Photo

Where Is This Miraculous Acne Drug Announced In 2008?

4 replies to this topic

#1 eastie

eastie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

http://www.summitplc...etrialFINAL.pdf

what happened?its been 3 years and silence?:P

#2 a la mode

a la mode

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

http://www.summitplc...etrialFINAL.pdf

what happened?its been 3 years and silence?Posted Image

The drug was either too difficult to process/synthesize/extract or they found out in later testing that the drug WASN'T as great as they thought it was (usually it's about causing liver damage in people). A vast majority of tested drugs don't make it to FDA approval for these reasons. For example, Hoodia (for obesity) was dropped by Pfizer and Unilever because it was difficult to process, and a study later found out that the herb didn't work and caused liver damage.

Edited by a la mode, 17 December 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#3 Wotever

Wotever

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

It sounded a bit fishy from day one (e.g. they claimed the impressive results with a pill, but only ever suggested that a topical treatment would/might be developed ; why?) The inconsistencies / ambiguities in the information provided by Summit make me think that they were never being very honest about the whole thing. Perhaps it was a basically a publicity stunt?

#4 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

if it really worked then it was probably bought out and shut down. pharmacies need their money

#5 Monkeybeanmagic

Monkeybeanmagic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

When there's silence for this long, it generally means there was a problem with the clinical trials (funding or something went wrong). It's definitely a bad sign. I think this is a classic example of too good to be true.

Also, it was supposed to be based on an existing medication, yet there is no known medication (isotretinoin excepted) that has such a dramatic effect on sebum production. Those who thought it was oxybutynin chloride have found that this doesn't do anything for their skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users