Photo

Is Post-Accutane Dryness Giving Me Premature Wrinkles?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Termolyt

Termolyt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

I'm 21 and it's been around 18 months since I quit accutane. If my skin was problem-free concerning acne I wouldn't hestitate about putting ounces of cream on it but as of now I've got some minor comedonal activity and occasional pimples. I don't know what to do. The only moisturizer I use now is an aloe vera gel, and very sparingly. I've gotten used to the feeling of a constantly burning skin (since way before accutane) but perhaps I should take more notice of how it feels because I sure see the results. I have that big wrinkle in the middle of the forehead (not big in the sense of deep, just the major one most people get) and it's not that uncommon for 21 year olds I suppose but I feel like it could have been abated... Do you think I should put on some of this called "canoderm" which is what I used during the accutane course:

coconut oil, polysorbat 60, cetostearylalkohol, hydrated rapeseed oil, propylenglykol, karbomer, dimetikon,solid paraffin, glycerolpolymetakrylat, propylparahydroxibensoat (E 216), metylparahydroxibensoat (E 218), natriumlaktatlösning, lactic acid, glycerylstearat, polyoxyetylenstearat, purified water.

?

(I didn't bother translating the slightly different chemical names from swedish)

I already drink loads of water (several litres a day).

Edited by Termolyt, 20 December 2011 - 02:18 PM.

#2 jcd85

jcd85

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

During the 5 mo I was on accutane, I developed deep laugh-line wrinkles from the base of my nose to the bottom of my mouth on either side. I previously had no wrinkles whatsoever. It happened around the 3rd month. I definitely wasn't producing oil during my course but my face never really got dry.. (although my lips did, obviously).. but I definitely attribute it to accutane and it's skin-thinning effects. However, if my oil and acne stays away, I will not complain. If the oil returns, the acne returns, and the wrinkles don't resolve, I will be PISSED.

P.S. I've tried all the most expensive things-- strivectin, all the lancome products, etc etc... HA supplements.. nothing really works once the wrinkles are there.

Edited by jcd85, 20 December 2011 - 09:53 PM.

#3 blahdeeblah

blahdeeblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

Botox baby!

Sadly. we aren't kids anymore and you will start noticing stuff like fine lines and wrinkles more and more- just try not to worry about them and always use sunscreen! Sun damage is definitely the biggest culprit and for a lot of people it's genetics.

I also have developed some prominent laugh lines that werent there before accutane....not too concerned about those.

I "talk" with my eyebrows...I have a really animated face when I'm talking and I developed really deep forehead wrinkles (I'm 26) but I get Botox every 3-4 months and away they go.

#4 blooper111

blooper111

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

Genetics my friend, genetics...

#5 Termolyt

Termolyt

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:57 AM

Botox baby!

Sadly. we aren't kids anymore and you will start noticing stuff like fine lines and wrinkles more and more- just try not to worry about them and always use sunscreen! Sun damage is definitely the biggest culprit and for a lot of people it's genetics.

I also have developed some prominent laugh lines that werent there before accutane....not too concerned about those.

I "talk" with my eyebrows...I have a really animated face when I'm talking and I developed really deep forehead wrinkles (I'm 26) but I get Botox every 3-4 months and away they go.

I hear ya but I'm a late bloomer when it comes to other things. Didn't get a deep voice until I was 16, haven't got proper facial hair yet etc. so it makes little sense to develop wrinkles and that's why I think it might be accutane related.

#6 IndigoRush

IndigoRush

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

Yes.. I got this too.
I'm 21 years old.
My forehead has frown lines.
I have a hell of a lot of other problems too, which I've tried to resolve without luck.

Many would attribute this to the lack of oil being produced, but liver-damage (which doesn't have to just be chlorestrol-related) will mean premature aging.
I, too, drink lots and lots of water.
I'm going to hazard a guess that you - like me - do this because you feel dehydrated a lot, and have dry mouth.

When I first wake up, I feel like I haven't had a drink in days.
My whole body feels dry and exhausted.

But hey ho - That's what happens when you poison yourself for several months.

I disagree about Sunscreen.
Most people believe you should wear sunscreen in order to prevent wrinkles.

Of course, this plays a factor, but in my opinion you only need sunscreen if you'd get burnt skin without it.
We're supposed to let the sun hit us. It's natural and supplies Vitamin D.
If you're going to lay out on a sun-lounger for hours - Yes, use sunscreen.
However, there is more chance of damaging yourself with sunscreen.
Like most products in beauty shops - What the hell are the ingredients?

Stress and damage to the body (i.e. smoking, drugs, alcohol abuse) are more likely to age you).
I feel your pain man, but we can't do anything about this one (unless you want to get botox every few months).

I'm fighting this, because I was hit in a huge number of ways.
Feel free to follow my videos on www.youtube.com/FireYourDoctor

This is the first one you could watch:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EMld7Dtpqbk

I'm making a series and plan to gather as many people together as I can, in order to show the extent of damage this drug has caused for so many.

All the best
You may be stuck in a rut, but that's just how you feel today.
Never ever give up, because help is on it's way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users