Photo

Minocycline+Retin-A Micro+Diane35 22 Y/o F

antibiotics minocycline retin a micro ram birth control mild acne diane 35 concealer

2 replies to this topic

#1 kdrvr

kdrvr

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

Hi all! Totally new here and figured I'd start off documenting my Minocycline+RAM+Diane 35 BC regime.

I started developing acne at 21. I just recently turned 22 on the 5th of December. My acne started in early October after NEVER having had acne before at all. It started off with a small patch on the right side of my face of these cystic zits. They were SOOO itchy so I would itch and itch until it started to spread ALL over my cheek. It started to really freak me out because I had no idea what was happening. I had never had acne before. Hell, I just used to use water to wash my face and it was fine. Anyway, my cheek started getting many blemishes as did my forehead.

Very worried, I went to the doctor. He prescribed Diane 35 and gave me a referral to a dermatologist. This was late October now and my cheek was very inflamed and red. I started a BHA (big mistake) it left me oily which is odd because I have super dry skin and it also made me break out even more. So that went out the window.

Middle of November I finally got in at my dermatologist. He prescribed me Retin A Micro. I started using that on November 21 so its been about 4-5 weeks now. I don't see much of a difference. I use it sparingly every third night. It has made me peel and flake like crazy which sucks because applying foundation or concealer over my existing blemishes makes it look 10x worse.

Fast-forward to today. My doctor prescribed me Minocycline 100MG/day for one month, I'm going to start taking it tomorrow and I'm hoping (crossing fingers, toes & eyes here) that hopefully by the end of January I will see an improvement. I will be updating weekly probably every Sunday. Posted Image

My routine as follows;

AM:
PC clear normalizing cleanser
Embryolisse moisturizer

PM:
Mineral oil cleansing
Embryolisse moisturizer
& every third night a pea size amount of RAM.

I know its very basic but I like it this way. I am open to trying a new moisturizer I've heard good things about Cerave I may try the PM one.

#2 Casablancaa

Casablancaa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Clear Skin

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

you will love Minocycline....it gets you clear very quickly with little short term side effects X)

#3 gems2889

gems2889

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:I love food, house music, dancing, reading, sleeping, and been with my family :)

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

good luck Posted Image I was using ram for almost 3 month switch to epiduo but I think I might have to go back to it bc epiduo is breaking me out a lil bit ;( in areas I was already clear! but epiduo seems to dry the old pimples out quicker than RAM... I hate acne w.e. I am also using mino for almost 2 months and its doing a decent job.

Edited by gems2889, 20 December 2011 - 12:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users