Photo

I Need Help...i've Been Suffering Sever Acne. I Don't Know What To Do Anymore.

severe acne teen aha alpha hydroxy acid

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 MRGENTLEMAN

MRGENTLEMAN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hi, I've had to think twice about posting on here seeing as this is pretty embarrassing...but I have a really bad acne on my face. I know there are people who have it even worse out there, I understand. I'm 17, I know it's part of hormones and what not but I really would like this to go away. I've been using AcneFree 24 hour Severe Treatment for a bit and it hasn't been much help. I'm going to post pictures (which took a lot of courage on my own part to do), so you guys can see more clearly. Please, I need help. And excuse the wanna be chin hair, it's time to shave haha!

Attached Files

#2 leelowe1

leelowe1

• Site Watch
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 10
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

Hi, i definitely recommend if possible, for you to go and see a dermatologist. Your acne can scar and leave marks that can stay with you for a very long time. If that is not a possibility, you may want to take the suggestion of others and go on an elimination diet (the theory is that certain foods cause inflammation so if you don't make your body inflammatory, you won't have acne). Most people start by eliminating diary and gluten. Good luck with treatment and above else, be patient and don't get frustrated. Treating acne takes a looooong time.

#3 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:05 PM

hey bro i know acne sucks! you just gotta hang in there!, tell us more about you so we can help.. regimen? lifestyle.. diet.. background history genetics might play a huge part in yor acne, i know it does in mine my dad had terrible acne so did my brother and so do i /:

#4 MRGENTLEMAN

MRGENTLEMAN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

My family and I don't eat very healthy. A lot of junk food including pizza and popcorn and cookies. We fry a lot of things also,but mostly eat chicken. I'm on the computer a lot. I start my day by waking up, putting on the AcneFree morning steps, and then continue on to school. I put on the evening stuff around 5-7 pm. Ask questions, and i'll answer. I'll also consider going to a dermatologist.

Regimen:

AM:AcneFree Antibacterial Cleansing Wash, " " Corrective Toner, " ", Maximum Strength Repair Lotion,

PM: AcneFree Antibacterial Cleansing Wash, " " Corrective Toner, " Retinal Renewal Complex

My dad has facial scars so I imagine he had a severe problem as well, My brother is form a different father but he has todl me that his was just as bad as mine, he doesn't have any scars.

#5 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

well you should ask your dad if he suffered from acne like yours and i would definitely recommend the derm asap! the longer you wait the worse it will get. and eating all the food you eat causes acne! any thing fried and greasy and junk all causes toxins in the body and aggravates acne you should make an appt with the derm and in the mean time start eating ALOT of veggies and some fruits not iceberg salad drenched in ranch dressing that wont work until you see the doc, he can prescibe you accutane which is usually a last resort for people with some side effects but ive heard that its a guarantee to clear acne after a few months. hang in there man! there is a treatment!

#6 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:45 PM

Hang in there, as there is no cure to acne but there is a way of controlling your acne by avoiding refined foods, try consuming little bits of sugar, eliminate dairy and gluten from your diet since they're known to trigger inflammation thus causing acne. Also drink loads of water and less soda( if you drink soda btw)
How long have you been on that acne regimen? If its been more then 3-4 months I'd say the hell with it and go see a derm so they can prescribe you a retinoid/topical cream. Once that's been set you can use a gentle cleanser like cetaphil so that your skin won't get irritated by the harsh chemicals on acne products. I had severe acne back in August, September and October but my acne has gone from severe to moderate because I strictly follow my skin care regimen and diet. If it helped me I'm sure it can help others well.
Good luck :D

#7 MRGENTLEMAN

MRGENTLEMAN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

Oh you guys are fantastic :) Thank you so much. I'd like to know more about medicine that would clear it asap? Like Accutane and what not.

#8 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:16 PM

well theres not much you can do asap, acne takes a long time to clear up unfortunately, and any over the counter products such as pro active will probably just aggravate your acne even more. Accutane i cant tell you much about cause ive never been on it. i do know it has a lot of bad side effects, and can take up to months to finish the course. but it will clear away your acne. There are alot of post about people on accutane right now in the forums check um out.. but you need a dermatologist to get put on that, im surprised your parents havent taken you yet, my acne is half as bad as yours and im about to ask my parents to take me very soon i cant take this acne anymore! its a pain!! good luck man! just hang in there!

#9 alwayshope

alwayshope

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Looks like you have burned out acne on your cheeks that will take time before the redness subsides. The texture of your skin will take additonal time to correct. I think you may be a good candidate for Dan's regimen. Try to stay away from drinking soft drinks which are loaded with sugar, corn syrup etc. Not a huge problem eating fried chicken to me, just take off all the skin so your only eating the meat.

#10 AbyBar

AbyBar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Accutane is suppose to be a last resort if an all others meds and topicals have failed. It can also cause permanent damage to your immune system, you should really talk to a derm about accutane before giving it a thought. There are other alternatives too like my derm prescribed me retinol .5% for my active cysts, and bactrim (oral antibiotic) I use a gentle face foam wash and at night I apply the retinol on my pimples, cysts. You don't want to put a lot of harsh chemicals on your face, you want to treat your skin as smooth as possible so that it can heal. As for the antibiotics see if they can prescribe you bactrim, I notices results within the week :)
Usually antibiotics take like up to 3 weeks to see results but bactrim has helped a lot of acne sufferers within the first week . It's also a strong drug as well so try not to be on antibiotics for too long. I was on it for a month . There are many other things you can try before accutane .

#11 MRGENTLEMAN

MRGENTLEMAN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'm so happy i posted on here! all these things give me so much hope!

#12 dreamingofclearskin2011

dreamingofclearskin2011

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

you could maybe try braggs apple cider vinegar it might help it helped my acne a little bit and im still doing this regimen, drink it and put it on topically but you must dilute it in water first. and i also just order my raw african black soap im so excited to use this soap ive heard that its a miracle soap and i really hope it works with my acne!!

#13 Samsamsamsamsam

Samsamsamsamsam

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

Hang in there, bud, you're young ;). I will back anyone up that says going to a dermatologist. That's your best bet. It's not a 100% cure, at least not right away, but using their medicated products will help much more than over the counter stuff. Changing your diet could help you a lot, but I don't think diet affects my skin personally (however, it's worth a shot anyway, it definitely is better for you!).I use a lot of natural products which seem to help me, however, I don't know how painful your acne is, and I never had acne like yours. If you'd like to try some nightly masks that sooth/help with redness, I'd google the 'aspirin mask'. Take uncoated aspirin tablets, dissolve them in water, and apply the paste all over your face for at least 20 minutes 2x week. I'd also recommend combining it with natural/organic honey. Honey is really great for soothing redness, and it's antibacterial, and the Salicylic acid in Aspirin is good for acne in general. I've never heard of this mask aggravating anyone's skin, and I really love how my skin looks the next day

#14 gillsans

gillsans

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

I would cut out the acnefree severe, I used that years ago and its really harsh and gritty and your skin looks angry from the pictures. Try using just a basic soap and moisturizer like cetaphil to try and calm down your skin. Even if you can't make it into a derm, ask your parents to take you to your regular GP to get the ball rolling...they can prescribe pretty much everything a derm can (i think probably not accutane though), and they'll most likely give you a referral that might cut down the time it can take to get into see a derm.

ETA - Also I noticed that its mostly on your forehead and outer cheeks (nose, chin and above mouth look fairly clear), check any hair products/shampoos you're using that might be irritating, since it looks like you have long hair, products may be irritating your skin when you're sleeping.

Edited by gillsans, 01 January 2012 - 06:09 PM.