Photo

Minocycline + Solodyn + Ziana. Let's Go.

minocycline solodyn ziana antibiotic steroid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Hello! c:
I finally found the time to make a post! I'm so new here, but it looks like this site will help a lot. I look forward to posting here, even if I'm the only one reading about my [cross your fingers] progress. Pictures to come!

So about my skin; around 20% of my face affected by acne and scarring. Although most of it is just dark spots and hyper-pigmentation left behind from previous pimples, I constantly have new white heads and under-the-skin pimples appearing over night. I also have some spots on my back, but that's a different story. My skin is always oily, and quite shiny in a normal lighted room.
I went to my dermatologist for the first time in a long time yesterday. After having several topical treatments prescribed to me by my GP, my derm took a different route. She made the quick decision to put me on antibiotics and a steroid. After informing her on my allergy to sulfa, she got me on a 55mg dosage of minocycline; once a day before bed; and gave me ten 10mg prednisone tablets to take for ten days after breakfast. In addition, she got me a coupon for a big 60g tube of Ziana gel, which I'm supposed to use every night. Now my daily regimen looks something like this:

AM
- Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
- Cetaphil Moisturizer
- Take prednisone after eating
PM
- Take minocycline after eating
- Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser
- Benzoyl peroxide 5% (going on hold for now)
- Use Ziana (where should I fit in the moisturizer?)

I feel pretty confident in this treatment. I have just started, so the only thing I've done so far is taken one little prednisone tablet this morning. I'll keep this updated and will definitely include pictures, so if anyone is actually reading, wish me luck! Posted Image

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hi tictac! I am Ziana in the p.m. also as well as the topical antibiotic Aczone and cream finacea. I am about a month in Ziana and i haven't formed an opinion yet. My doc says that the 2nd month is when i should begin to notice changes (good and bad). I have a log with pictures in the gallery so feel free to stop by. Good luck with your treatment. Ziana is not as popular on these boards like Duac, BP and retin A so i'm excited to have a fellow Ziana user join.Posted Image

#3 Casablancaa

Casablancaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

Just wanted to mention, be cautious about taking the Minocycline within 1 to 2 hours of eating or drinking anything dairy (milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc) because it may slow down the absorption process of the antibiotic causing it not to work....

good luck with your regimen!

#4 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

Hi tictac! I am Ziana in the p.m. also as well as the topical antibiotic Aczone and cream finacea. I am about a month in Ziana and i haven't formed an opinion yet. My doc says that the 2nd month is when i should begin to notice changes (good and bad). I have a log with pictures in the gallery so feel free to stop by. Good luck with your treatment. Ziana is not as popular on these boards like Duac, BP and retin A so i'm excited to have a fellow Ziana user join.Posted Image

I also forgot to mention, my derm scheduled a follow up appointment for me in six weeks, and said that I should see some noticeable differences before then. Of course I hope they're good changes!
Thank you, I'll be sure to check out your pictures and hopefully get mine up soon too! Good luck to you as well! (:

Just wanted to mention, be cautious about taking the Minocycline within 1 to 2 hours of eating or drinking anything dairy (milk, ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc) because it may slow down the absorption process of the antibiotic causing it not to work....

good luck with your regimen!

I've heard things about stomach pains involving dairy and minocycline, but I haven't been warned about this and it's also important. I really don't need the effects of the treatment to be delayed! :P Thank you so much for the info!

#5 Casablancaa

Casablancaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

I've heard things about stomach pains involving dairy and minocycline, but I haven't been warned about this and it's also important. I really don't need the effects of the treatment to be delayed! Posted Image Thank you so much for the info!

Exactly, I notice that if I eat dairy within an hour of taking the pill, I breakout the next day.....but other than that, you should be clear very quickly =) It works great, the minocycline has cleared my skin within a week or 2...

#6 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

Exactly, I notice that if I eat dairy within an hour of taking the pill, I breakout the next day.....but other than that, you should be clear very quickly =) It works great, the minocycline has cleared my skin within a week or 2...

That's great! I've been searching around for anyone who's actually used it and has a nice success story. I'm starting tonight. (: Are you still taking it?

#7 Casablancaa

Casablancaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:03 PM

That's great! I've been searching around for anyone who's actually used it and has a nice success story. I'm starting tonight. (: Are you still taking it?

I was on Minocycline for 3 years and it worked wonderful, but I stopped taking it because I didn't need it anymore.......but I started a new birth control pill a few months ago and I have been breaking out like crazy from it, my face is so bad right now, so I'm back on Minocycline since last week and it's already clearing up the breakout from the pill =) How severe is your acne?

Edited by Casablancaa, 20 December 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#8 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:26 PM

I was on Minocycline for 3 years and it worked wonderful, but I stopped taking it because I didn't need it anymore.......but I started a new birth control pill a few months ago and I have been breaking out like crazy from it, my face is so bad right now, so I'm back on Minocycline since last week and it's already clearing up the breakout from the pill =) How severe is your acne?

My acne looks mild to moderate on its worst days. I only break out in my t-zone and at first glance you would think it's not that bad, but it's *really* stubborn. It's consistent and it's been getting worse just recently. Nothing I have tried has helped it, so I'm hoping for the best with Minocycline. I hope all goes well and results show up as fast as they did for you. Posted Image

Edited by tictac, 24 December 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#9 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Hey guys. c:
Second day of treatment! All is good; no bad reactions yet. Now I just hope it all works.
No upset stomach from the pills and no issues with the gel. And I took pictures today~ I'm not good at this, better ones next time lol.

photo 2edited.jpg

photo 1edited.jpg

So you can see I only have issues around my nose and chin. There's also a mess up at my forehead but I don't have a picture. I'm thankful that my acne isn't too bad to start with, but I could always use a little help right? Posted Image

#10 Casablancaa

Casablancaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:19 PM

Your skin looks great, you should be clear in no time at all since your acne isn't bad..

So it's official, I've been on Minocycline for only 7 days, and it cleared my severe cystic acne by 75% (bad hormonal acne)...there are no more cysts on my face, just scars....it's amazing that the antibiotic still works as well as it did years ago!

Here are my pics=
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/305901-generic-ortho-tri-cyclen-log-tri-sprintec-minocycline-with-photo-log/page__view__findpost__p__3195206

Minocycline is the best! Posted Image

#11 tictac

tictac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:20 PM

Your skin looks great, you should be clear in no time at all since your acne isn't bad..

So it's official, I've been on Minocycline for only 7 days, and it cleared my severe cystic acne by 75% (bad hormonal acne)...there are no more cysts on my face, just scars....it's amazing that the antibiotic still works as well as it did years ago!

Here are my pics=
http://www.acne.org/...ost__p__3195206

Minocycline is the best! Posted Image

That's amazing! Your skin will be flawless in no time at that rate.
I know my acne isn't all too bad (and I'm really thankful for that), but I can't even remember a time that I was 100% clear, and I hope Minocycline will do the trick. :)