Photo

Tca Cross Has Destroyed My Face.

tca cross trichloroacetic acid chemical peel burn tca peel scarring tca hypertrophic hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 sportsguy23

sportsguy23

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

don't do anything more to your skin... doing cross at 100% for the first time by yourself was not the brightest idea... you should have done in depth research... and normally those are used for little pin pricks and are very quickly removed... 10 seconds seems a long time... at any rate your skin was VERY good before hand and it will be good again. I hope you learned your lesson and won't play with fire again.

Moving forward I saw the "craters" the pics prob don't do it justice but honestly... I think you just need to give your skin a solid 3-6 months to heal and you may not be as you were before but you'll be very close...

also you are using an intensive amount of products... copper peptides, petroleum jelly... and others... all these things are too much for your skin now... manage your acne... moisturize and do nothing else.

good luck to you sir

#22 LoveGreenSmoothies

LoveGreenSmoothies

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:18 PM

Don't put anything else on your face right now.

Take vitamin C and zinc to help build collagen.

Depending how they heal, you may need excision to 'fix' them. It will leave another scar but it will be less noticeable if done correctly. Ironically, TCA cross may actually help the new scars if they turn out to be boxscars, but I'm not sure TCAx helps BS's, it's used for ice picks mostly. Of course don't do anything yourself from here on out.

#23 guy94hg59

guy94hg59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Update: I'm sorry I didn't reply on this sooner... My appointment with the surgeon got pushed back due to the holidays. I walked in the P.S's office, and he told me that it really was just redness, and it would likely take half a year to a full year to return to normal skin color, and that there really will only be one possibility for a scar...and he said he'd "cut it out"...... He also looked at the scarring on my back and told me that because it was in such a difficult area for scarring, there was nothing that he could really do. He said he could cut those scars out also, but ultimately it might just look worse, and form a bigger scar..... So....he really didn't give advice on anything to do. In general, it looks much better than it did, but the spots are still a neon red color... Seriously bright red... it's weird. So I think I'm going to but some sillicone scar gel. I read online that will help with redness.... I will continue to have light peels done by a licensed aesthetician as well. Booo :/

#24 sean j

sean j

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

What do the scars on your back look like? Little white hypertrophic bumps? Are they all over?

#25 enjoy

enjoy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

look into those silicone gel sheets to speed the healing/repair of the damage you did. You could cut up a large on and wear little squares of it on your face at night or something. It seems to really help some people's scarring in terms of both color and indents or raised scarring.

#26 tracy521

tracy521

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

hey i just saw this post and was wondering how your skin is doing now.

#27 guy94hg59

guy94hg59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

I have permanent scars from the TCA. However, now I am having considerable issues with acne.....

What do the scars on your back look like? Little white hypertrophic bumps? Are they all over?

They are hypotrophic, white and scattered. A few keloid-ish scars. One or two depressed scars..... Also tons of tiny little bumps... They're not zits.... 

#28 adrianfe12

adrianfe12

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

This is a very interesting topic. I revere your courageous postings about your incident. Not too many people are brave to do that. So far, I have read many tca cross stories both good and bad since the spring of 2012. I will be ready to perform a self administerd 50 tca cross this September, after my vacation, on a few ice pick scars. I will see how it reacts from there before applying more.

Any advice you may offer to a fellow acne.org companion?

#29 guy94hg59

guy94hg59

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Well, I honestly don't recommend doing it yourself...Have you ever been on Accutane? If so I don't recommend doing it at all.