Photo

Wellcell Light Therapy..anyone Heard Of This?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

someone posted this in response to my desperate saga of trying to rid my chin of constant congestion and sebum plugs. I had skin issues for 30yrs and cant take it so this was recommended to me on this site..

This is what he posted: www.acnetreatmentbywellcell.com

I suffered terribly from acne as a teenager and into my early 20s. I was loathe to use chemically based treatments or medications so I started looking into natural, holistic remedies for acne and skin problems and a year ago I discovered the wellcell.
The wellcell is a small garage opener size device that you carry in your pocket daily that emits light frequencies which treat health issues at a cellular level.

To be honest when I first found it I thought it all sounded a bit fruity and too good to be true but a friend of mine started using it for chronic migraines and within 3 months she wasn't having migraines anymore. She hadn't changed her diet, sleeping patterns, exercise or any other part of her lifestyle.

So I bought a wellcell and one year later my acne is COMPLETELY gone.
Not only that I feel healthier, more energised and more youthful.
I've never been one to get sucked in by a gimmick but the wellcell is honestly the best health treatment I have ever come across not only for acne but for every health issue i've had.

any one think this is a hoax?

#2 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:54 PM

Hoax. There's no such thing as "light frequencies" to treat acne, least of all emanating when tucked away into your bra. Red-/blue-light therapies (the real thing) work by killing P. acnes, but, incidentally, they're backed by studies (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22095176, http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22091799). You'd be buying this product based on nothing but the "good word" of its creator.

Edited by nomit, 22 December 2011 - 05:50 PM.

#3 EWalk

EWalk

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

it's not a hoax! wellcell is a real thing, designed by New Zealander Rob Hedgman. It helped his wife recover from debilitating cancer

Light therapies do not solve the problem and aren't supposed to be some miracle cure but they do help to support your bodies production of good cells that will in time help to alleviate or reduce the symptoms of a variety of health problems, including acne. Tests have been done with regards to the effectiveness of the wellcell as I looked into it, because at first I thought it sounded ridiculous, but the more research I did in light therapy the more compelling the arguments became. Light therapy also isn't exclusive to the wellcell, there are a number of options around regarding this kind of treatment so you are free to shop around and get differing opinions if you want. The wellcell was just the most affordable, reputable and effective one I could find and it worked for me! But it's really up to you and how you want to approach your treatment and health, this is just an option you could consider. But I promise it isnt a hoax, light therapy is a real and effective treatment. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

#4 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

it's not a hoax! wellcell is a real thing, designed by New Zealander Rob Hedgman. It helped his wife recover from debilitating cancer

Light therapies do not solve the problem and aren't supposed to be some miracle cure but they do help to support your bodies production of good cells that will in time help to alleviate or reduce the symptoms of a variety of health problems, including acne. Tests have been done with regards to the effectiveness of the wellcell as I looked into it, because at first I thought it sounded ridiculous, but the more research I did in light therapy the more compelling the arguments became. Light therapy also isn't exclusive to the wellcell, there are a number of options around regarding this kind of treatment so you are free to shop around and get differing opinions if you want. The wellcell was just the most affordable, reputable and effective one I could find and it worked for me! But it's really up to you and how you want to approach your treatment and health, this is just an option you could consider. But I promise it isnt a hoax, light therapy is a real and effective treatment. Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you!

Would love a link to these "tests". Preferably PubMed, not some privately hosted site where just about anything passes as research...

Edited by nomit, 22 December 2011 - 05:49 PM.

#5 apricot76

apricot76

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:01 PM

hi everyone :)

i just started following this forum and saw that you guys are talking about wellcell as an acne treatment. My Dad actually got the wellcell to help with sleeping problems and anxiety a while ago and it helped him a LOT. So i tried it for my skin and its helped it sooo much. my skin used to be really bad - very red and sore, all over my face and also on my back (not ideal as a chef in training I have to say) but since i've been using it its helped clear it up big time. i read that they did this test on 2 separate bowls of fruit in a moderated space. they put the wellcell with one bowl at one end of a large room for 2 weeks and after that time the bowl that had the wellcell was still ripe and good to eat, but the other bowl of fruit on the other side of the room was rotten and needed to be thrown out. so it must do something i reckon. i'd recommend it for sure.

#6 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:27 PM

wow...now I'm really confused...I noticed the price was in NZ dollars...anyone know the US $ amount? Im really thinking about it....

#7 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:56 PM

wow...now I'm really confused...I noticed the price was in NZ dollars...anyone know the US $ amount? Im really thinking about it....

Please, for your sake and mine, don't. I'm in the same boat as you - looking to do whatever it takes to get rid of this damn acne. But these cure-everything products aren't the answer, and, besides wasting your money, can often rack up hundreds of dollars through fine prints/multiple charges.

While I personally don't agree that homeopathy and diet are a cure for acne, the good folks in those forums know what their talking about, and are happy to help you if that's the road you're looking for (natural and holistic, that is). Plus, they're free.

Edited by nomit, 22 December 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#8 Jaggs

Jaggs

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hi wicky

I am a wellcell user and I thought I would let you know how it has worked for me, maybe it might give some more validity to the product or answer some of your concerns.
I had acne as a teenager and never really found any product that worked. I used benzoyl peroxide cream for a while and that helped at first but then my skin became dry and irritated and the acne came back worse than ever. After the pain of having my acne come back after I thought it was gone I swore off chemically based treatments for fear of causing more permanent damage to my skin. So while looking up natural treatments I came across articles on light therapy and through this wellcell. I have been using wellcell for about a year and a half and I have seen a definite improvement in my skin.

Unlike what EWalk said about not having to change anything about your lifestyle I did make some changes. I became a vegetarian, cut down on my alcohol and caffeine intake and tried to exercise in the fresh air more. This, combined with the wellcell, has helped me so much. I know it was only with the help of the wellcell as I have tried changing my diet before and it never helped as much as it did with the wellcell.

Also I bought it when I was still at university and so I didn't have much extra cash to be splashing out on expensive treatments. The wellcell was easy to afford as you only have to update your treatment every 3 months and you can stop whenever you want, there is no contract you have to sign or minimum payments you have to make monthly or anything. You do have to be committed and have it with you every day and the results won't happen overnight but like all good things it is worth the wait.

Sometimes I think it's not a case of being duped into something because you are desperate but about keeping an open mind to potential therapies that exist outside the mainstream. If it works for you that's awesome but if not at least you know you have checked off one other avenue and can move forward from there because I found being active about solving my acne helped my psychological well-being far more than sitting around despairing about it.

I hope this helps and best of luck!

oh and if you want to convert the price to another currency just go to www.coinmill.com and it will do it for you!

#9 apricot76

apricot76

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

I found that drinking lots more water helped me too. i started drinking between 3-4 litres a day, which sounds quite epic but you'd be surprised how much better you feel. wellcell+water was the best thing for it ever... flushed my whole system out. plus it's natural. jaggs - i used benzoyl peroxide cream for a while too and my skin really responded to it, but eventually after using it twice a day for ages - my skin built up a resistance to it, and it stopped working properly. it was also extremely harsh and i hear that it actually thins your skin, cos i used to get sunburnt way faster than usual. in the end, i guess what really made me try the wellcell was that i could do 3 months and get my money back if i didn't feel like it was getting better. but i never had to cos it really worked for me. i guess the thing to remember is that whatever you put in, you get out... its the same for your skin.

#10 kiwiguyindubai

kiwiguyindubai

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Tried it. It worked. No Hoax.

#11 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for all the replies. It seems a bit confusing, did you find this? I'm really thinking about doing it because I've tried every thing I can think of and I'm out of options. I'm literally losing myself and my family over my skin issues. If it were just pimples then there are specific products to treat them. I have rosacea, huge disgusting pores that fill with hard sebum that I have to pick out daily and sebhorreic dermatitis. I'm wondering how long it took to notice a difference in your skin. Thx

#12 wicky

wicky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

I havent purchased the well cell yet but am wondering what other people think of this..hoax or help? Im slowly disapearing over my skin issues as nothing as helped...I thought diet and the hollistic route would benefit me but its been one year and Im only getting worse.