Photo

Will Retin A Get Rid Of Blackheads

blackheads retin a acne adult nose skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

Will using Retin A get rid of the blackheads on my nose?????

#2 LiveLaughFart

LiveLaughFart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:12 AM

I dont know about retin-a but pore strips will.
I'm serious.

#3 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:50 AM

nah they dont work, tried microdermabrasion, scrubs, creams, masks....nothing works.

#4 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Tretinoin is highly effective for removing blackheads.

#5 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

how long does it take. I have them, on my nose and I heard that it does get rid of some blackheads but will make ur pores bigger...

#6 Tyga

Tyga

H!&H

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:35 PM

Months. Worked for me a few years ago. I am returning to Retin-A Micro today for mild inflammatory acne and to purge the blackheads around my nose and forehead. I have enlarged pores in the "T-Zone" section of my face but those were not caused by Retin-A.

#7 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

What about differin? Does that work

#8 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:43 PM

Differin, like Retin-A Micro, is a retinoid (a vitamin A derivative). It'll work as well as tretinoin (Retin-A Micro). That said, Differin boasts less incidence of side effects in its users than tretinoin, so if your skin is sensitive, adapalene (Differin) would be the way to go.

Edited by nomit, 21 December 2011 - 05:43 PM.

"Now I've done it. There's urine everywhere."

Just another loud-mouthed prevaricator. The Kardashians are real, relatable, educated, and hard-working.

#9 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

how long does differin take to kill the black heads nomit? I put it on my face yesterday and its already starting to break it out, 6 big nasty red looking zits

#10 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

how long does differin take to kill the black heads nomit? I put it on my face yesterday and its already starting to break it out, 6 big nasty red looking zits

If you only have blackheads, anywhere from a couple weeks to a couple months. If you're dealing with inflammatory lesions as well, however (pustules, papules, nodules, etc.), you're looking at the more typical timeframe of 4-6 months (for complete clearing).

As you're probably aware, there's a good chance you'll experience an initial breakout for the first few weeks - perfectly normal, and, for many retinoid users, paves the way for clear, smooth skin.

Just another loud-mouthed prevaricator. The Kardashians are real, relatable, educated, and hard-working.

#11 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:21 PM

I was using a small amount of bp and the differin just on my nose but somehow its gotten on to my face and cheeks and I have 6 lovely red welts on my face now...I love u differin...not lol

Nomit does it get rid of the pores on the nose or shrink them atleast?

#12 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:09 PM

I was using a small amount of bp and the differin just on my nose but somehow its gotten on to my face and cheeks and I have 6 lovely red welts on my face now...I love u differin...not lol

Nomit does it get rid of the pores on the nose or shrink them atleast?

Shouldn't be combining adapalene & benzoyl peroxide; way too irritating. Slather on some moisturizer and make a note to avoid that combination in the future.

As for the pores, no medication can shrink the actual pores. Without blackheads to accentuate them, odds are they won't be as prominent, but they'll always be the same size. That said, there's a whole industry of cosmetics designed to conceal pores/normalize the skin's texture - may be worth looking into if it's truly distressing.

#13 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

Ive tried photo rejuv and microdermabrasion, nothing works and the Bp has made them bigger. I am just using the differing on my nose...I have read it can shrink pores and get rid of wrinkles....fingers n toes crossed....
BTW I was using the bp on face and differin on nose.

#14 allrighty

allrighty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

Nomit one more thing, what moisturiser should i be using on my nose? I have an organic cream and after i put the differin on or the day after, my nose is really oiley and full of blackheads....I have tried jojoba oil too with no luck.

#15 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

Adapalene, like all retinoids, does help with wrinkles, though there are conflicting theories as to why this is. As previously stated, while it won't physically shrink the pores, it can help make them seem smaller by preventing the formation of comedones (and overall, just sloughing away dead skin cells).

As for moisturizer, this depends on your skin type. It sounds like your oily, so something light during the day (make sure it has at least SPF 15), such as Cetaphil or Neutrogena, and at night, something more intense like Olay or Philosophy. I'm afraid I'm not terribly experienced with moisturizers, so I won't be of too much help when it comes to the brands. :|

Good luck with your treatment! :)