

Tomorrow we have family over and lots of gingerbread will be eaten and lots of other bad foods which is inevitable for this time of year but from tomorrow onwards I am going to cut out the white sugar added to my black tea. Also I am going to cut down on the black tea - maybe only a couple in the morning. Not sure about the effects of caffeine on acne, I will probably do some research before cutting it out completely. I do like Jasmine and red tea so I think I could do it. Very hard for someone in the UK to cut out black tea - practically a religion here!

#3 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Oily skin.

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:13 PM

Also - a little bit of background. I have had acne since I was ten, now in my 30s. Over this time I have tried all the topicals available to me via the NHS and also antibiotics, dianette, yasmin and 2 lots of roaccutane. Roaccutane and yasmin worked the best. I think I also have some excess hair growing more recently, especially since coming off the contraceptives. My skin is incredibly greasy - I haven't seen anyone elses as greasy, even on this website! My skin feels very itchy when it is greasy, and most of the sore red acne is on my neck and cheeks. Elsewhere it is 'pebbly' looking on my forehead or some blackheads e.g. on nose area. As for my health generally I have some symptoms of both PCOS and also endometriosis and am waiting to see my GP about this. I am slim and have always found it hard to gain weight. My appetite has varied a lot over the years and I used to eat a huge amount of food but much less now. I am 5ft 3 and weigh approx 8 Stone (I think that is 112 pounds?) might be a little more, I don't have scales at home!

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

#4 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hi Guys,

Last night after I posted I had another Clementine.
Today: -
3 mugs black tea with milk
1 mug red tea with milk
2 mugs mulled wine
1 teacup earl grey tea with milk
2 slices white bread toasted with unsalted butter
hot smoked peppered salmon
cooked ham
cured ham
stilton
brie
camembert
white bread roll
salted roasted cashews
dried cranberries
1 butter chocolate biscuit
1 piece shortbread
1 sausage roll
sour cream and chive pringles with tomato salsa
1 mini kinder chocolate
A few pieces of sliced apple
2 biscuits (savoury ones for cheese)
gingerbread

Last night I went to bed at 23:50 and woke up at 07:00.

Skincare - I used my Simple Cleanser with cotton wool and the toner with cotton wool this morning. Then Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing moisturiser. I used my shower gel but didn't use the body brush today. I used Revlon foundation, Rimmel concealer, Rimmel powder, Clinique eyeliner, The Body Shop eyeliner, Eylure brow gel, Benetint, Rimmel mascara, Aloe Vera vaseline on lips and j'adore perfume. I am trying to streamline products I use so will be useful to keep a note. Also, once my perfumes have finished I am not intending to buy anymore as I think the alcohol probably isn't good for the skin.

I have noticed that wearing makeup seems to make me less likely to pick at or scratch at my cheeks. And the acne doesn't itch. Not sure why; I think foundation helps to protect the skin a little from the cold/heat.

This evening I have taken off the make-up with The Body Shop Camomile eye make up remover, and the Simple cleanser and toner all using cotton wool.
I used Avene cream on my face, neck, chest and back. I haven't had much reaction to the Avene yet, considering I had been using Differin for 8 weeks before this. After the Avenue had sunk in I dabbed some Sudocrem onto some spots and areas of redness.
I used Vaseline Aloe Vera as lip balm and Norwegian Formula on hands.

I was thinking it might be better to take pics more frequently as my acne can sometimes be very changeable, possibly something to do with where I am on my cycle? Anyway at the moment spots are healing but this may change by next week/next 10 days.

I managed to keep to my target of not drinking tea with sugar, although I made up for it with all the snacks today haha, will be the same story for Christmas Day and Boxing Day no doubt.

Hope everyone who is celebrating has a good time tonight and tomorrow.

#5 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

How does your acne look now?

What is 8 Stone? Lol. I too am very oily and I have trouble gaining weight. Sometimes I think these are due to not properly digesting triglycerides(fats), since sebum is partly made up of triglycerides. Everyone says oily skin is caused by hormones though. Have you considered dietary supplements? Supplements such as pantothenic acid, zinc, vitamin A, MSM, and betaine HCL have decreased oil production in some people.

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

#6 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi Omnivium,

haha yes stones are a bit antiquated, we should be using Kilos for body weight by law of the EU but nobody bothers in the UK!

Interesting what you say about digestion of fats. When I was younger I ate huge amounts of fatty food, more than all my female and even male friends and weight never changed. Also if I don't eat frequently I feel faint and sick and I have always considered there is some sort of link between my appetite, fast digestion/metabolism and acne. When I eat fatty foods e.g fried English breakfast my skin feels greasier and itchy - though no scientific testing on the amount of sebum so hard to guage whether this is just me being paranoid or there is an effect.

Out of the supplements you mentioned I have tried pantothenic acid, zinc and Vit A. Unfortunately this was several years ago now and I never kept a log. I do however like taking zinc as I have noticed that even taking it on the first day of a cold can help. Am planning to add zinc back into my diet in the future.

The one supplement I do remember making a difference with sebum was flax seed oil - which is strange as I have seen on these boards that it can aggravate acne. I need to research this one a bit more but would like to try it again.

The spots have dried up a bit since I took the photos although a few others have appeared. This is 'calm' at the moment though and over the next 10 days the acne will go nuts again. It changes rapidly so I am going to take more frequent photos.

Which supplements have you taken/have altered sebum production for you?

Sebum might not be caused by fats. Others here say that carbs or high glycemic index meals raise blood sugar, which increases testosterone and leads to more sebum. So it could be anything.

That's weird about the flax seed oil. I thought it could only increase oil, if anything.

Unfortunately no supplements have reduced oil for me. The ones I mentioned decreased oil in others, but not me. Pantothenic acid didn't do anything for me, vitamin A didn't do anything(I might not have been absorbing it), zinc helps with acne but not oil, and I didn't try betaine HCL yet. I'm trying MSM right now, but it seems to be making my acne and oil a little worse.

#7 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks Omnivium, when I took the flax seed oil it was because I had been doing some research on skin problems and it was supposed to help - unfortunately I cannot find the reference for this but if I do I will send it to you. All I remember is that the sebum reduced and my skin didn't feel itchy.

I just noticed you have a log re MSM, which I had never heard of before, I will be checking it out.

#8 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Omnivium, when I took the flax seed oil it was because I had been doing some research on skin problems and it was supposed to help - unfortunately I cannot find the reference for this but if I do I will send it to you. All I remember is that the sebum reduced and my skin didn't feel itchy.

I just noticed you have a log re MSM, which I had never heard of before, I will be checking it out.

So without the flax seeds your skin normally feels itchy?

You can check out my MSM log, but so far I would not recommend using it.

#9 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yep, my skin feels itchy everywhere there is excess sebum, and more so if there is active acne. The only time it wasn't itchy is when I used the flax or when I use oral contraceptives or roaccutane - and there was less sebum. Or if I use foundation I sometimes mix in milk of magnesia which mattifes the skin somewhat and then the skin doesn't feel itchy.

#10 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Hi guys,

Food
1 Mug of black tea with milk and 1 sugar (My fella made this one for me with sugar haha)
1 Earl Grey tea with milk
1 Sausage Roll
Handful of dolly mixture
1 mug black tea with milk
Handful of peanuts
2 handfuls of dried cranberries
Handful of prawns with dressing, lettuce, cayenne and lemon
Roast turkey
Bread sauce
spoonful of carrots
Few strips of parsnip
Approx 5 sprouts
3 Pigs in blankets
gravy
4 roast potatoes
2 spoonfuls pork stuffing
dessert bowlful of trifle
1 snowball
3 glasses grape juice
1 mint chocolate
1 chocolate truffle
3 savoury biscuits with brie and stilton
A few sour cream and chive pringles
1 mug of cocoa

Skincare for Acne
AM - Splashed with water, TBS Tea Tree Skin Clearing lotion
PM - Orange shower gel with body brush on back and shoulders, removed eye makeup with TBS camomile and a warm wet muslin cloth, removed rest of make up with Simple Cleanser and warm wet muslin. Agera microderma mask with activator which made my skin super smooth feeling. Avene cream on all affected areas. Sudocrem on sore spots.

Sleep
Last night went to bed at 03:00, woke up at 09:00.

Exercise
None really, did some cleaning and chores for my grandad.

General Skin Care
Norwegian formula on hands, TBS Strawb lip balm amd aloe vera lip therapy

Makeup/Misc
Revlon foundation, Rimmel concealer, Rimmel powder, TBS mascara, Benetint, MAC lipstick, TBS eyeliner, eylure brow gel, collection 2000 lipliner, j'adore and Sensi perfumes.

Comments
  • The food/drink was to be expected, and tomorrow I am out again for Boxing Day dinner so will be similar sort of foods/drink.
  • My skin feels cleaner when using the hot cloth cleansing method, and as I am now out of cotton wool will be using this method from now on. I also get the make up off better this way.
  • I weighed myself and am 8st 2/52 Kg/114 pounds
  • Need to sort my sleep and exercise out
  • I will take some more photos tomorrow if I can get clearer pics
Hope everyone had a good day whatever they were up to.

#11 Omnivium

Omnivium

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:01 PM

I noticed you said you weigh 114 pounds, and you said it was hard to gain weight. If you want to gain weight, it might help to check out Tunnelvisionary's thread. http://www.acne.org/...__fromsearch__1 He made a good argument for gluten intolerance being a cause of the inability to gain weight.

#12 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Thanks I will take a look!

#13 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Hi guys,

Food
5 black teas with milk
1 glass lemonade
2 slices toasted white bread with brie
Handful of dolly mixture
Handful of pringles
Roast turkey
Cooked ham
Few slices Camembert
Potato salad
Few slices Cheddar
Few slices Stilton with cranberries
Few savoury biscuits
Handful of peanuts
1 choc chip cookie
2 pieces of Xmas cake
2 Sausage rolls
1 green & jasmine tea

Skincare for Acne
AM Simple cleanser with warm water and muslin, TBS TT Moist, Orange shower gel
PM Simple cleanser with warm water and muslin, Avene cream

Sleep
Went to bed at 01:00, woke up at Midday(!)

Exercise
None

General Skin Care
Norw formula on hands, Strawb lip balm

Make-up/Misc
j'adore, Benetint, Rimmel Conc,TBS Masc, TBS Eyel, Eylure BG, Rimmel Pow, Revlon Foun

General Health
Last night I had sinus pain but it had cleared by this morning - probably due to bad sleeping pattern this last week
Pelvic ache and ache in right leg last night and all today

Comments

Too much caffeine today - didn't even notice it as I was at someone else's house
The lack of sleep from previous nights caught up with me last night
I tried not to eat as many sugary things today, and will keep on trying to do this, then next is bread and sugary cereals.
I will take new pics tomorrow morning
I thought putting in a section on gen health was a gd idea

Edited by Peony7, 28 December 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#14 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:50 PM

Hi guys,

Food
2 slices white toast with lemon curd
3 Earl Grey T with milk
1 green and jasmine t
1 clementine
Handful of dolly mixture
6 choc chip cookies
2 Sausage rolls
Handful of gummy sweets
3 biscuits with brie
1 martini and lemonade

Acne Skincare
AM - Simple Cleanser with warm water and muslin, orange shower gel (contains sls) with body brush, TT moist, MOM
PM - As above but took eye make-up off with camomile eye make-up remover and used Avene.

Sleep
Went to bed at 01:30 last night, woke up at 11:00 today.

Exercise
None

General Skin Care
Lip therapy aloe vera

Make-up/Misc
j'adore, Benetint, Rimmel Conc,TBS Masc, TBS Eyel, Eylure BG, Rimmel Pow, Revlon Foun, MAC lipstick

General Health
Nothing really. Slight redness around eyes this morning, could be either the poor sleeping or the Camomile eye makeup remover which is useless at removing mascara.

Comments
  • I am going to trial removing white bread from my diet, along with the sugary snacks and sugary cereals from tomorrow.
  • My acne on jaw line is slightly calmer since before Christmas, my only worry was that I have been spending a lot of time at someone else's home and they have the heating on really high! Made my skin feel really greasy and itchy, which is why I used MOM today.
  • I didn't eat that much today - I think the high heat has been getting to me.

#15 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

Hi guys,

Food
Breakfast
scrambled eggs (2 eggs, pinch salt and pepper, stilton, unsalted butter), 1 clementine, 1 Earl Grey tea with semi skimmed milk, 1 bowl of porridge (oats, semi skimmed milk, and another clementine)

Late Afternoon
1 small mug of green and jasmine tea, 1 small mug of green vanilla tea, handful of pringles

Dinner
1 bowl of lentil soup (brown lentils, potatoes, carrots, onion, leek, smoked pork sausage, smoked pork belly, tomato puree, salt, flour, veg oil)

Mid evening
2 small mugs peppermint tea, 1 raw carrot, 5 crackers and biscuits with stilton, brie and camembert, a glass of water.

Late Evening
a can of red salmon, 1 small mug of valerian tea (limeflowers, valerian root, hops, passion flower, fennel)

Acne skincare
AM - Simple cleanser with warm water and muslin, TT moist, Orange shower gel
PM - Simple cleanser with warm water and muslin, Avene cream, used my partners Lynx 'Dark Temptation' shower gel, which contains scent of chocolate to attract women lol! Body brush. Sudocrem on jawline/neck.

Sleep
Went to bed at 1:30 last night, woke up at 12:30 in afternoon.

Exercise
Went out for a walk

General skin care
Lip therapy aloe, Norweg Formula on hands

Make-up/misc
None

General Health
No problems

Supplement
1 multivitamin (A, D, E, C, B1, B2, niacin, B6, folic acid, B12, Pantothenic acid) - My partner bought these for me when I was ill earlier in the year and I thought I may as well use them up whilst I am doing my research on supplements - they are just a cheap supermarket brand.

Comments
Today I didn't eat any bread or white sugar and I think this has caused me to feel hungrier than normal and I have been eating lots of protein to make up for it. Still feeling hungry now and its after midnight here. Also, I didn't want to eat too much fruit so I need to research good snacks a bit more and maybe increase the portion sizes of meals to help deal with this.
I have a few new whiteheads along my jawline on both sides, 2 new whiteheads on my neck and 1 new cyst on my rh side jaw.
I went out without makeup today, which is liberating, but it does mean that my skin looks oilier.
I am thinking of trying flaxseed or evening primrose oil for the breakouts related to my cycle.

Edited by Peony7, 28 December 2011 - 06:24 PM.

#16 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi guys,

Food
Breakfast - porridge (oats, milk, 1 clementine), 1 Earl Grey tea with milk, 1 peppermint tea.
Late Afternoon - 1 peppermint tea, 4 crackers/biscuits with camembert, 2 slices of Black Forest Ham,1 glass of water, a few twiglets
Dinner - chili con carne (minced beef, chopped tomatoes, chillies, salt, carrot, onion, tomato puree, sweetcorn, veg oil, paprika, chili powder), 4 trees of broccoli, 1 glass water
Evening - 1 apple, 1 peppermint tea, 1 mug of cocoa (milk, cocoa powder), 2 handfuls of sour cream and chive pringles)

Acne Skincare
AM - As previous day
PM - As previous day

Sleep
Went to bed at 1:30, woke up at 12:30 this afternoon.

Exercise
None

General Skin Care
Lip therapy aloe, Norweg formula on hands

Make-up/Misc
None

General Health
Puffy eyes all day, sinus pain this morning, headache this evening

Supplement
1 multivit

Comments
  • In the 1st post I forgot to mention one of the main reasons for me cutting out sugar etc. When I was approx 13 I got my train track style braces and my orthodontist gave me an A4 sheet with a huge list of things I wasn't meant to eat. So, as I was a good little 13 yr old I followed this list. At around the same time we were doing a water challenge at school - we were sponsored to increase our consumption of water. I did both and my acne disappeared and so did the oiliness. At the time I put it down to a new moisturiser I was using which contained zinc. I remember a lot of people commenting on my skin and saying how good it looked and I kept recommending this moisturiser. Anyway, my bad diet returned and I stopped drinking water and the oiliness and acne came back, even with using the moisturiser. I didn't think too much about it until a later date. The list was mostly hard foods and sugary foods and foods that could stain the braces.
  • Dairy - I just noticed that after saying in my first post I don't consume it that much I have been eating lots of cheese every day haha, just goes to show what you notice when you write things down.
  • Bad sleeping - I have to be up early tomorrow so hopefully this will break the cycle.

Edited by Peony7, 29 December 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#17 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hi guys,

Food

Breakfast - Porridge (oats, whole milk), 1 black tea with whole milk
Lunch - steak, chips with seasoning, apple juice
Tea - Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam, 1 English Breakfast tea with whole milk and sugar
Handful of maltesers, 1 peppermint tea, 2 kinder chocolates, 1 choc chip cookie

Acne skincare
AM - As previous day
PM - As previous day

Sleep
Went to bed at 1:30, woke up at 10:00.

Exercise
Walking - approx two lots of 15 mins fast-ish walking

General Skin Care
lip therapy aloe, Norweg formula on hands

Make-up/Misc
j'adore, Benetint, Rimmel Conc,TBS Masc, TBS Eyel, Eylure BG, Rimmel Pow, Revlon Foun.

General Health
Slight pelvic ache in the afternoon.

Supplement
1 multivit

Comments

Lots of acne has popped up over the last 2 days which could be diet, sleep or just changes in my hormones related to my cycle.
I went out shopping/to the pictures today and ended up having a few things with sugar in.
Didn't have enough water or any veg today.
Not sure about how tomorrow or New Years Day will pan out - quite likely I will just give in a little as I am at someone else's house
Skin has been itchy the last two days.
Trying to aim for 5 peppermint teas a day since this is meant to help with androgens, having difficulty doing this. Think I might try putting two tea bags in each mug so I get a concentrated dose

Edited by Peony7, 01 January 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#18 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

Hi Guys,

New Year's Eve Log

Food
Breakfast - scrambled eggs (2 eggs, sea salt, pepper), 2 choc chip cookies, handful of dolly mixture, 2 peppermint teas
Dinner - steak and chips, salt and ketchup
Evening - sausage rolls, gingerbread, 2 glasses of cider, mug of mulled wine, 1 black tea with milk, gummy sweets, chocolate biscuits

Acne skincare
AM - As previous day
PM - As previous day

Sleep
Went to bed at 1:30, woke up at 09:00

Exercise
None
General Skin Care
lip therapy aloe, Norweg formula on hands

Make-up/Misc
Sensi, Benetint, Rimmel Conc,TBS Masc, TBS Eyel, Eylure BG, Rimmel Pow, Revlon Foun, Clinique Eyel, Mac lipstick, MOM

General Health
Ache in pelvis and all down right leg

Supplement
None

Comments
  • Am pretty sure that the ache I get in my leg is also related to hormones, and therefore may be made better by eating the right foods?
  • Lol - no set diet plan today!
  • Took more photos today, acne is worse.

#19 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Hi guys,

Happy New Year!

Food
Breakfast - 2 mugs of black tea with milk

Dinner - Roast pork, roast pots, carrots, brussels sprouts, roast parsnip, gravy, apple sauce, apple and raspberry strudel with cream

Tea - 1 teacup of black tea with milk, biscuits/crackers with camembert and stilton, breadcrumb ham, Black Forest ham, half a glass of pepsi, half a glass of milk, some Swiss chocolates

Skincare and Makeup
Simple cleanser AM and PM, AM - TT Moist, PM - Avene and Sudocrem.
lip therapy aloe, Norweg formula, Simple eye make-up remover, muslin and warm water
Sensi, Benetint, Rimmel Conc,TBS Masc, TBS Eyel, Eylure BG, Rimmel Pow, Revlon Foun, Clinique Eyel, MOM

Sleep and Exercise
Went to bed at 1:30, woke up at 09:30

Comments
  • When I see my GP I might ask for differin again as it is pretty good at clearing up the acne and doesn't have the same negatives as BP does for me. I will still keep on using this log as I need to improve my diet, exercise etc, and I am hoping I can influence the amount of oil produced.
  • Also, my mum has rosacea and has been using retinoic type products for years - her skin looks a lot younger than other people her age. I am thinking that it is not necessarily a bad thing to use a topcial and if I can control some of the oiliness through my diet I may be able to use differin every other night instead of every day.
  • Now that most of the party season is over I can concentrate on meal plans that might help the skin.
  • Ache in right leg

Edited by Peony7, 19 January 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#20 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi guys,

Food and Supps
Breakfast - slice of cherry pie, 1 mug of black tea with whole milk, 1 mug of peppermint tea

Lunch - 2 eggs fried with sunflower oil, gingerbread

Dinner - haddock, oven chips, peas, carrots, broccoli, green beans, sweetcorn, salsa, dolly mixture, 2 glasses of pepsi, 1 multivit

Tea - 2 mugs of peppermint tea, chocolate money, choc chip cookie, slice of cherry pie

Skincare and Makeup
Washed with oats and warm water AM and PM, TT moist AM. Avene and sudocrem PM, lip therapy aloe, Norweg formula

Sleep and Exercise
Went to bed at 01:00 last night, woke up at 09:00

Comments
  • Lots of spots, mostly on the jaw line, I can't get good photos of the acne as my webcam whites my face out too much
  • Sore puffy eyes - probably from the eye make-up remover last night

Edited by Peony7, 19 January 2012 - 11:55 AM.