Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rash/bumps From Applying Too Much Tretinoin, Suggestions?

4 posts in this topic

So I had a big "undergrounder" trying to pop up, and out of frustration (and fright, because it was big and HURT!) I globbed on myTretinoin gel. Well the zit went away...but now I have a red bumpy rash on that spot on my chin. I figured no big deal, it will go away on it's own. But it's been quite a few days and it's showing no signs of improvement. I am definitely NOT allergic to Tretinoin...and I'm not blaming it on the Tretinoin either...I take full responsibility for this happening. I am careful to avoid that area now when I apply it an night...but is there anything else I can do to help speed up the healing process? And has anyone ever had this happen before? Suggestions PLEASE!

Been there :/

For now, I would put on some Cortisone Cream or Cortisone Ointment. That's what I do whenever I get a rash caused by Tretinoin. It will speed up the healing and not break you out. Good luck!

Regimen...

AM

-cleanse with 365 Gentle Skin Cleanser

-apply Duac

-moisturize with 365 Moisturizing Lotion

-apply Neutrogena Baby Face Ultra Gentle Sunblock SPF 50

PM

-cleanse with 365 Gentle Skin Cleanser

-moisturize with 365 Moisturizing Lotion

-wait 30 minutes

-apply 0.05 Tazorac

My Regimen Log...

http://www.acne.org/...ac-tazorac-005/

Skin Status...

-95% clear after 14 weeks on 0.025 Tretinoin

-broken out again after about 6 months of Tretinoin

-new regimen starting 5/17/12

Thanks for reading smile.png

Thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one. I did put cortisone cream on it one time, but then I got to reading the back of the tube and it said "apply to rash for itching." It doesn't itch, it's just ugly as all get out. So I wasn't sure if it'd actually help healing or not. I'll keep using it and see what happens. Thanks again :-)

Cortisone is a corticosteroid, acting as an immunosuppressant and anti-inflammatory agent. Its close cousin, prednisolone, is frequently used for treatment of anaphylaxis and other auto-immune disorders (typically, by intravenous injection). Regardless of the origin of a rash, cortisone is generally a good choice to relieve it due to its speed of action and remarkable efficacy. As you're probably aware, however, do NOT use cortisone for extended periods of time in a single area - it can cause dangerous thinning of the epidermis/dermis, ultimately leading to necrosis of the tissue.

"Now I've done it. There's urine everywhere."

Just another loud-mouthed prevaricator. The Kardashians are real, relatable, educated, and hard-working.